Profile for Francis Webber > Reviews

The Sea Sisters
The Sea Sisters
by Lucy Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Sea Sisters (Paperback)
This book was really excellent. Congratulations to Lucy Clarke for her first novel.
Many books say on the cover things like "you will not be able to put this down" but with this one I really did not want to stop reading-at the same time I did not want the story to end.

Coronation Wives
Coronation Wives
by Lizzie Lane

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Coronation Wives (Paperback)
Not read this as yet but was annoyed to find Morrison's selling it at £2.99 this weekend when I paid £5.99 for it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 11:09 AM BST

Keep Smiling Through (Beach View Boarding House Book 3)
Keep Smiling Through (Beach View Boarding House Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 10 Sept. 2012
This book should actually be no 2 in the series as it was set several months before the "second" book. I have not read much of it-but realised that when one of the main character's daughters was not married in this book (3) but was married and expecting a baby in book 2 that there was something slightly wrong. Disappointing and very misleading.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2013 9:16 PM GMT

CD/DVD Lens/Laser Cleaner with Cleaning Fluid - High Quality / For Game Consoles / PS3 / xBox / Stereo / PC / Wii
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Unclear Instructions, 2 April 2012
The instructions were unclear on this, saying apply cleaning fluid to the cleaning cloth attached to the disc. There was no cloth attached to the disc and I contacted the Dutch manufacturers who informed me (after sending two emails to them) that a tiny drop of fluid should be applied to the brushes on the disc!
I have used it on my portable DVD player and it worked OK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 11:26 AM BST

Yankee Candle Creamy Caramel Tart 1187926E
Yankee Candle Creamy Caramel Tart 1187926E

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpowering, 20 Feb. 2012
These are very strongly scented-very accurately described but unless you really do want a room that reeks of toffee I would not suggest that you buy these. Could still smell a stale tofee odour for two days.

It Happens Quietly
It Happens Quietly

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: It Happens Quietly (Audio CD)
Jacqui has a lovely voice-this is a great album if you are a lover of the easy listening genre. I had not heard her sing before but somehow guessed that with such wonderfully talented parents she would be a hit. She is!

Before The Storm
Before The Storm
by Judith Lennox

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Saga, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Before The Storm (Paperback)
I have read several of Judith Lennox's books. They are extremely well written and this is no exception. If you like sagas try this one for size. At just over 600 pages a lovely book to curl up with on cold winter evenings.

Lonely are the Brave
Lonely are the Brave
Offered by streetsahead

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Voice, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Lonely are the Brave (Audio CD)
I had never heard Maverick sing before but something drew me to this CD. His voice is a real surprise-someone has mentioned similarities to Amy Winehouse and I can see what they mean. From his picture I would not have imagined his voice to be anything like it is!

Socks Uwear® Mens Thermal Short Sleeve T Shirt Vest Underwear Small Charcoal
Socks Uwear® Mens Thermal Short Sleeve T Shirt Vest Underwear Small Charcoal
Offered by Truefaceuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the colour, 14 Feb. 2012
I opted for charcoal. After wearing it for two days the colour from the vest had come off onto my skin. When I then washed it the colour just "ran" out of the garment and I needed to rinse it many times before it stopped.
Besides this I did not consider the vest to be that warm. Better stick to the white ones but I would not buy these again.

Believe
Believe
Offered by Entertainment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I had not seen this man on television but the play list on the CD looked quite good. So pleased I bought this-Jai has a really great voice and sings the songs brilliantly. A wonderful debut album.

Page: 1 | 2