Profile for Del Varnsen > Reviews

Monsters: Dark Continent [DVD] [2015]
Monsters: Dark Continent [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Johnny Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the first film, 10 July 2015
Really wasn't sure what to expect from this film. I loved the first film, and was worried that this would just be a subpar sequel.

I'm pleased to say I was way off. The film is fantastic in every way, and completely rewrites the rule book on how to make sequels - it maintains the nature of the first film in whcih it is a human story told with the monsters in the background, but it also takes the franchise to brand new places.

The acting was fantastic, the writing great and some of the visuals were mindblowing.

Couldn't recommend this film high enough. Cannot wait to watch on Blu-ray again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2015 12:54 PM BST

Lost River [DVD]
Lost River [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christina Hendricks

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully atmospheric. One of my favourite films of the ..., 1 May 2015
This review is from: Lost River [DVD] (DVD)
Stunningly shot, wonderfully atmospheric. One of my favourite films of the year so far.

Road [DVD] [2014]
Road [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Road [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Caught the film and Q&A with the Dunlops last night in London and first thing I did when I got home was order this. Really amazing, adrenalin fuelled and above all very emotional film. Made me look at racing and the people that do it in a whole new light.

A must watch for anyone who loved TT3D: Closer to the Edge and Senna.

The White Queen [DVD]
The White Queen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!!!, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The White Queen [DVD] (DVD)
Forget all the naysayers - who cares if you can see a drainpipe in the odd shot. I don't watched TV dramas for an exact representation of what life is like/was - I watch them to be entertained and thankfully The White Queen does that, and then some.

I love it, it's faithful to the books, and generally is your perfect Sunday night drama. Can't wait to binge on it for the second time when my boxset arrives. And probably a third time, a forth time....

Omid Djalili: Tour Of Duty [DVD]
Omid Djalili: Tour Of Duty [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to his best., 13 Nov. 2012
Saw Omid on this particular tour and if this DVD is anything to go by we're in for a real treat. Laughs by the bucket load. Can't wait.