Profile for Lilacstar > Reviews

Content by Lilacstar

Lilacstar (united kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
8-Row Swarovski Crystal Choker Necklace (Silver&Clear)
8-Row Swarovski Crystal Choker Necklace (Silver&Clear)
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery
Price: 59.85

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed feelings, 25 Nov 2011
Company delivered this item in impressive time - ordered at 10pm wed and got it fri morning. so far so good. Opened parcel and the choker wasn't in a case but in a plastic bag surrounded by bubble wrap. I'm normally not one that goes nuts for packaging but I feel that as I was willing to pay so much for a costume piece, it would have came in a box so I can preserve it for a long time. The choker itself is absolutley stunning and I'd happily pay the same price again for a beautiful piece, however...

next problem was that the chain was broken so I couldn't try it on. Luckily I'm handy fixing jewellery as I make my own on occassion so I attached a new chain and was excited to try it on until...

the clasp was attached too close to the choker so even with good dexterity I stuggled to get the clasp to lock onto the chain. So, once again, the tools came out and I attached another short chain to the end with the clasp so there was enough of a gap to allow me to grip the lobster clasp to finally try on the choker.

My frustration disappeared as, I repeat, it's an absolutely stunning piece. Couldn't be bothered with hassle of returning or exchanging and was confident enough to know I could fix it but really not value for money if piece arrives shabbily packaged and broken and flawed in design.

pearl earrings ufo
pearl earrings ufo
Offered by Esteem Jewellery
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars something a bit different, 5 May 2011
This review is from: pearl earrings ufo (Jewellery)
I think these are a fab twist on the pearl earring. I wear them as casual earrings but im sure they are an "anytime" earring. They are light in the ear and comfortable to wear and the dangling pearl gives it a flirty finish. Because the silver of the disc is wavy it refelcts the light adding another dimension to it. Very interesting earrings and I have lots of compliments about them when wearing

Heritage Sterling Silver Art Deco Fan Black Agate And Cubic Zirconia Studs 34004Ba001

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 7 Feb 2011
I've been looking for these kind of earrings for ages and been unlucky in the past as other fan shaped earrings have been too big and jag my face. These are small but make a big impact. Very vintage looking and classy. Im happy with this purchase...and they came well before the expected delivery date which was a nice surprise.

Cavendish French - Round textured sterling silver stud earrings
Cavendish French - Round textured sterling silver stud earrings
Offered by Cavendish French
Price: 40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars different from what I expected but happy, 18 Jan 2011
I knew these would be large and they are definately noticable. The picture is not misleading, however I thought the design was embossed on the metal but its actually cut out on parts - the petals are cut from the metal and the bud has some cz stones which you may not see in the picture (I didn't). These are great earrings and those little surprises didn't change my opinion of them. The cz stones are very sparkly and they are light to wear. I really like these.

CZ Round Emerald White Mother-of-Pearl Carved Flower Earrings
CZ Round Emerald White Mother-of-Pearl Carved Flower Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 18 Jan 2011
On a whim I bought these and the pink cz pair together because I liked the look and fancied owning them in a few different colours. These are nice enought earrings - the white and green contrast to give a visually nice earring. They are light, good qaulity and packaged nicely, but... the mother of pearl is almost translucent? Every other mother of pearl piece I own has the primary pink/white/black colour with secondary colours when the light hits it. You don't get that with these (or the 'pink' MOP pair) which makes them look plasticy. I could have bought something similar from a supermarket and paid less than half price. Keeping them purely because I can't be bothered with forking out to return them. If you don't mind them looking plain white then they are a good enough little earring.

Sterling Silver Earring cubic-zirconia. Round Ruby Light Pink Mother-Of-Pearl Carved Flower in (925. Sterling Silver)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 18 Jan 2011
There are a very similar pair of pink mother of pearl flower earrings on here for around triple the price of these as they have ruby or garnet stones. I wonder if those ones are indeed as pink as the picture because these ones certainly aren't. Glancing at my own pair, they look like a white, almost translucent flower with tiny stones. I decided to keep them because I cant be bothered with the hassle of returning them. Additionally I have no gripes with the size or quality as they are light in the ear and still noticable which is what I like from my earrings. If you don't mind them being significantly paler in colour than the picture shows I by all means recommend them. If like me, however you expected a nice baby pink mother of pearl you'll be disappointed (more so if you also bought the green cz pair as well). Delivery was good and the earrings were packaged nicely.

Light Aqua Blue Cultured Nugget Pearls 4-7mm (16 In Strand)
Light Aqua Blue Cultured Nugget Pearls 4-7mm (16 In Strand)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pearls, 9 Jan 2011
These are nice pearls. Look just like photo of them advertised. Can't wait to start making jewellery with them. Noticed no blemishes or faults.

coral earrings rose
coral earrings rose

5.0 out of 5 stars classy, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: coral earrings rose (Jewellery)
I'm very happy with these earrings. I bought them on a whim - not sure if they'd look plasticy. The are very feminine and small but not so small that they aren't noticable. They look very nice when I wear cz earrings in the second hole in my ear. Quick service and good qaulity earrings.

Elements Sterling Silver E3544 Ladies' Cut-out Pebble Shape Earrings
Elements Sterling Silver E3544 Ladies' Cut-out Pebble Shape Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars bigger than expected, 2 Jan 2011
Quite pleased with these as I got them for around 10. They were bigger than expected, which isnt bad on the whole but I don't wear them to work as they drop below the earlobe. I think these look classy and usually wear them at the weekend to glam-up my look. Happy i bought these.

Element Sterling Silver, Ladies', E3610, Open Earrings with London Blue Topaz & Amethyst
Price: 45.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth treating yourself, 2 Jan 2011
Blues and purples make up most of the stone colours in my jewellery box and had my eye on these for a while but was put off by the price (about 70). To be honest I wouldn't have paid that much for them despite how pretty they are. I noticed they were reduced to about 35 and got them straight away. Like the rest of Elements jewellery I own, these are well made. The stones are as bright as the picture depicts. They are a good size and weight when wearing. I'm happy with this purchase and glad the price was reduced. Delivery was prompt - arriving before christmas and packaged in a lovely big blue box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11