Profile for caroline saunders > Reviews

Content by caroline saunders

caroline saunders (Guildford, United Kingdom)

Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits
Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Believers Never Die, 18 Mar 2013
This album was bought for me by a friend in order to influence me into what they believed was "good music" it sat on my shelf for 4 months before I finally listened to it, and for once my friend was right. I was hooked on this CD so, without listening to any other songs, downloaded their entire discography! I can assure you that is a mistake I will not be making again, seeming as it's only the songs on this album that were any good... But they were good nonetheless! My favourites include This ain't a scene it's an arms race, Sugar we're goin down and Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. However, Fall Out Boy no disrespect, but if you're going to cover a song please don't cover beat it.
This song pretty much proves that pop-punk isn't dead, and we can still take back the music industry!
If you like music with variety of styles, moods and tones then this CD is definitely for you.

Smallville: The Complete First Season [2001] [DVD]
Smallville: The Complete First Season [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Welling
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb start to Smallville, 18 Mar 2013
This, and Smallville as a whole, is a must watch for fans of the man of steel, or fans of comic book and superheroes in general. Tom Welling was definitely the right choice for a teenage superman, and in my opinion there's no better Kent's than John Schneider and Anete O'toole. Adding Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover as the infamous Luthor's only heightened the degree of distinction of casting choices. Furthermore they've managed to include an extremely wide variety of superman stories in the mix including (SPOILER ALERT!!!) : Clark Kent and Lex Luthor as friends, Coloured Kryptonite, and a powerless Clark Kent.

There's is also, as always, several criticisms. Being the geek I am I enjoy checking out the deleted scenes. I did, however, notice a lack of such after the pilot. We all know they're out there, so why not add them to the DVD features? If you're not like me though and you don't mind this, then ignore that tiny rant ;-) Secondly I couldn't help but feel a lack of originality, as if I'd watched these all before. As a fan of the X-files and similar series I repeatedly noticed familiar plot lines, twists, and even character features.

In conclusion, despite the cons, this is a great show and well worth watching. Even if you find this series a little bit innocent and childish, hold up for a while. Keep with it and keep progressing with the series, I promise you it gets darker...