Profile for Caroline > Reviews

Brewing Britain: The quest for the perfect pint
Brewing Britain: The quest for the perfect pint
by Andy Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Nov 2013
I bought this book as a present for my husband but he has not had a chance to read it yet as I decided to read a few pages. Bad move as I soon found myself turning the pages and settling down with a bottle of Thornbridge IPA, one of the authors many recommended beers. This is unlike anything I have read before, I don't normally like books about Beer and leave them for my husband as they are often dry and a little boring. This book was laugh out loud funny in places. It is written with authority on every aspect of beer and brewing from beer tasting, the ingredients, growing your own beer, the history of certain beers, beer festivals and you feel like you are down the pub with the author having a chat over a pint. For someone like me who will never want to starting brewing there was a "drinkers guide to brewing", a work of genius. I even got a chance to put what I found out from this book into practice as found myself sitting next to a self proclaimed beer expert the other day and I found myself correcting him! (sorry Clive). At least now I know which beers to get my husband for Christmas and hopefully I can get him to do all the driving so I can drink them all too!