Profile for Rob L London > Reviews

Content by Rob L London

Rob L London (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
TeckNet® Power Bank 10000mAh Fast Portable Charger Battery Pack USB External Battery Power Bank With Portable Mobile phone charger (Dual 5V 3.1A Output) for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

Lloytron Polished Steel Traditional Kettle, 2 Litre, 2.2 Kilowatt
Lloytron Polished Steel Traditional Kettle, 2 Litre, 2.2 Kilowatt
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Boils water, without fuss and flashing lights!, 18 May 2015
Been using this for ages, still going strong. Not sure why new kettles need flashing lights and beepers, all i want is a good cup of tea!

Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but snaps., 11 May 2015
Looks good but has broken twice in the same place! The bit around the silent switch is too thin so it just snaps. Have had it replaced twice but will give up on it now its happend 3 times. Pity - its a great case.

The most recent one I had seems to be thicker in this area, so they have tried to address the issue, but it still fails and snaps here.

TUFFskinz Premium Quality FULL Screen Tempered Glass screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") For Space Grey / Black [1 Pack]
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars good fit with all you need to fit it well., 14 Feb. 2015
Great value, fits very well and comes with everything you need to install it. Much better than the iloome one which was more than three times the price!

Kelloggs All Bran Chocolate Breakfast Biscuit 240G
Kelloggs All Bran Chocolate Breakfast Biscuit 240G
Offered by British_Corner_Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly tasty, 10 Feb. 2015
Ignore the bad reviews, these are tasty and do the job. Perfect when travelling too to keep your daily fibre intake up. Pity not more widely available. Don't taste like cardboard, but actually like a nice biscuit, especially dipped in tea.

SAMAR® - Premium Quality Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for New iPhone 6 [GLASS.X Series SLIM] (0.23mm) Ultra Thin [4.7-inch Screen Display] Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, Dust Remover and Home button Key
Offered by Case Specialist

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother if you care about what the phone looks like., 25 Nov. 2014
Its rubbish, the lip it leaves around the screen looks awful and picks up grime as it catches fluff when you put it in your pocket. Cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I gave this back and bought a full screen protector.

iloome Apple iPhone 6 4.7in (Onyx Black) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with CurveProtectTM Technology, Rounded Edges and Oleophobic Coating
Offered by iloome UK

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL screen coverage - worth the money, 25 Nov. 2014
Having bought my iPhone 6 the first thing I wanted to do was peel off the factory film and install a glass cover to keep it looking perfect. I read the reviews and bought the SAMAR® - Premium Quality Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for New iPhone 6 [GLASS.X Series SLIM] (0.23mm) Ultra Thin [4.7-inch Screen Display] Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, Dust Rem.... The moment I installed it I knew it was not for me. There was a lip around the screen as there was far from full coverage and that just looked wrong, every time you put the phone in your pocket it caught or picked up fluff. It was a rubbish solution and looks dreadful. I knew there had to be a better way.

I ordered this and as it has to come from the States it takes a while, and the delivery fee is high (i did not notice I was paying this when I ordered!). Anyway, it comes with a cleaning cloth, sticky label to remove dust and a thing to flatten it. Instructions are good, and easy to follow.

Most importantly... the case fits like a charm, it FULLY covers the screen and leaves a tiny lip on the sides, but the lip is on the curve anyway so it's not that noticeable. I have my phone in a Speigen Neo Hybrid case, and with this, there is no evidence of the protector at all, apart from on the home button. There is no annoying rim where the glass ends around the screen.

Key things for install:

- Make sure your screen is totally clean, if brand new, take off the apple film and put this on right away... avoid dust at all costs!
- If not new, use a liquid glass cleaner to take away all oil and muck, let this dry
- Check screen again even for tiny dust particles
- When you are sure, align the screen and just tap to stick on.

Overall, yes, at about £30 in delivery this is an expensive screen protector... but its worth the money, and the best I have seen. The one star reviews on this item just don't make any sense to me. The phone cost me £620... another £30 to protect it does not seem unreasonable.
Comment Comment | Permalink

COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Medium
COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like walking a different dog!, 27 Oct. 2014
My 18 month old, 38kg German Shepherd is a clever little chap. He can complete a number of obedience tasks with ease, waits at kerbs, has worked out on his own how to open doors, and now does so on command. When you feed him, he calmly sits and waits by his full bowl for you to give him the OK to start eating, he is polite, gentle and a pleasure to have.... Until it's time to go to the park! Then he is a better workout than the gym! Should you mix the walk to the park with a cat or a squirrel, then you may as well be doing a biceps class. He seems to learn everything I try to teach him with ease... apart from not pulling!

I was dubious of this harness working for us, but bought it on the strength of the reviews. Once it arrived it seemed flimsy and this added to my lack of faith in it. So much so I was nervous that he would just snap it when he lunged at something. Anyway, with a treat to distract him, I popped it on and tightened the straps as advised in the basic instructions. He tried to bite it at first so I guess it will take some getting used to. It has little fluffy padded sections that tuck around his 'armpits' and once it was on he did not seem uncomfortable or troubled by it.

Off we went for our first try, and the moment we turned the corner we see his arch-nemesis, the neighbour's cat. As per usual he lunged for it, instantly tightening the harness. He then quickly released the pressure and while still pulling I needed a fraction of the strength to hold him back that I did before. Once past our feline friend, he quickly picked up on the concept that its uncomfortable to pull while wearing this contraption. That's how I am guessing this works, he pulls, the pressure increases and tightens around him, which is not comfy, so he releases the pressure instantly to loosen the harness.

We are early days still, but while he still pulls a little bit, the effort needed to stop him and bring him back to me is minimal, and the amount of times I even need to do this is also cut down dramatically. The flimsy look of the thing is not an issue also once you realise just how effective it is.

I never liked using a muzzle Halti, or gentle leader as I think the dog finds them permanently uncomfortable, but I would not worry too much if he was wearing this for an extended period of time. When I take him into central London he's excited and pulls a lot, but this has corrected it and made it a far more relaxing walk for us both. Wish I found it sooner.

The reviews are correct here - it just works. Best £10 I've spent on the little terror!

Tefal YV9601 Heißluft-Fritteuse Actyfry 2IN1
Tefal YV9601 Heißluft-Fritteuse Actyfry 2IN1

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not come with a UK plug!, 4 Sept. 2013
Bought this, and it came from a seller in Germany and without a UK plug! Pointless. Dont buy from this listing, make sure you buy one with english in the product title, should have guessed really! I ordered the one with an english title and it was fine, works brilliantly. not sure why amazon have this on the uk site.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2015 10:03 AM BST

Bakers Complete Tender Meaty Chunks with Tasty Bacon Flavour Dog Food 14 kg
Bakers Complete Tender Meaty Chunks with Tasty Bacon Flavour Dog Food 14 kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Would you eat junk food every day? Your dog should not either, 13 Jun. 2013
You would not eat junk food every day, why feed your dog it? Please don't buy this rubbish for your dog, you are doing them more harm than good. Read the ingredients, for the sake of your dog! Dogs don't need cereal or low quality grain, they need meat and high quality proteins. This food is junk and will give your dog a shorter, less healthy life. Have a look at websites that compare dog foods, google 'which dog food' for example. I cant say strongly enough, Bakers complete is utter rubbish, low quality ingredients, many of which are not even specified. You dog gulps this stuff up because it is loaded with extra fat and sugar. I feed my dog a BARF diet, but that not for everyone, but this junk should not be allowed to be on sale. Just because it looks good to you (which is what the marketing people have made it to look like) does not make it a good meal for your dog. Its cheap for a reason, you may indeed find that if you buy a more expensive, higher quality food, with a better nutritional content then this cr*p you need to feed less, as its more nutrient packed. Look at the cost per day, not the cost per kg of the food. The cost may end up the same.

Read the ingredients that go into your dogs food, a named meat should be the number 1 ingredient, preferability the number 2 and 3 too. 'Meat derivatives' basically could mean anything, and with Bakers, its not even the main ingredient, an unnamed 'cereal' is!

Your dog deserves better then this, surely?

Page: 1 | 2