Profile for Loupop > Reviews

Brother Max Easy Hold Home and Travel Weaning Bowl Set with Suction Base
Offered by Infinity Retail
Price: 8.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Particularly Impressed!, 15 Sep 2013
I didn't really end up using this much as the first thing my wee one did when I put it in front of him is simply lift it off his tray and chuck it on the floor - not a lot of suction there!!!! He worked that out in a second!

It's ok as a bowl with a lid in general but for the money it would be infinitely more sensible to buy a couple of ordinary baby bowls, plates and even cutlery to match the price of this!!!

It now sits gathering dust in a corner of a shelf! Not really worth the money in my opinion - one of those baby items you think you need that just wastes your money!

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
by E L James
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars So Bad!......It's Genius!!!, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
Awful books......awful, awful, awful.......BUT...... equally GENIUS!!!! I have no idea how to describe this mess but i'll have a go! These books are written from the pen of a teenager, idealistic, crass, nostalgic - in terms of 'teenage' fantasy!!!! So simplistic and so 'rubbish' for want of a better word BUT - so compelling - they took me back to the beginning of my forays into 'romantic' novels!!! I remember reading '15' by Beverly Cleary (I think).... such innocence, a first kiss etc. I was 12 at the time and read and re-read it over time and time again and it never lost the power to move me - hence my enjoyment of the genre! These books were written in the same vein... I was taken back to beginning of my foray into the fray! Genius is meant in terms of E L James tapping into precisely what I've just described!!! I can only give her books a big 5 in terms of achievement!!!! Much as I might denigrate the material, hey, she's just 'gone for it' and written some compelling stuff!!! Crazy but true!!! She's managed to make me interested in characters that are sooooo two dimensional - hell, ONE dimensional but so easy to read about. It's so simple and it works! I completely understand people hating this stuff but at the same time LOVING it... it's so simple. A simple story, every which way - completely unoriginal etc. but she's done it - I read all three and ENJOYED all three!!! Fantastic rubbish! I'm in awe simply for that!!! :)

Fifty Shades Darker by James, E. L. ( Author ) ON Apr-26-2012, Paperback

Baby - Toddler Unisex Trousers / Leggings - Drumming Fox
Offered by little baby boutique
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value!, 15 Sep 2013
These are fab!!! Sooooo cheap and very cheerful! Mightily impressed and they look adorable on my one year old! Can't recommend enough! Fantastic!

Baby - Toddler Unisex Trousers / Leggings - Owl on Treestump

Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars So Bad!...It's Genius!!!!, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)

Booginhead PaciGrip Pacifier Holder - Saucy Stripe Blue
Booginhead PaciGrip Pacifier Holder - Saucy Stripe Blue
Offered by The Baby Store
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 12 July 2013
I have two of these for wash and wear and they not only look great but do the job perfectly! Decent price too!

Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Style-No. 43751, Unisex Thong Sandals, Mocca Nubuk, EU 39, Regular Width
Offered by iShoe
Price: 32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.!!!!!, 12 July 2013
Just what I was hoping for - I love Birkenstocks but have always had to pay at least 50 for them and so had to think twice until now! These were only 25.66 and worth every penny! I noticed a reviewer questioning their authenticity - let me put your mind at rest - they're the real deal! I've had a few pairs before and these are kosher - the box contains all the usual authentification paraphernalia also!

Great shoes - lovely colour - flesh tone for anyone with brown skin like mine :)!!! (For some reason the review photo shows a white pair but I have the nubuck ones - hence the flesh tone comment!)

I'm going to buy several more pairs at this price now! Fantastic!

Skiiddii Single Child Bike Trailer Black / Red * Next Day Delivery
Skiiddii Single Child Bike Trailer Black / Red * Next Day Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, 29 May 2013
I bought this with fingers crossed as the one bad review on here was pretty damning. Thankfully, my experience so far has been different though not entirely so - I agree that the instructions, which appear to be a poor translation from German to English, are terrible!!! Luckily, a little common sense and patience can help work out how to assemble this with little help from them. I've yet to actually put it to the test in terms of roadworthiness but i'll update here once the expedition has been made. It's a lovely little thing though. It seems to be pretty sturdy and well made and it looks very smart and compact.

We have since been out on the road and again - this is a lovely little trailer! My boy was safely strapped in and comfortable and I cycled behind my partner to see how the trailer fared. The wheels are a tricky part to attach in the first place so make sure you test that they're attached properly before you set off. We also had to replace one of the inner tubes before starting off as it arrived flat. I have written to the company to request a refund for that and will update here regarding their reply. All in all it was a great ride out. The trailer is independent from the lead bike in terms of the spring on the handle which turns according to the terrain ensuring a smooth ride. This means if you fall off your bike the trailer stays standing which is brilliant!

I would highly recommend this piece of kit. Fantastic value!

Update - since contacting the company for a refund for the inner tube, I have heard from them offering one. Brilliant customer service too!!!

Simply The Best Daddy Socks
Simply The Best Daddy Socks
Offered by Occasions Cards & Gifts
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Simply The Best Daddy Socks
Birthday pressie for my other half and he loves them! They wash and dry well and look great! Great pressie for a daddy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11