Profile for Stanley Ng > Reviews

Pink: The Truth About Love Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] [2013]
Pink: The Truth About Love Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Best showmanship I've seen so far!, 24 Dec. 2013
Having been to not much concerts (they don't come our way to Malaysia/Singapore very often), I'm not surprised P!nk gave Asia a miss. But of those I've experienced live (Kylie, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Matchbox20, PSB) plus those I've seen on DVDs (numerous Madonna tours, Mariah, Beyonce, etc) The Truth About Love Tour definitely ranks as one of the best. P!nk literally has the audience at the palm on her hand with her small talks, wittifulness, impromptu responses, etc. The best part of the whole thing? The aerial & acrobatic works! Especially the encore on So What?... How I wish I had experienced it live.

Samantha Fox  Deluxe Edition
Samantha Fox Deluxe Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Sam's best album! Great re-issue but with minor problems with the pressing, 2 Aug. 2012
In my humble opinion, Sam's sophomore self-titled album is her best effort thus far. Great mixes, extended versions as well as track-by-track liner notes by Sam herself. My only grouse is the songs in CD2 are not in the order as per the tracklisting. Otherwise I would've give this 5-star.

The Very Best Of Bananarama
The Very Best Of Bananarama
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comprehensive Bananarama collection yet..., 15 Feb. 2005
I still remember the first album i bought with by own pocket money when i was eleven way back in 1989 - it was Bananarama's The Greatest Hits Collection. From then on, i was hooked on them. This album, "The Very best of Bananarama" sums up their lifetime of work and success. From "It Ain't What You Do" right up to "More More More" - all these are British pop at it's best in the 80's and early 90's. Bananarama was more than a girl-band - they were an icon that sets a standard for all all-girls bands that came and went after them. Every single track here define how great the Nana's were. Although towards the end of their heydays the hits have slowed down, the songs are still worth listening to. The best thing about this collection is the CD2 which features mostly 12" mixes of their hits. Too bad the 12" of "Love, Truth and Honesty" was not included as to me that's their best song and most honest song ever. Goddesses on a mountain top indeed!!

The Collection
The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Kim Wilde's best collection thus far...., 15 Feb. 2005
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
This collection basically sums up the second half of Kim Wilde's career. Fortunately, it's the era where i like Kim's sound the most. Call me cheesy but most of the songs here reflects what the pop scene was like in the UK in the late 80's/early 90's - which to me is still the best years of UK pop music. My favourite tracks are definately from the "Close" album, namely "You Came" (my personal all time favourite), "Never Trust A Stranger" and "Four Letter Word". Her next album "Love Moves" was not bad either and one track of the album ("It's Here") still sounds great everytime i hear it. Then came a little change of directly musically and Kim turns a bit of a rock-chick ala Belinda Carlisle. Listen to "Love Is Holy" and you'll know what i mean. All in all, a great Kim Wilde's collection. A must-have for all Kim's fans.