Profile for Splodge > Reviews

Bigjigs Toys BJ608 Pink Flower Kitchenware Set
Bigjigs Toys BJ608 Pink Flower Kitchenware Set
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set, 10 Sept. 2014
Bought for our grandaughters for their new kitchen at christmas.

Very good product and should stand lots of bashing about.
The girls loved it so that was the best thing.

Wooden Sign/Plaque "in 1846 on this spot absolutely nothing happened"
Wooden Sign/Plaque "in 1846 on this spot absolutely nothing happened"

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to see here!, 10 Sept. 2014
Bought this in a shop in Wales and bought this one for our son-in-Law as he loved ours, wanted to get 2 but only had one in stock.
great service and everyone who sees it wants one, even the postman.

Personalised Engraved Glass - Pair of Swarovski Crystal Champagne Flute Glasses with Heart Design featuring 3 Crystals per glass - Presented in a Satin Lined Gift Box for the 'Perfect Gift'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely glass, so nice I bought them twice!, 10 Sept. 2014
bought glasses exactly like these in Prague and broke on so bought bought as replacement. Didn't get personalised but glasses are lovely and arrived safe and sound.
excellent service, would highly recommend.

Brother LC1100HY Value Pack - Print cartridge - High Yield - 1 x black, yellow, cyan, magenta

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 10 Sept. 2014
Boxes were a bit battered and we separate rather than the pack pictured. But black is working ok so as long as they do what they are supposed to do I am happy.

A to Z Guide to Rhodes 2014, including Symi
A to Z Guide to Rhodes 2014, including Symi
by Tony Oswin

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 10 Sept. 2014
Bought this as it is 2014 book and our old one was 2007.
Disappointed as there are no pictures and very basic maps.
We already have a book which covers most of what it contained in this and not much different from what we already knew. I appreciate that there is access to website for more information which is free of charge however I still think this book is expensive for what it is. If you already have a decent guide book, I wouldn't bother wasting your money.

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock

1.0 out of 5 stars That's just under 90 minutes of my life i won't get back., 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Just watched this film which I borrowed from a friend. I have to admit she had warned me that it wasn't up to the hype but wouldn't comment further.
I am a space fan and I talked my husband into watching it although it is not really his kind of movie.

I thought the effects were quite good and would have been better at the cinema although I am convinced that at one point I could see the earth slightly pixelated in one scene. I agree with other reviewers that Sandra Bullocks character would never have been allowed to go into space and as for the comedy antics of the astronauts at the beginning I think NASA would have grounded the entire crew. Unfortunately the film did not get any better the longer it went on.

The plot about the destroyed satellites breaking up one after another I found rather lame and again we have to blame the Russians....... Then the shuttle gets destroyed and there are only the 2 of them left, tethered to each other, although I could think of worse people to be tethered to than George Clooney. With Sandra gasping for air as her oxygen depletes they make their way to the ISS and for some reason George decides to throw in the towel and un-hooks hi.self from her and floats off leaving a novice on her own to try and get home. Why did he do this? We are lead to believe this is so he can beat the record for unteathered space walking, yea right.
Then there was one. The remainder of the film goes on in the same veine of crashing space stations and Sandra constantly breathing heavily. Finally she manages to get back to earth and the agony is over and I don't mean hers....

I thought this film was quite short when I looked at the DVD cover however in reality it wasn't short enough.......

This has got to be one of the worst films I have seen and as for the nominations it received and won I can only guess at what people were thinking. This film really is not worth the effort. Go and watch some original NASA archive footage instead.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 9:42 PM BST

Inferno: Free Ebook Sampler
Inferno: Free Ebook Sampler

4.0 out of 5 stars Whets the appetite, 10 May 2013
I was considering buying this book but after the last one The Symbol I was a little hesitant as I didnt' like it much.

As it was a free preview to my Kindle I took the opportunity to have a sneak. I have to say that it was very good and has made me want to get the book. I certainly had me hooked and wanting to go straight on to the next chapter.

I think I will get on my kindle though as I expect it is going to be another big book.

Looking forward to the release.

Progress
Progress

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it some time - a bit unusual, 7 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Progress (MP3 Download)
Well I have to admit that I have held back on this review and I am glad I did.
My first impression, like many others was that this album was trash. It seems to be influenced quite a lot by Robbie, who I am not a fan of as I am a 2nd time round fan and love the lads two previous albums, Circus in particular and I was lucky to go and see them in 2009.
I had already bought tickets for the new show and secretly hoped that Robbie would leave before the concert.
I have now had chance to listen to the album a few more times and the more you listen the more you get to like it, or is it just like ivy it grows on you.

I admit it I would say it was going backwards rather than progress, sounds like a lot like 80's music and one in particular reminds me of an old 80's track.

Having said that I am warming to it, some of the tracks are pretty weird but I have now been brainwashed and I like most of them, even to the point of learning some of the lyrics.

To those like me who have only started to like Take That since they reformed as a four piece it is really strange and is not like either of the previous albums. As with everything at the moment things seem to be going backwards and I suppose, for me at least, it may be an age thing, having lived through the 80's the first time round.

Anyway all i can say is stick with it for a bit, it's not as bad as you first think, first impressions aren't always right.

Offered by skyvo-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars What's with the Broken Wings, 20 Mar. 2008
This review is from: 11 (Audio CD)
When I heard Bryan Adams was releasing a new album after hearing the new single I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed. Some of the songs are really good, but he seems to have an obsession with "broken wings" mentioned in 2 songs as well as a song title on it's own, are the lyrics running dry. I have most of Bryan's previous albums and I have to say, apart from the "Early Years" which I only played once, this is my least favourite. I really feel like he's lost something, come on Bryan where are the rock tunes, something to get your teeth into. If you're a fan, you'll buy this anyway, like me, but if are new to Bryan Adams, get one of his earlier albums, you won't be disappointed.