Profile for P. V. Davis > Reviews

Content by P. V. Davis

P. V. Davis (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and handy maybe., 28 Sep 2010
i purchased this for my mobile phone but found on arrival that it had lots of pockets and compartments for this and that and God knows what.

Young people and particularly girls will love it, bikers probably but not too sure if you want to walk around with it.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can make use of it and my Blackberry has been kept well away from it.

Toshiba SD190EKB DVD Player with DivX
Toshiba SD190EKB DVD Player with DivX

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. in all ways., 28 Sep 2010
Quite basic, nevertheless excellent quality from a pretty cheap item purchased for a friend. He's delighted.

Sanyo EM-S105AW 17-Litre, 700-Watt Mechanical Solo Microwave Oven, White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., 28 Sep 2010
I purchased this for a friend whose never used one in his life. I think it took less than ten minutes from out of the box and using the manual with explanations on how how to utilise the simple controls and he was fine.

If he can use it, so can you.

Original Blackberry Micro USB Cable For Blackberry STORM /JAVELIN / 9500 / 8900
Original Blackberry Micro USB Cable For Blackberry STORM /JAVELIN / 9500 / 8900
Offered by Fast Link
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Specialist cable., 28 Sep 2010
Although I'd lost or mislaid my Blackberry 8900 Usb cable, I was surprised to able to replace it so cheaply. Happy now although still puzzled by where the original has gone.

Aerial kit for FM radio
Aerial kit for FM radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy., 28 Sep 2010
It's a DIY kit in a neat package and if your like me, something for the tool-kit although you might never use it, but then again...............

Pyrex Round Dish with Plastic Lid, 1.6L
Pyrex Round Dish with Plastic Lid, 1.6L
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars I have my doubts., 28 Sep 2010
Nice but rather expensive for what it is. It's glass yes and therefore oven suitable but with it's plastic cover? It's microwaveable yes, but with it's cover which isn't vented?

So what to do with it?

Storage item yes. Emergency cookware maybe, but you could do a lot better for less.

Sistema Klip It Container, 1 Litre, Pack of 2
Sistema Klip It Container, 1 Litre, Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a few more., 28 Sep 2010
I have a number of different sizes of these containers and although I give them full recommendation, I hesitate with this one. The picture makes it look bigger than it is and when it arrives, you might wonder what to store in it.

Think large pack of Biscuits or most of a 400gm loaf of bread and your getting there.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a few more., 28 Sep 2010
I seem to keep buying these, with the latest for a friend with arthritic arms and tells me he's delighted with them.

So am I of course.

12 Pairs Mens 100% Cotton Dark Assorted Non Elastic socks / Size 6 -11
12 Pairs Mens 100% Cotton Dark Assorted Non Elastic socks / Size 6 -11
Offered by Bury's of London
Price: 5.83

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised., 28 Sep 2010
Not too many moons ago, you'd have paid a lot more for items like these - and still do if you prefer named brands.

i decided on these as I was getting more peeved with my current stock which always had elasticated tops. I never liked them but always ended up with another supply.

Until now.

When I saw these actually advertised here as with non-elastic tops and also 100% cotton, I could barely wait for my order fulfilment. That was back in April and I'm very happy now. A joy to wear and no horrible leg indentations either.

And my stock of over 25 elasticated ones? Shared out among a few friends of course who like something for nothing. But then, these socks aren't far off that category are they?

Judge Portable Induction Hob
Judge Portable Induction Hob
Offered by Cutting Edge Cookware
Price: 41.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed., 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Judge Portable Induction Hob
I'm very impressed with this hob which is my introduction to induction cooking. It's a nice sized unit and impressive in use.

Like other users, I think it's beeping should be quieter but don't see it as a problem. I bought for outside patio use anyway so the noise level is probably dissipated somewhat.
In my opinion, the hob itself is superior to my Halogen hobs.

Well recommended as a starting unit but also bear in mind that you may also have to purchase additional cookware to go with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20