Profile for bachino > Reviews

Sonic Heroes (PS2)
Sonic Heroes (PS2)
Offered by GameExplorers

3.0 out of 5 stars Rent it, don't buy it, 27 Nov 2004
This review is from: Sonic Heroes (PS2) (Video Game)
I love Sonic, it was the first ever game I had on my old Mega Drive and when I saw this in the shops I had to buy it.
I really enjoyed the game - to start with. Then came a level not too far from the start where the camera angles were so appauling and frustrating that the game will NEVER get played again in my PS2.
Funky 3D graphics are nice, if done correctly - unfortunately this game doesn't. Not only are some of the camera angles stupid, but the whole perception is wrong in places. Sonic Team if you are reading this then please go back to what you know best. I'll gladly play a new 2D Sonic game, it's not fancy graphics that I'm after, it's good gameplay.
The reason I'm giving it 3 stars and not lower is because like I said I did enjoy the game at the start, and I want to enjoy it now, but I just don't.

Nobody True
Nobody True
by James Herbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: Nobody True (Paperback)
I first read a James Herbert novel (The Magic Cottage) when I was nine years old. I've re-kindled my enthusiasm for reading and ploughed through 'Others' and 'Nobody True' (which I also recommend). Others gets straight down to business, it's fast paced and enjoyable all the way through.
Some people may find the character is perhaps a little harder to accept as a the 'unlikely hero' of the story due to Herbert's need to constantly remind you of his deformities, however I'm sure that was exactly his intentions - acceptance is a strong theme throughout the story.
Whether the story is true (to some degree) or not, it's a fascinating book that I truly enjoyed reading and as always the descriptiveness and depth to the characters really sucks you in.

International Superstar Soccer 3 (PC)
International Superstar Soccer 3 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Oops, is this a demo version???, 13 Aug 2003
I spent all of five minutes playing this game and all I can say if I was one of the game developers, I certainly wouldn't want my name in the credits! I really thought that the other review was just someone who had a bad experience with the game, but alas it's not the case..
The graphics are really quite poor and the game is actually jerky and not at all responsive (and my PC is anything but slow). The person who wrote the other review said it runs in 800x600 - wrong, try 640x480 with what looks like 256 colours. However I didn't notice any problems with the sound..
I'm not writing this just to moan about it, I am a real fan of the ISS and Pro Evolution series, but this game feels like it's a beta version of a game that was never actually finished.
It also comes on two CD-ROM's, and I really don't know why, I'm thinking one floppy disk maybe..?
Do yourself a favour, and stay well clear of this - get the latest Pro Evolution on the PS2.. That's the kind of quality this should have been.

Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition Value Series
Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition Value Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun, 8 Sep 2000
I bought this for the Playstation after playing "Beehive Bedlam" on Open Interactive TV.
It's really addictive to play, and although I bought Bust a Move 4, I prefer this version a LOT more (although it's still good).
Anyway, if you like Beehive Bedlam then you'll love this... So buy it!

Rogue Spear
Rogue Spear

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game!, 4 Aug 2000
This review is from: Rogue Spear (Video Game)
The game has great graphics and realism (although I can't say I've ever been a crack anti-terrorist agent).
The planning can be annoying but it's essential (note that the HQ's plan isn't always the best, sometimes just a couple of you is better than a massive strike force).
I've played the game non-stop when I've been at home, it's great in one player although it's suppose to be good in multi-player too.
Don't buy this if you're looking for a Quake style game, this is quite different (one shot and you're dead!).

Destination Docklands
Destination Docklands

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great stuff!, 9 Jan 2000
This review is from: Destination Docklands (Audio CD)
I actually went to this concert back in 1990 (I was ten at the time). It was brilliant then, and this album captures a lot of the atmosphere.
He is a great musician!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2009 10:30 PM BST

The Wedding Singer: Music From The Motion Picture
The Wedding Singer: Music From The Motion Picture
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my CD collection!, 8 Jan 2000
After watching the Movie, I decided that I'd look for the Soundtrack, because there were a LOT of great tracks featured in it.
The main reason I got it was for "Somebody Kill Me" (it is so funny) and "Video Killed the Radio Star", but the other tracks are brilliant too!
You've got to get, even if you've not seen the Movie!