Profile for Rob L London > Reviews

Content by Rob L London

Rob L London (London United Kingdom)

COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Medium
COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like walking a different dog!, 27 Oct 2014
My 18 month old, 38kg German Shepherd is a clever little chap. He can complete a number of obedience tasks with ease, waits at kerbs, has worked out on his own how to open doors, and now does so on command. When you feed him, he calmly sits and waits by his full bowl for you to give him the OK to start eating, he is polite, gentle and a pleasure to have.... Until it's time to go to the park! Then he is a better workout than the gym! Should you mix the walk to the park with a cat or a squirrel, then you may as well be doing a biceps class. He seems to learn everything I try to teach him with ease... apart from not pulling!

I was dubious of this harness working for us, but bought it on the strength of the reviews. Once it arrived it seemed flimsy and this added to my lack of faith in it. So much so I was nervous that he would just snap it when he lunged at something. Anyway, with a treat to distract him, I popped it on and tightened the straps as advised in the basic instructions. He tried to bite it at first so I guess it will take some getting used to. It has little fluffy padded sections that tuck around his 'armpits' and once it was on he did not seem uncomfortable or troubled by it.

Off we went for our first try, and the moment we turned the corner we see his arch-nemesis, the neighbour's cat. As per usual he lunged for it, instantly tightening the harness. He then quickly released the pressure and while still pulling I needed a fraction of the strength to hold him back that I did before. Once past our feline friend, he quickly picked up on the concept that its uncomfortable to pull while wearing this contraption. That's how I am guessing this works, he pulls, the pressure increases and tightens around him, which is not comfy, so he releases the pressure instantly to loosen the harness.

We are early days still, but while he still pulls a little bit, the effort needed to stop him and bring him back to me is minimal, and the amount of times I even need to do this is also cut down dramatically. The flimsy look of the thing is not an issue also once you realise just how effective it is.

I never liked using a muzzle Halti, or gentle leader as I think the dog finds them permanently uncomfortable, but I would not worry too much if he was wearing this for an extended period of time. When I take him into central London he's excited and pulls a lot, but this has corrected it and made it a far more relaxing walk for us both. Wish I found it sooner.

The reviews are correct here - it just works. Best £10 I've spent on the little terror!

Tefal YV9601 Heißluft-Fritteuse ActiFry 2in1, piano-schwarz
Tefal YV9601 Heißluft-Fritteuse ActiFry 2in1, piano-schwarz
Offered by PreisCompany

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not come with a UK plug!, 4 Sep 2013
Bought this, and it came from a seller in Germany and without a UK plug! Pointless. Dont buy from this listing, make sure you buy one with english in the product title, should have guessed really! I ordered the one with an english title and it was fine, works brilliantly. not sure why amazon have this on the uk site.

Bakers Complete Bacon and Liver 14 kg
Bakers Complete Bacon and Liver 14 kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Would you eat junk food every day? Your dog should not either, 13 Jun 2013
You would not eat junk food every day, why feed your dog it? Please don't buy this rubbish for your dog, you are doing them more harm than good. Read the ingredients, for the sake of your dog! Dogs don't need cereal or low quality grain, they need meat and high quality proteins. This food is junk and will give your dog a shorter, less healthy life. Have a look at websites that compare dog foods, google 'which dog food' for example. I cant say strongly enough, Bakers complete is utter rubbish, low quality ingredients, many of which are not even specified. You dog gulps this stuff up because it is loaded with extra fat and sugar. I feed my dog a BARF diet, but that not for everyone, but this junk should not be allowed to be on sale. Just because it looks good to you (which is what the marketing people have made it to look like) does not make it a good meal for your dog. Its cheap for a reason, you may indeed find that if you buy a more expensive, higher quality food, with a better nutritional content then this cr*p you need to feed less, as its more nutrient packed. Look at the cost per day, not the cost per kg of the food. The cost may end up the same.

Read the ingredients that go into your dogs food, a named meat should be the number 1 ingredient, preferability the number 2 and 3 too. 'Meat derivatives' basically could mean anything, and with Bakers, its not even the main ingredient, an unnamed 'cereal' is!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't feed your dog this rubbish!, 13 Jun 2013

Bakers Complete Beef and Vegtables 5 kg
Bakers Complete Beef and Vegtables 5 kg
Offered by Forpets-pet-store

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk food for your dog, 13 Jun 2013
You would not eat junk food every day, why feed your dog it? Please don't buy this rubbish for your dog, you are doing them more harm than good. Read the ingredients, for the sake of your dog! Dogs don't need cereal or low quality grain, they need meat and high quality proteins. This food is junk and will give your dog a shorter, less healthy life. Have a look at websites that compare dog foods, google 'which dog food' for example. I cant say strongly enough, Bakers complete is utter rubbish, low quality ingredients, many of which are not even specified. You dog gulps this stuff up because it is loaded with extra fat and sugar, which they do not need.

Read the ingredients that go into your dogs food, a named meat should be the number 1 ingredient, preferably the number 2 and 3 too. 'Meat derivatives' basically could mean anything, and with Bakers, its not even the main ingredient, an unnamed 'cereal' is!

Anil's Ghost
Anil's Ghost
by Michael Ondaatje

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best I've ever read!, 26 Jun 2002
This review is from: Anil's Ghost (Paperback)
This book really makes you think about and describes vividly the situation as it was in Sri Lanka less than 10 years ago. A complex yet incredibly readable storyline grabs hold of your imagination and honestly made me look forward to picking it up again.
With fantastic discriptive throughout the book, I'd say its a must for anyone who is interested in the East or in the history and culture of Sri Lanka.