Profile for Barcelonski > Reviews

Snekz Speaker Hard Gloss Case for iPhone 5/5s
Snekz Speaker Hard Gloss Case for iPhone 5/5s
Offered by V Direct Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bright as promised, 3 April 2015
I have just received the case. Mixed feelings.

I bought the colour "Speaker". The case is not as black as on the picture - it is rather between dark grey and dark blue. I was looking for a black case with a hint of individuality and this case misses my target by miles. Disappointed. There are other reviewers who said that a colour can be different from a photoshopped picture and I should have believed them.

It is glossy and my fingerprints stay on it. It is a hard plastic case. The print is not as bright and contrast as you would expect from the description picture. The buttons are easily accessible. The case holds the phone quite well.

On a positive side - the case arrived in two days rather than in 8-12 promised by Amazon.

Overall - I will use it but will be disappointed every time I see my phone until I buy something different.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Prestige Cartridge Compatible D1042S Laser Toner Cartridge for Samsung Printers - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for home usage, 24 Nov. 2014
I decided to write a review as I was very happy with the cartridge and am buying at again

I cannot compare the amount of pages printed so take my accolades with a pinch of salt. But! My previous Compatible D1042S cartridge last for exactly a year - i bought it in November 2013. Two original four-times more expensive cartridges both could not last longer than a year. So for me the value for money is evident.

The printing quality is a bit of issue though. From the very beginning, this cartridge printed all pages with strange dots along the left side of every page: about 2mm in diameter, about 6cm between dots, about 1.5 cm from the page edge. Usually, 4-5 dots per page. When making copies, it was the same.

We use the printer for home use only - very rarely serious documents are printed. So it was perfectly fine for us, and I was too lazy to try and return it. Don't get me wrong - otherwise, the quality of printed pages was very good, and when we used it for documents, no-one told us that they were unhappy with these strange dots. But if you print multi-million contracts, you may wish to choose something else.

ASICS GT-2000 Running Shoes - 8.5
ASICS GT-2000 Running Shoes - 8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe pair of shoes, 24 July 2014
This is my second pair - the first one was bought is a high street store after gait tests which showed that I am an overpronator. When decided about the initial purchase, I took account that I had a knee surgery - ACL reconstruction - and wanted to have the best possible support and softness.

My Asics led me from a 5K beginner to a marathon in a year. After c 1000km I started feeling that they were not that soft any more, so bought the second pair. Still, haven't thrown away the first pair and can sometimes run in them - eg when the second pair is still wet.

Light, soft shoes, no problem with pronation and the knee feels alright (although admittedly, reminds about itself from time to time but only after my very long runs). Recommended for overpronators.

Silverline 571516 Tile and Glass Drill Bit 5mm
Silverline 571516 Tile and Glass Drill Bit 5mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster drilling, 24 July 2014
Compared to a PTX bit (bought in a DIY store), this Silverline drill bit helped me to drill holes in ceramic granite wall tiles much faster! I haven't got hammer drill function on my drill but still managed to make about 3 holes per hour. The Silverline bit broke after four holes (same as PTX) but maybe I didn't follow correct technology.

Will buy again!

JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
Offered by Tec Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 24 July 2014
My Sennheiser OMX185 just decided that the left earphone had enough (and why it is always the cable where it comes out of a player plug? Can producers do something with it?), and I cannot do my morning runs without music. So I went online, spent an hour reading reviews (didn't help much) and bought these JVC HA-EB75-AE as I didn't want to pay £25 any more for a pig in a poke. (You can never try earplugs even if you buy them in a high street shop, and online reviews always vary from "superb" to "rubbish"...)

Amazon Prime did fantastic job and I have just nervously tried the JVC earphones. They beat my Sennheisers at all levels! Music-wise: bass is definitely stronger, I hear richer high frequencies and overall the sound is louder. Being three times cheaper JVC definitely produces more bang.

I haven't run wearing JVCs yet but they will definitely hold better on the ears than Sennheisers. I know OMX185 are not marketed as sport earplugs but this is how I used them - sorry, Sennheiser. The JVC's adjustability is rather limited: the ear hooks are made of rubber and flexible and can slide up and down to fit larger or smaller ears. I didn't need to adjust - they are very good for me.

Agree with many reviewers that the shape of the buds may cause unpleasant feeling if worn during very long runs but I am sure I will get used to it. If not - will come back with update.

Highly recommended product. Maybe Bose earphones for c. £100 (I owned them as well) produce better sound but it doesn't mean they will serve longer. I like good sound and I find that JVC HA-EB75-AE are good enough to listen for 40 minutes daily during my runs.

Silverline 6mm Tile & Glass Drill
Silverline 6mm Tile & Glass Drill

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly, 13 May 2014
I was tired with drilling ceramic granite tiles at home using "universal" drill bit first, and then an arrow shaped bit from another brand. This drill bit was very attractive in price and I wanted to try tungsten carbide tip. The drill bit broke when I was drilling the third hole using it, so now I am back to my bit from another brand. That one doesn't have tungsted carbide tip, and is holding well after three holes. Also, I did not notice difference is drilling speed (circa 2 hours of net time drilling per hole - battery hand drill without hammer option).

You may be surprised, but I am buying another Silverline tungsten carbide drill bit now! The price is lower than what I can get from a local store, and I think that maybe I broke it because of my amateurish drilling style.

Baby Bidou 2 GB MP3 Teddy Bear for Children (Green Pop)
Baby Bidou 2 GB MP3 Teddy Bear for Children (Green Pop)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bidou MP3 player, 2 Dec. 2012
I bought it somewhere else for our two-year old girl. The player is with us for 6 months already and it is still alive - quite robust thing which was thrown on the floor and sometimes treated really badly. The girl does like it, playing with it from time to time. The loudspeaker is alright but not too loud.

Overall, it is a great idea and nice looking toy. But execution could be better and here are things I did not like:
- You would really like it to stand tall but it is impossible. This toy can only lie down due to a rounded bottom,
- To reach the USB socket you have to unscrew the bottom. Now guess how many times a parent would like to do it (I did it only once when bought the thing),
- there is an option to use it with earphones BUT to do so, again, you have to unscrew the bottom and use it only this way - the earphones socket is not accessible otherwise! With unscrewed bottom it looks ugly and unsafe.
- I personally do not like concealed volume and fast forward buttons. I do not see why a parent would like their child to not be able to skip songs, and it seems for me nothing to do with safety if you don't count a broken thumb nail by my girl who presses these buttons anyway.

I guess all these things are result of someone's idea of children safety. Maybe they have to meet modern two-year old children.

It would be a wonderful thing if not these three points. It is still OK and I would buy it again.

Samsung SCX-3205W Black Mono Laser Printer/Scanner/Copier (Wireless,  All-In-One)
Samsung SCX-3205W Black Mono Laser Printer/Scanner/Copier (Wireless, All-In-One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good wireless all-in-one printer, 4 Nov. 2011
I was looking for a laser printer, scanner and copier in one, and this Samsung printer was one of few affordable options. (And I wanted it without the fax feature - it makes printers enormous, and who needs it in the age of scans and e-mails?)

First, I bought it from a third party seller and faced all the problems mentioned earlier by other reviewers and even worse - it was sent from Germany, with European cable and, painfully, non-wireless model. It took 1.5 months to return it, and by the time I managed to do it, Amazon started selling it themselves.

The second try was with Amazon. Delivered promptly, with the UK cable. It took about an hour to install it wireless, mainly because I did not do it correctly first. At one stage I needed to connect it by a network cable to the router - note that the cable is not included. You will need to be able to log in to your router, and to check for a couple of numbers on the router page in your browser and on the printer page, but I would not complain - the manual is quite good (please read it first). My wife would not do it though (please do not tell her :))

The printing and copying quality are very good. Wireless works perfectly - I connected the printer to three laptops without problem (Vista and Windows Starter - for netbooks). Have not tried the scanning feature yet. Note that it does not scan to pdf (tiff and something else only) which is a fly in this good jar of ointment.

Zeppelin Men's Dual Time Watch 76441 With Big Date And White Dial
Zeppelin Men's Dual Time Watch 76441 With Big Date And White Dial
Offered by Jeweller Süssenguth

4.0 out of 5 stars Zeppelin Watch 76441, 5 Sept. 2011
I was looking for a dual-time watch as I travel between two time zones quite often. My Internet search led to very few options, and this Zeppelin piece became a favourite thanks to hour numbers (rather than lines or points), embedded second watch (rather than strange additional hand), and date.

I am wearing it for a week, and it has already paid back! Four different people noticed the watch and asked about it, and one of them claimed that he would buy the same. It goes very well with business attire.

When deciding about it, I was a bit concerned with reviews saying that it is of a larger than standard size. The concern was unreasonable: it looks very impressive on my not-so-big wrist - maybe exactly because of the size!

Now a couple of "buts" which did not allow to give five stars.
- The first watch I received was defective (the small crown was constantly engaged). Now I hope that it was an isolated case and will not prevent the replacement to live long and happy life on my wrist. (BTW, Amazon did very good job replacing it - I received the new one next day!)
- The small dial is not regularly round, rather oval which can cause some confusion if you want to see exact minutes on it. And sometimes it looks as if time on the small dial is one minute back from the large one - a bit annoying. I got used to it though already.

A buyer should also note that the hands are actually dark blue, nor black. Looks to me even better!

Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2 Black Dock for iPod and iPhone
Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2 Black Dock for iPod and iPhone
Offered by Stuff-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, no technical problems, 9 Mar. 2011
I was a bit nervous afer reading many negative reviews here, especially about switching off, so I decided to buy the item from a high street retailer in order to be able to bring it back if something.

I do not need to do it. The thing delivers very good, rich and transparent sound. I have to admit there are one or two tracks which are difficult for it bass-wise, but 99% of the tracks (I use iPod Nano 4th Gen) are played exactly as good as by my expensive headset.

Technically the dock is alright. No switching off or anything like that, and I wanted to check it when travelling in order to be able to write fair review. I did not take the charger with me, and the dock survived playing non-stop two mornings and two evenings in my hotel room. I also tried it with my son's iPod 1st Gen, it works well. The remote is not as intuitive as the iPod itself, but it still does very good job, I have no problems with it at all.

So, all in all, it occupies some more space it the hand luggage than Gear4 Streetparty Size 0 (the option I considered for its size) but Logitech Pure-Fi v2 brings much better sound and i do not need to buy batteries!

I am very happy with the purchase. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2