Profile for Kindle_lover > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Do Not Open This Box: Keri Smith Deluxe Boxed Set
Do Not Open This Box: Keri Smith Deluxe Boxed Set
by Keri Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars For an imaginative teenager I'd say this was the perfect present. It's defies everything you usually do with ..., 26 Dec. 2014
Wow. This was one of the most popular presents I bought at Xmas. 14 year old absolutely loves this and has been working on the Wreck This Journal for two days now. It's been thrown around, worn on the foot, we've all had to provide various stains (even the cat helped with that one), drawings, doodles, and general mayhem. For an imaginative teenager I'd say this was the perfect present. It's defies everything you usually do with a book (such as never crack the spine of a new book) (cracking this one was obligatory). Love this. Odd, but very, very successful.

adidas Training Mat - Black/Red
adidas Training Mat - Black/Red
Offered by Maximum Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars This arrived beautifully packaged and screamed quality item as soon as I ..., 20 Dec. 2014
I usually work out just on carpet with (I thought) no problems, but I was travelling to another house for Christmas and decided I needed a mat as my hosts own a dog (enough said about their carpets). This arrived beautifully packaged and screamed quality item as soon as I saw it. But I was still feeling a bit guilty and gym-bunny-ish even owning a mat. However, I used it day one and saw some significant improvements to my training. The mat is thick and spongy so absorbs impact wonderfully. I felt no stress on my ankles or knees or hips for a change. Most noticeably, I felt the difference doing planks. I've been following a core challenge and on the day I first used this mat I went from 4 mins to 5 and two days later I've just held for 7 and this is directly due to the non-slip quality of this mat. I don't have good toes (broke and had my big toe fixed with a pin) so now when I do press ups or planks my toes sink into the mat a little and are cushioned and protected enabling me to work better.
The mat is very easy to roll up and the strap is well made and easy to use. When the mat unrolls there's no residual memory of being rolled up and it flattens to the floor beautifully. I can't rate this mat too highly and wish I'd bought one earlier.

The Story of the Weeping Camel [DVD]
The Story of the Weeping Camel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Janchiv Ayurzana

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
great little movie. Good for camel-obsessed people (there are such creatures, trust me)

Supernatural: The Unholy Cause
Supernatural: The Unholy Cause

1.0 out of 5 stars There's better fanfiction out there for free, 4 Nov. 2014
There's better fanfiction out there for free. Bought this because daughter ships Castiel and Dean, but there's nothing of that in here despite some reviews.

Smallville - The Complete Series (Season 1-10) [DVD] [2001]
Smallville - The Complete Series (Season 1-10) [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Tom Welling

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
Great series. Perfect for teens. Doesn't seem at all dated.

Roswell - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2000]
Roswell - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Shiri Appleby
Offered by gameshop_fuerth

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought these for my Smallville obsessed teen but she's not ..., 4 Nov. 2014
Bought these for my Smallville obsessed teen but she's not really getting into them. They really do seem quite dated now! How is that possible!! We'll keep going and I'll update when we've seen a few more.

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic movie for all the family.

Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Les Misérables [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Two hours of misery. I cry every time I see this film. Love it.

A Woman in the Polar Night
A Woman in the Polar Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read indeed, 4 Nov. 2014
Very good read indeed. I don't usually do non-fiction but this was for research and it was incredibly beautifully written.

TAGGED: THE APOCALYPSE
TAGGED: THE APOCALYPSE

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Nov. 2014
Really didn't get or enjoy this book and gave up after a few chapters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10