Profile for B. Giblin > Reviews

Content by B. Giblin

B. Giblin "Lampeter96-99" (Isle of Wight (UK))

Takk...
Takk...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, thought provoking, emotional masterpiece., 18 May 2006
This review is from: Takk... (Audio CD)
To all you people out there who were wondering where that "piece of music" came from while listening to the Planet Earth advert, you will already have found yourself here, and that piece of music is called Hoppipolla, on track 3, of this fabulous album by Sigur Ros.

This is the most amazing album I've heard in the last 15 years. Full Stop. I want everyone who has just heard of Sigur Ros and thought to themselves, I need to find out more, to read this piece of advice/review and go and buy this album, you won't be disappointed.

It's a roller coaster ride, each track can put you into a certain place, depending on you're mood, and where you want to escape to. Essentially it's a beautifully sounding album, but its so much more than that. Let yourself go, feel the music, it's unlike anything you will come across easily in today's music climate, an album like this has to be found, and when discovered, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

In terms of which song is the "best", I prefer to listen to this album as a whole; I certainly wouldn't give it a disservice and put it on random on my hi-fi. If one track stands out, it has to be Milano, which could quite easily break you're heart.

The nearest thing I can compare this album with has to be The Division Bell by Pink Floyd. I say this purely because the DB, despite myself being around 16 years of age at the time, stuck with me, and still does, as being a great piece of music, and just different from what I was listening to in the charts. Takk comes across as being different, and as an alternative in 2005-06.

If I had my way, everyone should have this masterpiece.