Profile for Mr. M. SCOTT > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. SCOTT

Mr. M. SCOTT "martin101" (Tyne and Wear, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC)
PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC)
Price: 81.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out PD 11 Users!, 3 Jun 2014
I feel I must share my experience with anyone thinking to upgrade to Power Director 12 Ultimate. I have the PD 11 Ultimate version and I was keen on the faster rendering speed of the latest version.
So I downloaded a trial version of PD 12 Ultimate and compared it to the previous one. I gave them both a minute of raw footage of video at 1920x1080 at 24mbs with 2 fades and some white balance adjustment.

PD 11 took 2'36 minutes to render and PD 12 took 2'29 minutes.

My rig - W7 64bit, i7 920 on Asus P6, nVidia FX580, 16gb RAM and separate 512gb SS drive for video capture.

It seems like a lot to pay for this "increase" in speed...or have I missed something?!

Integral LED ILA60B22S6.5N27KBEMA B22 Large Bayonet Cap 6.5 Watt LED Auto ON-OFF Sensor Classic Globe Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 10 Mar 2014
This bulb emits a bright but warm glow. It has very low rated wattage and works as a very convenient security light!

Modern Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower Valve Round Chrome Designer Bathroom SM61
Modern Thermostatic Bar Mixer Shower Valve Round Chrome Designer Bathroom SM61
Offered by iBathUK
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain!, 16 Jan 2014
I ordered this as a repacement for a low pressure shower which was incompatible with my new combi - boiler. The original manufacturer wanted around 180 for a high pressure valve assembly...
This unit cost about one fifth of this, is so easy to control and their are no leaks!

Tiger Adjustable Piano Stool - Black
Tiger Adjustable Piano Stool - Black
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfotable and elegant., 23 Nov 2013
I bought this to use with a Yamaha keyboard which I have just bought. The chair is easy to assemble and the height adjustment is great - now I can play with the correct posture. Pity there aren't any stools with back support - maybe I will grow out of this as I learn to play!

Ford Mondeo 1458298 RHD Front Velour Infinity Front Carpet Mat Set for 2007 Onwards - Blue
Offered by Auto-Accessorize
Price: 18.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value tailored car mats., 19 Oct 2013
Ford are currently offering some discounted accessories for the present Mondeo, presumably before the new model hits the road shortly.
These mats are great, however the service isn't. While ordering the mats I requested that they be left in my greenhouse. This is a service offered by the seller, so I took it up.
However, they were left with a neighbour instead. I wasn't left a card detailing their whereabouts, so I had to rely on my public spirited neighbour to deliver them.
This where internet sales falls down badly - poor service. The responsibity for accepting goods should not be passed on to a neighbour. This matter needs to be brought up with the couriers who deliver internet orders.
I now only make orders on-line if the goods can pass through my letter box, or they are so large that I have to be present when they arrive. Otherwise I buy from a shop (!) or just do without.

Sony GP-AVT1 Shooting Grip and Mini Tripod
Sony GP-AVT1 Shooting Grip and Mini Tripod
Offered by Digi Flash
Price: 51.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a Grip!, 27 Aug 2013
I bought this to steady my Sony CX-550 camcorder and it works a treat. A recent price reduction makes it a much more attractive purchase.
It takes a little time to get familiarised with the controls, but once you have mastered it, you wont be without it!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Generic Toothbrushes, 27 Aug 2013
I bought these for my Braun Sonic toothbrush. I thought I was getting a bargain, until I placed the order.
I then realised that they were a generic, unbranded product. Although I have always thought that the Braun toothbrush heads were too soft; these are firmer, but they don't clean the teeth as well.
I will try them for a little longer however, but it may be back to Braun next time...

3M(TM) Precise(TM)  Mousing Surface with Fabric  Gel Wrist Rest
3M(TM) Precise(TM) Mousing Surface with Fabric Gel Wrist Rest
Price: 22.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold your mouse in comfort., 27 Mar 2013
This is my second fabric gel wrist rest; the first didn't survive a hot wash cycle...
The fabric rest is better than the gel rest, as one's wrist doesn't stick to it - it also saves the veneer of my table from wearing too!
Well worth the money.

StarTech.com 3 feet Slim 3.5mm Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable - M/M
StarTech.com 3 feet Slim 3.5mm Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable - M/M
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing
Price: 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Android to Automobile!, 27 Mar 2013
This is a convenient way to connect your smartphone to a 3.5mm jack. It's well made and looks very tidy.

Scotchgard Multi-Purpose Protector 400 ml (Pack of 2)
Scotchgard Multi-Purpose Protector 400 ml (Pack of 2)
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT
Price: 13.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof!, 7 Feb 2013
I bought to waterproof my leather jacket and it works brilliantly. A respray is only necessary every two or three months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3