Profile for NikkiWho > Reviews

Ransom My Heart
Ransom My Heart
by Meg Cabot
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one for the adults, overly romantic but cute, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ransom My Heart (Paperback)
I love Meg Cabot and this book has: her lovely humorous writing, witty dialogue, romantic scenes, and a bit of adventure as well.
Quite dramatic, at times predictable (but I still love it). It is for older readers (16+ I would say personally).
I am waiting for more of Cabot's books :)

The Great Philosophers:Aristotle
The Great Philosophers:Aristotle
by Kenneth Mcleish
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to read, concise, 8 Dec 2011
A handy book which covers all the 'basics.' I know that sounds ironic, but with its straightforward language and well-laid out sections, this thin book is great for anyone who simply wants a summary and not in-depth philosophical discussion about Aristotle.

Turner, Whistler, Monet (The World's Greatest Art)
Turner, Whistler, Monet (The World's Greatest Art)
by Tamsin Pickeral
Price: 9.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great images and text, 22 Jun 2011
A very helpful book with wonderful images, well informed, and the text/blurbs to every work was very helpful.
Buy it you need it for a project on these 3 masters :)

I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1)
I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1)
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars I am enjoying it so far, 22 Jun 2011
I have not finished reading this as I have been busy! BUT I am really enjoying this book. Sophie is quite kick-ass! I love her as a character! This book also made me laugh out loud at bits, and there were moments I was nodding in agreement ;)
So far, this is a fun book, quite girl power which I always enjoy reading. If you like reading Meg Cabot, you will enjoy this book.

7dayshop Exclusive PU Leather Book Case for Amazon Kindle 3 / Kindle Keyboard - Red (NOT Compatible with 2011 Kindle 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fabulous, but decent enough, 15 April 2011
I love the bright red of the cover, it is a very basic one and the elastic bits at the corner arent that great.

Hysteria: The Biography (Biographies of Disease)
Hysteria: The Biography (Biographies of Disease)
by Andrew Scull
Price: 10.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 20 Mar 2011
A great book, maps interesting time periods and has clearly laid out chapters :)
Has a lot of interesting details and facts - a good read

The Tote Bag
The Tote Bag
by Jitesh Patel
Price: 15.96

3.0 out of 5 stars I love bags, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Tote Bag (Paperback)
I bought this book because I really, really LOVE bags. Yes, am slightly obsessed!
It offers an insight into all different types of tote bags and the design process involved in creating unique tote bags which are, now in our society, something of a (fashion) statement. It has profiles of different companies and artists who have designed tote bags. You can recognise some iconic designs if you are a fan of bags (like me) and you can discover some art you'd never seen!
There is a free tote bag with the book.
I gave it three stars because it is quite expensive.

Rosalie and Truffle
Rosalie and Truffle
by Katja Reider
Price: 5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: Rosalie and Truffle (Hardcover)
Bought this book purely for the illustrations, although overall, the book conveys quite a messed up, silly message.
Buy it if you like to collect cute picture books, not a great story at all.

Just Dance 2 (Wii)
Just Dance 2 (Wii)
Offered by ZavviOutlet
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed, 20 Mar 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I dont like the fact that you cant choose to be different little icons when you are a player, instead you are characters from Dirty Dancing :/ Boring
Also the Bollywood song is so mis-represented. It is just a silly conglomeration of all different Indian cultures and I feel Bollywood has really been mis-represented! Bollywood has some really fun, high energy numbers. The dance moves have been stupidly stereotypical-ised. I wish bollywood would sue the game makers and the choreographers.

Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
Postcards From Penguin: 100 Book Jackets in One Box
by Penguin
Edition: Cards
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 2 April 2010
This set of postcards is amazing! I love the different colours and book covers :) Definitely worth the price. Nice to keep or send.