Profile for Russtafarian > Reviews

Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker
Price: 68.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 7 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first air stapler and it's been working well. Essentially I'm doing furniture up-cycling as I do up my home, (re-upholstering a settee, making a headboard and making a 'fabric wall'). It's quite small and lightweight enough to steadily hold in one hand. It does feel like it would break if dropped (obviously not recommended!) It fires out the staples swiftly, making it a doodle to complete my fabric-based challenges. My next challenge is to make some canvas frames for painting, but will go hunt for some longer staples.
As a 'newbie' to staple guns, I would recommend it.

Rapesco, Heavy Duty Punch. 4400 Hole Punch
Rapesco, Heavy Duty Punch. 4400 Hole Punch
Price: 111.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Been looking for a decent 4-hole punch for a while. Getting sick on my 2-holed sheets of paper breaking/tearing. I do a fair amount of paperwork in the week. This heavy duty, weighted manual 4-hole punch does what it should with ease and precision.
If you're a little weak you might want to lean-in on it, but as a 6' male I've had no trouble.

Panasonic Blue/ Silver Self Hair Clipper
Panasonic Blue/ Silver Self Hair Clipper

3.0 out of 5 stars If you want a short haircut, this is for you. But I'm sticking with my barber., 16 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve had a number of beard trimmers and body groomers, but never hair trimmers. I was under the impression that this was a trimmer for all hair… so hair, beard and body, but it is in fact focus on head hair as opposed to the latter two. Don’t try and trim your beard with it, or you’ll be in need of a close shave to undo the wonky uneven result.

The only haircut I dared achieve was a crew-cut with this, simply as I thought it’d be relatively easy to do. Fortunately it was, but I did have to get my partner to tidy up the back and sides using the closer grades.
However after my beard trimmer mistake, I haven’t achieved my grade 2/3 all over hair and beard that I wanted… but give it a few weeks and I can sort my beard out again.

There’s two attachments… one is a straight 1mm cut, the other does grades 2-10mm. You’ll be using the latter unless you always want a super-close cut. The adjustable one holds its grade without slipping, but I don’t think you’d use the longer grades in the shower, you’d have trouble knowing what you’re cutting.

Being rechargeable means you can carry it anywhere. (It takes 8-12 hours to charge for a 40min cut). Plus, it’s usable in the shower, which saves your cutoffs from flying all over the place, but I didn’t find a easy to cut and see what I was doing – and hence having my partner finish up the job. While you’re in the shower you can also clean the trimmer… or run it under the tap if you do a dry cut.

For the price, it does seem a little cheap. It’s quite lightweight, and plastic, but it does do its job. However, being a typical once-a-month haircut type of guy, this equates to 6 months of haircuts. Sure, if I was watching the pennies I might consider this, but given that I couldn’t do a perfect haircut myself, I’d rather stick with the barbers.

Netgear Trek Universal N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender and Travel Router
Netgear Trek Universal N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender and Travel Router
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 34.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 16 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It’s simple and easy-to-use. Only had it for 4 weeks though, so its durability is yet to prove itself.
Its range isn’t huge (I’m on the 300mbps, by the way)… I get about 2/3 rooms away from the router for its signal to die, but it is strong when you’re in range.
If you’re after an inexpensive method of extending your signal, then this is a good choice.

Netgear EX6200 AC1200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear EX6200 AC1200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender
Price: 84.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and reliable signal, 15 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 'office' is the upstairs front room in a 2up-2down terrace house. The router is there and struggles to reach to the downstairs rear lounge and to my kitchen extension.
This has solved that problem!
This was a fiddle free setup: plug it in and power it up and then it'll emit its' signal. You can then complete the setup online so it's as-one with your original wifi.
Not only is the signal much stronger toward the rear of my ground floor, but it also reaches out into my (small) garden!
So after a solid month of use, I'm very happy with it.

Edwin Jagger DE86 Imitation Ebony Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE86 Imitation Ebony Double Edge Safety Razor
Price: 20.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smart looking, but buy some good blades, 14 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As the description says, it comes in a smart box. Yey. It's nothing overly fancy though, it just has the EJ branding / typography on it.
However, the razor itself very nice. Feels light with a weighted end (but not too weighted). Given the time since I got this, I've only had a few shaves but they've been comfortable - and I have sensitive skin, which has been no worse than a regular shave (insert well-known brand here!)
It does however lack any blades so make sure you get some good ones. They're easily secured by unscrewing the handle and removing the bracket.
The only drawback is that nothing in my bathroom matches the "luxury" style of the EJ shaving products, so I might have to go buy more products!

Sage Instant Accounts 2014 (PC)
Sage Instant Accounts 2014 (PC)
Price: 106.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful piece of kit, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has been a very easy method of doing my admin (the stuff I’m generally not so good at) for my small studio.
The UI is easy-to-use, and although I don’t use every feature available, the ones I do use help me no end (invoicing and Vat returns, etc).
Would recommend using the tutorials if you’re unsure of anything, as they’re very easy to understand (it’s what I did!). Overall, I’m happy I got this.

Out of The Furnace [DVD] [2013]
Out of The Furnace [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-to-Great performances, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first saw the trailer, I assumed this was going to be a modern day Kick Boxer with good actors, but it's far, far from that.
It's a very good drama with some great turns from a bunch of recognisable actors.
Woody Harrelsons' character has a great (but nasty) opening scene, and is frankly someone you wouldn't want to mess with. Christian Bale and Casey Affleck do a great job as the brothers with a difficult relationship. Although Zoe Saldana isn't in it a great deal, there's a great chemistry between her and Bale - much to the point where I was in tears for one particular scene. There's other famous faces you'll recognise, such a Forrest Whittaker and Willem Dafoe, who have smaller parts, and although they aren't the main focus of the movie they work well in their roles.
I don't want to give away any spoilers, otherwise there's no point in watching the flick. It's an entertaining, but definitely not uplifting movie, so the only problem I have is that now I've watched it once, it may quite a while before I watch it again. But, yes, you should watch it.

Cars Fabric Wardrobe
Cars Fabric Wardrobe
Offered by Big Red Warehouse
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for my nephew, 12 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is easy to build, but unsurprisingly the overall feel isn't that of a solid wardrobe (it's tubes with a fabric cover!).
I wouldn't recommend over filling/hanging it, and definitely don't stand anything on top of it.
However, it's got Lightning McQueen slapped over it, so my nephew loves it. I suspect it'll be good for a year or two, until the next craze takes over his bedroom.

Child of Light Deluxe Edition (PS3 & PS4)
Child of Light Deluxe Edition (PS3 & PS4)
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 12 May 2014
This is absolutely beautiful. (I'm running it on PS4, but it'd be pretty on PS3, too.)
For an RPG, it's a short story (12 hours roughly), but it's totally magical. It's combat is simple and challenging, it's art style is gorgeous, and the animation slick. With all these combined I just got lost playing it. For such a 'simple' game it's so well thought out for example the use of the second thumb-stick is great for pushing Igniculus around (who helps you during battle).
For anyone who enjoyed Grandia or Final Fantasy, then you really should play this.

The Deluxe Edition comes with a lovely art book, and a poster. (My only gripe is that the poster is folded in order to fit into the box. really wish it came rolled in a tube). The keyring is great, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20