Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Mr. J Hamilton > Reviews

Content by Mr. J Hamilton

Mr. J Hamilton

Glee - Season 4 [DVD]
Glee - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lea Michele

4.0 out of 5 stars Glee is back., 10 May 2013
This review is from: Glee - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Having just viewed the season finale, I decided to review the season as a whole.
While I know that this season may not be the best, nothing can top season 1, I enjoyed most of it.
The one weakness of this season that stuck out to me was it's reliance on "filler" episodes which do nothing to accelerate the plot. Whilst these were enjoyable it felt odd that the writers could not use the huge cast to generate plot continuation.
Saying that I thought they handled having two locations very well and it does display the talent of the writing staff and the actors involved that they were able to pull it off.
As mentioned in a previous review the music this season was strong and bore some relevance to the plot. However I did find the competition numbers quite weak' which was odd because there were so many strong group performances.
Highlights of the season, for me, include "The Break Up" and "Shooting Star" which displayed some of the finest and most memorable acting on television. Glee also showed it was still as campy as ever in the episodes "Dynamic Duets" and "Guilty Pleasures"
I was apprehensive when watching this season because I knew that some character's would not be returning to their full capacity as in previous seasons, but, I feel that with the injection of new characters as well as ongoing storylines with our old favourites thee show managed to get me to be fully involved again. It has been renewed for a further two seasons after which I feel thy should end the show.

Glee - Season 3 [DVD]
Glee - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lea Michele
Offered by Special Interests

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to it's best!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Glee - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
After the disappointing second season I feel that Glee has fully rehabilitated itself back to the show I once loved. Sure there are a few bad episodes,for example "The Spanish Teacher" and "Big Brother", but when Glee does everything well, it excels most other shows on television.
Highlights for me include "Props" and "Nationals",the disco episode, the Whitney and Michael tributes and the highly emotional "On My Way". Overall I feel this season was a success. There were a few hurdles and mis-steps along the way but I feel that if they carry on the way they are Season 4 could be the next Season 1!