Profile for A. S. Barry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
200 Flents Wipe N Clear Lens Cleaning Cloths
200 Flents Wipe N Clear Lens Cleaning Cloths

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality compared to others, 26 Feb. 2015
I have had this last box for a year or so and it has been brilliant. They are still wet after all that time. I just bought some cheaper ones and they not only are rougher but made hard work of a grease stain on my phone. I got one of the last of these out and it was gone in a jiffy! Consequently I immediately ordered another batch of these!

Samsung HS-1303 In-Ear Headphones with Built-In Remote Control and In-Line Microphone - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but..., 12 Aug. 2014
Great quality but volume control doesn't work with iPhones.

GOgroove Bluetooth Wireless FM Transmitter Car Kit with Handsfree Microphone , Adjustable Neck , LED Display & Universal USB Charging Port -Works with Sony Xperia Z3+ , Samsung Galaxy S6 , Motorola Moto G & More
Offered by OnlineSavings

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 1 Mar. 2014
Prior to buying the GOgroove Flexsmart X3 I had purchased two FM transmitters from Amazon, both of which had failed within weeks/months. Admittedly they were both under £10. Not having Bluetooth in my car and missing playing my music from my iPhone I thought I would go the whole hog and buy a decent Bluetooth/FM transmitter. I must say, after, 3 weeks, I love this product. The quality is so high and the designers have actually THOUGHT ABOUT what is needed/useful. For example the bendy flex cable is brilliant for positioning the control just where you want it. Also most devices without a computer display struggle to let you know what is going on. With the Flexsmart and its beeping you know exactly what it is doing and when it is locked to your phone. So simple, once set up I get in the car, turn the ignition on and it just starts playing at the last point! If you need to relock your Bluetooth (because you turned it off on your phone for example to save power) you can just turn off the Flexsmart and switch it back on again with the very tactile on/off button then wait for the beep that it is synced. Simple! Also you can control the volume and change tracks from the control. My wife, a technophobe if ever there was one, having seen it in my car has swiped if for her own and is loving it. I've not had it for long, so can't comment yet on the longer term reliability but so far I couldn't be happier.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 3:00 PM BST

TeckNet® MT-095 3.5mm Universal FM Transmitter With Build in Rechargeable Battery + 2.1A Multi Car Charger - Black
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor manufacturing Quality, 8 Feb. 2014
When working these are excellent devices - however I've had two now and both stopped working within a few months. On the up-side I returned them fuss free for a refund, however the fact the supplier refunded rather than replaced does seem to me an indication that these are not built to last. So sadly I am looking for a similar device that will last for years rather than weeks.

Bose ® Companion ® 20 Multimedia Speaker System
Bose ® Companion ® 20 Multimedia Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing speakers!, 7 Feb. 2014
Having just set up my new study with one of the kids moving out I thought I would treat myself to an upgrade from my old Logic 3 Screenbeat speakers which though plenty loud enough it was apparent that the resolution of sound and quality of reproduction were no where near up to the newish floorstanding speakers I have in the lounge. Yes another case of one upgrade leading to another! Listening to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, or Mozart's Requiem or Celine Dion just did not have the impact I wanted of feeling as if you're there listening live. So a quick bit of research lead me to these Bose Companion 20 speakers and I have to say I am delighted with them, even though they are a bit pricey. You really feel as if you have a top audio system sitting beside your computer - without the space issues or expense! I agree with others that they do have a lot of bass, with is a major achievement for such small speakers! This is very much a matter of personal choice and when I'm alone in the house I'm quite happy with it! However as others have advised you can go into Windows Media Player, right click and reduce the lower frequencies under enhancements/equaliser. Overall I'm delighted. As intended I can hear the individual instruments and can imagine I'm actually there at the performance. Well done Bose for cramming all this into 2 smallish PC speakers.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 May 2013
I ordered these after losing the ones that came with my iphone 5. Having read some of the reviews I was worried but they arrived today and I'm delighted. The sound quality is awesome and they seem the same as those that came with the phone if not even better!

The Price of Civilization: Economics and Ethics After the Fall
The Price of Civilization: Economics and Ethics After the Fall
by Jeffrey Sachs

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must" read, a dissection of what is wrong and how to put it right, 17 Dec. 2011
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The world at times seems to have gone crazy and Jeffrey Sachs, who I've long admired from his stints on Bloomberg, diagnoses the problems. He always strikes me as an inherently decent and compassionate person and this comes through in strong measure in the book. Whilst it is nice for people to be wealthy this cannot be achieved in a vacuum separate from society, and ultimately happiness comes from family and societal behaviours rather than immense wealth. Sachs illustrates countless cases where the obvious and democratic choices are completely ignored by the American ruling elite of both parties as they strive to keep their funding base happy and appease short-termism constantly with vote grabbing tax cuts, with little done to maintain or enhance the underlying fabric and long term pillars of society. The rampant commercialism that has been unleashed over the last 40 years is laid bare along with a host of statistics and graphs to prove his points. The first half of the book may make you angry however only by knowing the facts and seeing with clearer vision can we move forward in the second half Sachs details measures he believes will help address the malaise. Overall, a superb read.

Sinjimoru Sync and Charge Dock Stand for iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, and iPod, White
Sinjimoru Sync and Charge Dock Stand for iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, and iPod, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea, 29 Sept. 2011
This is a really excellent product. As most iphone 4 owners will testify getting a dock that fits when you have the iphone bumper or similar on is virtually impossible. I am still using the universal Apple dock without any inserts in as the only dock that will connect properly, and thats a bit loose. This is a clever contraption as its basically a fancy holder for a standard iphone usb cable but with the cable end held tight. One thing to watch out for is that the locking bit of plastic on this dock stand is rather tight so you have to use a bit of force to get it off - make sure you are pushing in the right direction or it might break!

Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 15 Feb. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I can honestly say this game, bought for our 12 year old daughter, justified buying the Xbox and Kinect on it's own. She plays it all the time and it is an instant hit whenever her friends are round. The interface is excellent and the movement tracking very accurate. Well done to the developers for putting the hard work in to make this such a seamless production.

The World At War - Complete TV Series (11 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
The World At War - Complete TV Series (11 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier
Offered by lightningdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch TV, unbeatable, 29 Aug. 2010
I'm up to 1942 in the series and having remembered being scared by the severity of the unfolding human tragedy when I was a child it serves as a reminder of how catastrophic war is. This is a tribute to the film-making as though it acknowledge the bravery, courage and occasional brilliance of those fighting tyranny it does not do this in a jingoistic, unrealistic way. At the same time seeing images of the dead bodies, refugees and the utter destruction is an eye-opener even for those like me who think they know a lot about the war.

The quality of the production is simply outstanding. The film clips and commentary are intertwined with interviews with "real" people who tell it is as was. I was stunned to hear the chap in the blitz say he'd been told by an anti-aircraft gunner that they were only shooting to boost the morale of the local people, they had no chance of hitting anything! The extent of the propaganda and media management of the whole campaign by both sides is highlighted.

Overall anyone interested in history, politics, human tragedy or classic TV documentaries will be enthralled by this series.

Page: 1 | 2