Profile for McDonald > Reviews

Content by McDonald

McDonald

Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small
Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Seem to have difficulty sending the size of helmet I request, 7 Mar 2014
Currently in the process of sending the second of these things back to Amazon. Ordered it in medium and got sent an XS, which was naturally enough way to small. Sent it back no problem, but had to wait an extra week as the MEDIUM was not in stock until 6th of March. No problem. Arrived today and guess what? It's an XS, AGAIN!! Hugely disappointed especially because the option of a refund is not available to will have to chance my arm on a third lucky dip. Even on the outer box it explicitly states XS, how can you possibly get this wrong TWICE? Disappointed does not cover it, however it does appear to be a solidly built helmet, just wish it actually fitted so that I could give it more of a review..!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 10:22 PM BST

Philips QC5530 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper with 180 Degree Rotating Head
Philips QC5530 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper with 180 Degree Rotating Head
Offered by Megga Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing hair clipper and SUPERB service from Philips, 21 May 2013
I chose this product originally because I cut my own hair, and like it short. It comes with a whole range of cutting lengths and options so it fitted the bill perfectly. Its also very easy to wash, and charges in an hour so even if you forget to charge it, a quick 10 mins in the morning will get you through!

I have had trouble free cutting for well over a year, and happily recommend it to others. However, on Saturday passed, I went to use the clippers, switched them on and nothing happened. No battery warning light came on, so I plugged it in and again nothing happened, no power and no charging light. A bit dismayed, I tried leaving them plugged in overnight to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Feeling a bit annoyed at having to shell out £30 for a new set (they are definately worth every penny though), I took a long shot and contacted Philips directly. And it's the best thing I could have done! The lady I spoke to took details of what had happened, didn't try at any point to fob me off or put it down to use and abuse or wear and tear, took my address and in less than 24 hours I had a free, brand new replacement set at the front door. With service like that, why go anywhere else?

As always Amazon were prompt with delivery and excellently packaged. 99% of my shopping is done on Amazon and I don't see myself going anywhere else anytime soon!!

Thick As A Brick
Thick As A Brick

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tull, an epic journey, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Thick As A Brick (Audio CD)
I already own almost every Tull album, but somehow overlooked TAAB until my brother got tickets to see the live gig next year. So I bought the album, a bit apprehensive about what I was getting myself into (VERY mixed reviews) and I couldnt have been more surprised. The concept is excellent, the lyrics confusing, fast paced and, when you really study them, deeply meaningful. Andersons satirical view on life is matched by Barres range of guitar riffs and motifs, not to mention Bunker, Evan and Hammond and their instrumental genius. Do not only listen to the album once, in the background, and expect it to sink in. Take your time, sit back with headphones in and even read the lyrics as the song goes by. Absolute genius...

As for delivery, as always with Amazon it was cheap, easy and quick. Estimated delivery was 12-14 days. I had it after 3 days. I always shop with Amazon and have done since they opened and I have never had any issues. Overall 5 stars, so buy the album, mull over it, and then buy A Passion Play and do the same. Oh, and get them from Amazon...