Profile for C. Hatfield > Reviews

Content by C. Hatfield
Top Reviewer Ranking: 587

C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Denby Jet Dinner Plate
Denby Jet Dinner Plate

5.0 out of 5 stars Jet Set., 13 Dec 2014
I like Denby quality and these plates look stylish and understated. I bought more types to make up a matching set. A few months of heavy use has not diminished their appeal or their quality finish. A nice size for a main meal, not too big, but not too small for the occasional fish and chips.

100% BRUSHED COTTON FLANNELETTE SINGLE BED DUVET COVER BEDDING SET INNSBRUCK RED
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink dreams, 13 Dec 2014
Nice but the problem is they aren't colourfast. I recommend you put them through the wash before using them on your nice white sheets and slowly turning yourself a pinkish tinge overnight. Not sure about the quality of the fabric either but the stitching looks OK.

Creative Tops 16-Piece Sabatier Noir Cutlery Set Stainless Steel with Black Handles, Multi-Colour
Offered by China Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Steel, 13 Dec 2014
I just bought a load of Denby plates and needed (wanted) cutlery to match which was good quality but not too expensive. I bought one of these sets to try out and was not disappointed. The name on the steel bits speaks for itself but the handles also seem well made. Certain things have a tactile quality that make them nice to use and these fall into that category. They are also easy to wash up. I was so impressed that I bought another two sets.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe you need to think ahead., 12 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Maybe there's a pattern here that you need to use this immediately but I got this as a response to my brother's dog having an issue with differentiating between outdoors and indoors when it comes to doing her business and it didn't work very well to remove the days old stains or odour. Only a full going over with a carpet cleaner restored the colour of the carpet back to near new. Maybe I shouldn't expect miracles but I do still have half a bottle in case there is a repeat event and I can tackle a fresh stain.

Acer Liquid Leap Smart Band - Mineral Black
Acer Liquid Leap Smart Band - Mineral Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Jump around, sit down, wait., 12 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has the smallest user manual on the planet, how are people supposed to read writing that small? I appreciate that I'm 'getting on a bit' but I had to go to the Acer website to try to set it up.

Once I downloaded the Acer liquid leap app onto my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and went through the set-up steps it failed to connect but still set-up on the device so now the unique key code needed for set-up has vanished. According to the on-line info I need to reset the device, I did this as shown but it did nothing. I ended up waiting for the battery to drain down to see if that resets it. Eventually it did. Not sure if I should be happy about the long battery life or upset about the long wait to get it working.

The blurb on their website offers more functionality than it seems to have and the touch screen seems to be hit and miss so is next to useless. The alarm function doesn't seem to work with the Galaxy Note 2 either. Maybe I have the wrong phone?

AnySharp 1-Piece ABS Plastic Suction Cup Hanging Hook, Black
AnySharp 1-Piece ABS Plastic Suction Cup Hanging Hook, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful idea well executed, 19 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm going to buy a few of these for all round the home because I can think of all sorts of places they could be useful. I fitted this one to the back of a gloss painted bathroom door (not tried matte paint but they would struggle on wallpaper, work well on tiles) and immediately was able to hang a towelling dressing gown on it. I'm impressed with the quality feel of the ABS mouldings and the clever design for the suction cup. Very nice.

Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 25 LED Non-Dimmable Bulb with Frosted Lustre, Warm White (Pack of 2)
Offered by DDL-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly bright., 19 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions are that these appear brighter at 3W than the 28W halogen bulbs they replaced but then they emit from a larger area than the clear bulbs removed so this may be an optical illusion. Without a light meter it's difficult to tell. The bulbs are bigger than the halogen bulbs so if the fit is tight you may need to consider that before buying these. The fitting these went into is a serpentine affair and the bulbs came close to the armature. One immediate impression I recall when fitting is that the SES fitting seemed better formed than the Osram bulbs they replaced and the finish generally appeared to be superior. Not something you'd see in use but the impression of quality is re-assuring and these are not much more expensive than the halogen bulbs. I'm very pleased with them.

AEG DB5210-U 4 Safety Plus Steam Iron, 0.3 Litre, 2200 Watt
AEG DB5210-U 4 Safety Plus Steam Iron, 0.3 Litre, 2200 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars A good first iron., 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the fact that this iron had a good shape with a sharp point to enable getting into the corners of shirts. The heated iron plate has a nice finish resulting in a smooth operation and rapid ironing. From start up it heats up to a high heat very quickly so you can get on with your ironing. Overall the impression it gives is of good built quality and lightweight. A good all round steam iron and I would definitely recommend over some more expensive irons.

PetSafe ScoopFree Original Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe ScoopFree Original Self-Cleaning Litter Box

4.0 out of 5 stars There's Money in Cat Business., 1 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing to emphasise about this product is that it is huge compared to the normal cat litter trays you would buy and I recommend that a) you measure out the area you have set aside for this is big enough and b) there is a nearby electric socket. This would not have suited my brother's cat poop arrangements for instance because it would fail at the first criteria.

I think it wise, even if you are a 'bloke', to read the manual before subjecting your treasured moggie to this device. Not because it is likely to electrocute them if you don't but more to fine tune it to the needs of your pampered pet.

Once you have assembled and plugged it in the first thing to do is set the time before if 'rakes' the poop. For maximum 'smell reduction' benefit I would recommend 5 minutes since if the little hairy monster(s) return to the scene of the crime the timer is reset. No risk of it raking your screeching feline off the plot.

Then it's just a matter of convincing your cat that this is as good as the alternate litter box they enjoyed previously. If you're there, at home, nearby, watching them, I would recommend removing the old one to speed the conversion but if you can't watch them all the time it would be common sense to have them side by side and make the switch over a period of time. Better that than a little surprise underfoot in the morning.

Now to the thorny question of economics. This depends upon what value you put on not having to manually poop scoop and how smelly your cat's business is. To replace the consumables is hideously expensive if you don't mind and more bearable if you do. You can buy a 'forever' tray and replacement litter through Amazon. They are pricey but cheaper in the very long term than buying the consumables. Either way it's a value judgement you will have to research and decide for yourself.

Does it work and is it worth it? Yes it does work surprisingly well. The worth of any gadget like this will depend upon how you trade convenience vs cost. Cat ownership needn't be a messy business.

Philips LED Spotlight Light Bulb - Dimmable (GU10 4W) - Warm White
Philips LED Spotlight Light Bulb - Dimmable (GU10 4W) - Warm White
Offered by DDL-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeing things in a new light., 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sort of 'willed' a four GU10 spot array in the kitchen after my mum died (she had chosen it) and was having constant problems with prematurely blown halogen bulbs. After several messy accidents with a sharp knife in the inky gloom, I stumbled upon the new LED bulbs that were becoming available. They clearly run a lot cooler than the original halogen bulbs and this translates into longer life and a significant cost saving. Yes they are an expensive initial purchase but I was changing halogen bulbs every three to four weeks at one point. Conversely even early LED bulbs have lasted six months to a year before starting to go dim and flicker. The quality and longevity of LED's is improving all the time so, in my mind they're a no-brainer but I have been trying different types as they all differ in the type of light they produce and the spread of light. I tried this one to replace the last of the early designs that was starting to go a bit 'yellow' at the edges. I always try them 'back to back' with the last of my 35W halogen bulbs to test if they really are equivalent. These bulbs are, as they claim, excellent at colour rendering and the light allows you to see when the wholemeal toast is starting to go (more) brown in the toaster. There's none of the 'yellow haze' you used to see in older LED designs around the edges of the lit area. These really are white. The amount of light is equivalent to 35W halogen but I always found halogen light to be a bit 'harsh' and I feel that these modern LED's cast a more eye friendly light. If you too have white tiling you'll know what I mean. The Halogens used to make me go 'snow blind'. I thoroughly recommend that you give these a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20