Profile for uykusuzzzz > Reviews

uykusuzzzz

Shapesmart New Decarb Carbohydrate Blocker - 60 Tablets
Shapesmart New Decarb Carbohydrate Blocker - 60 Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if they worked, 27 Dec. 2013
I don't think they harmed my diet in any way. I don't know if they helped either though. The truth is I never lose weight just doing 'something', let that thing be a particular diet or a new exercise or some pills. Whenever I do lose weight, it's always the old-fashioned way: eat less, move more, sleep better for a pretty long time. If I happen to take these pills while doing so, maybe it will be a bit faster (I don't know, I haven't actually measured regularly)

Set of 2 Storage Boxes
Set of 2 Storage Boxes
Offered by A Place For Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Set of 2 Storage Boxes
I bought these a while back (2+ years). I put important papers in them since putting them in drawers are a sure-fire way to jamming them somewhere behind. Since getting these boxes, I moved 4 times (bane of my life) and they are still going strong. Not to mention they look nice no matter where you put them (inside a cupboard or underneath a desk)

Really good buy. I may get more.

4x Confidence Interlocking Floor Tiles 16 sq ft
4x Confidence Interlocking Floor Tiles 16 sq ft
Offered by The Sports HQ

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but, 27 Dec. 2013
I got these as I wanted to exercise at home and noise was a big no-no (creaky house, late schedule, lots of roommates and downstairs neighbors)

in terms of padding, it was really good. However they slide and still make noise. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to fix them so they won't slide (and can be removed without leaving any marks on floor) so after a few weeks, I put them away due to that constant swish sound.

I think they would be perfect if you are trying to make your place child-proof (and cover the whole floor so they don't move)

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Adobe Creative Team

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 27 Dec. 2013
Elements are solid tools for beginners and enthusiasts. This book fits that audience (me at the time) perfectly. It covers everything, gives hands on examples, etc.

Right after finishing this book, I put together a little animation/home video for a few friends in 2 days and was quite proud of the final product. This book made the learning curve incredibly fast for me.

PMP Exam Prep: Rapid Learning to Pass PMI's PMP Exam--on Your First Try!
PMP Exam Prep: Rapid Learning to Pass PMI's PMP Exam--on Your First Try!
by Rita Mulcahy

4.0 out of 5 stars Words... SO. MANY. WORDS, 27 Dec. 2013
I really like this book. PMP is all about getting in PMI mindset and forgetting about how things may work in your patch of real life PM. in PMI world, you dot your is, cross your ts and go back and check them. And Rita definitely gets you to see things in a PMI way. However, this book also has a ton of fat (eg. unorganised, opinionated text that does not really relate to PMBOK) and actually misses a bit from PMBOK. All this leads to is you reading endless text for days and trying to make the best summary out of the whole thing and still feeling the need to fully read PMBOK. Call me lazy but if I am reading an exam prep book that is twice the size of original text, I expect it to cover everything neatly.

Having said that, without this book, I would have simply not passed. Question bank and the tests in the book are amazing. I hated a good chunk of them but it all made sense later. Also explanations for prep questions are great. I recommend it.

Training Kit (Exam 70-461): Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Training Kit (Exam 70-461): Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
by Itzik Ben-Gan

3.0 out of 5 stars A book without a purpose, 27 Dec. 2013
Here is the thing... This book is actually an OK compilation of information. However, what it lacks is why this particular set of information is gathered together. It's not a 'pass-the-exam' book. Practice questions feel too simplified to properly prep you. It doesn't seem to be a 'learn t-sql' book as it does tend to skim with 1-2 very basic examples and is organised a bit funny. It's definitely not a reference book...

so, what does this book really aim? To me, it just fleshed out the scope of the exam (which is covered under the skills required bit of the exam anyway) so a waste of trees me thinks. I wish it was a proper 'pass-the-exam' book like most PM ones (eg. PMP, MSP etc) and I would have loved it.

Of course, this is my humble opinion. You may find you disagree with it.