Profile for Kindle_lover > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Roswell - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2000]
Roswell - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Shiri Appleby

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for my Smallville obsessed teen but she's not ..., 4 Nov. 2014
Bought these for my Smallville obsessed teen but she's not really getting into them. They really do seem quite dated now! How is that possible!! We'll keep going and I'll update when we've seen a few more.

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic movie for all the family.

Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Les Misérables [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Two hours of misery. I cry every time I see this film. Love it.

A Woman in the Polar Night
A Woman in the Polar Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read indeed, 4 Nov. 2014
Very good read indeed. I don't usually do non-fiction but this was for research and it was incredibly beautifully written.

TAGGED: THE APOCALYPSE
TAGGED: THE APOCALYPSE

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Nov. 2014
Really didn't get or enjoy this book and gave up after a few chapters.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair

1.0 out of 5 stars Hubris? Gives a whole new definition to the word, 11 July 2014
I'll set out my credentials. Degree in English. Very well read in all genres of literature. Absorb two or three novels a week. Read more than I eat.
This book is awful.
Hubris is such a great word when applied well.
How the f***ing hell did the Telegraph reviewer say this was a must read? Has he actually read any other books? Seriously, this is so badly written it's a joke.
The whole premise of the book is that two authors have written best sellers. The BEST books ever written. They cannot walk down a street anywhere in the world without being hailed, recognised, lauded. Millions offered for their books based on a few scribbled notes because their words are so fabulous.
And yet THIS author can't write.
"Oh, my darling, Harry."
"Oh, Nola, I adore you."
"Oh, Harry. My love. You write so beautifully. I cry at your words. I love you."
"Oh, Nola, how I love you."
And that got him a two-million dollar publishing contract?
My God. The staggering inadequacy of this book astounds me.
I can't begin to say how much this book disappointed me. I bought it! I paid money for this. At one point the author refunded a character for his purchase of his book. Who is going to refund me?
I have never read such rubbish.
No, I take that back. I have. The Goldfinch. The Luminaries.
NOTE TO SELF: STOP BELIEVING THE TELEGRAPH BOOK REVIEWS
THEY ARE AGENTS OF SATAN
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 9:47 AM GMT

Suki Sitting Dalmation Dog Soft Toy
Suki Sitting Dalmation Dog Soft Toy
Offered by Toy and Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 19 May 2014
This made a really good gift and recipient loved it. It's extremely cute and came well packaged. Excellent purchase. Recommended.

Lucifer's Hammer
Lucifer's Hammer

1.0 out of 5 stars 3rd try and given up, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Lucifer's Hammer (Kindle Edition)
I've tried this book 3 times and had to give up each time. I've nudged a little further each time, forcing myself through the drear boredom of these characters and their 1970s world, but no more. I can't push it out to get to the comet hitting, which is what I bought the book for in the first place. I've read pretty much every post-apocalyptic book that's been written, so was really looking forward to this (supposed) masterpiece. It's a distinct disadvantage of Kindle that you can't skip easily. I tried skipping to the comet but after 5 mins of clicking was only up to 30%. I put the text down to its smallest setting and clicked some more. 40% no comet.
I gave up.

Stranger on the Shore
Stranger on the Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Josh Lanyon novel, 16 May 2014
Josh can't write a bad novel. This is a lovely story well crafted and with great characters. I loved this novel.

The Testimony
The Testimony

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Hoped It Would Be, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Testimony (Kindle Edition)
Another reviewer has comment that this novel is in the style of World War Z in that it's a collection of people's accounts of what happened when some world event occurs. I had such high hopes for this novel because it is an intriguing idea--what would you do if you heard the world of God?
The voices just weren't interesting. I plodded on. I fell asleep.
Even if something amazing happened this would be boring. With nothing happening it's excruciating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10