Profile for Tracy Haigh > Reviews

The First Last Kiss
The First Last Kiss
by Ali Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read..., 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: The First Last Kiss (Paperback)
I love Ali Harris and her style of writing. Easy to read, particular situations and people described with ease and flair. The perfect book for winding down with and enjoying the well written plot.

Alterna Bamboo (Color Hold+UV Shield) Vibrant Color Conditioner 250ml
Alterna Bamboo (Color Hold+UV Shield) Vibrant Color Conditioner 250ml
Offered by Live Salon

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it ways on the bottle!, 19 Sep 2013
I have the shampoo, and married with the conditioner, it does what it says and with sustainability in mind. I have found this product cheapest on Amazon as was paying double the price at my hairdressers.

Alterna - BAMBOO smooth anti-frizz shampoo 250 ml
Alterna - BAMBOO smooth anti-frizz shampoo 250 ml
Offered by Live Salon

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the bottle!, 19 Sep 2013
I have the conditioner, and married with the shampoo, it does what it says and with sustainability in mind. I have found this product cheapest on Amazon as was paying double the price at my hairdressers.

Think and Grow Rich: The Original Classic
Think and Grow Rich: The Original Classic
by Napoleon Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who need a nudge in life..., 24 July 2013
I bought this book as I needed a little inspiration in my quest for findng my ideal job. It's very well written (don't be put off by the publication date of 1934). Some of it is probably what you already know, but what it does contain are a few nuggets of inspirational truths in life, of which I found to be quite uplifting and helpful when searching for jobs which can lead you to a dead end time and time again.

It's well organised and a must for those who want to approach life from a slightly different angle. I found this quite refreshing.

Alterna BAMBOO Color Protection Shampoo 250 ml
Alterna BAMBOO Color Protection Shampoo 250 ml
Offered by Northcotes hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the bottle!, 7 July 2013
The Alterna range is a good quality brand that delivers. It is quite expensive but it does what it says on the bottle. I have used a lot of different ranges over the years, and have never been quite that satisfied as I am with the Bamboo range. It feels luxurious once used, and is a real treat. And better still, uses eco-certified bamboo.

Both Sides Now
Both Sides Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Both Sides Now (Audio CD)
The collection that Mitchell has put together is truly wonderful. Both sides now is exactly that. She takes the listener on a journey of falling in heady love, then things start to grow wrong, and ending up being able to articulate 'both sides now' coming out at the other end let down and alone. Don't listen to feel better, but to just to revel in her beautiful tones, the jazz and be taken on a ride of emotion, sorrow and aloneness. Takes a clever artist to pull this off.

Casanova
Casanova
by Andrew Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed..., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Casanova (Paperback)
After reading Pure, I was excited to read Casanova, but felt a little cheated. His art in teasing out the detail of the time in place is still artful, the Miller flair in writing is still evident, but I felt that it lacked something, perhaps a little more mystery.

Mindfulness Plain & Simple
Mindfulness Plain & Simple
by Oli Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, concise and to the point!, 5 May 2013
It does what it says on the tin! Literally! I bought this book as I was intrigued as to how Doyle is succinct in his delivery. It took me 3 sittings to read this book and Doyle makes an interesting and thought provoking read. No in depth philosophy on life, no mentioned of religion, and certainly no ideas on who and how to be...

The book is simply attempting quite successfully on how to stop worrying (about the past, perhaps what may happen in the future), and to enjoy the present through giving your brain a rest! Easier said than done, however, he puts a good case across in basically using a quick form of meditation (and no, no whale music or sitting legs crossed on a meditation cushion is required). We go about our daily lives without actually living them in the full awareness that the present deserves. In doing so, it relieves our brains of the voices we all hear incessantly about the past and worrying about the future. For me it reminds me of being aware. Awareness is something that we all lose leaving childhood, that is the simple things in life that we start taking for granted as we reach adulthood and beyond. Oh to relive the wonder and amazement that children experience! Well, actually you can! Being aware and mindful daily does bring about a comforting and self well being euphoria, practicing is believing!

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars A continuation of an absorbing and popular series of books, 24 Jun 2011
I bought this for my daughter (who is 12 years old) after reading the two preceding books. She has thoroughly enjoyed Breaking Dawn, who was somewhat sceptical before she read it as a third book in the series can be generally a let down, but she read over a week and was throughly absorbed. She said that she would recommend this as a finale to the first two books.

Between Europe and America: The Future of British Politics
Between Europe and America: The Future of British Politics
by Andrew Gamble

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for a student in politics, 27 Feb 2011
Gamble is a particularly good author in that he is extremely readable. Complicated theories are carefuly unpacked and easily understood. He has a distinct slant on Britains relationship with America, and how this permeates domestic and foreign policy outcomes. I used this book for inspiration on the assessment of Britains reluctance to join the EU. His flair in writing teases out alternative ways of thinking, an absolute must for a higher academic student.

Page: 1 | 2