Profile for Keith Axford > Reviews

Content by Keith Axford

Keith Axford "Axe" (Hertfordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Draper 19258 Folding Step Stool
Draper 19258 Folding Step Stool

5.0 out of 5 stars Guess what, it folds!!!, 29 Sept. 2014
When you order a folding step stool, it's a relief to receive a step stool that folds. Well done

Philips AE6790 Super Compact Pocket Radio - Digital Tuner With 20 Presets, Built-in Clock and Headphone Socket

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid like the plague, 29 Sept. 2014
Not fit for purpose and very unhelpful seller. Complete waste of time and money.

Smart Solar Metal Silhouette Elephant Light Decorative Garden / House Feature
Smart Solar Metal Silhouette Elephant Light Decorative Garden / House Feature
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar, so good, 29 Sept. 2014
Bought as a gift for our friends who live in Berlin to place on their apartment terrace. I am told that it is a nice feature and works very well

Skylarking [Corrected Polarity Edition]
Skylarking [Corrected Polarity Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Like listening without wearing a balaclava, 10 July 2014
I love Any Partridge, and rate Todd Rundgren as one of the best musicians/producers ever, so when this album came out it was a moment of excitement. The album is fantastic, probably my favourite XTC album, and I never really gave the production too much thought as the quality of songs is superb however, having heard this 'Corrected Polarity' version the album has taken on a new life. It is clearer. sharper and there are sounds that I have never heard before. Love the inclusion of Dear God which has always been one of my favourite tracks. This is a brilliant album. BUY IT!

Arkeology
Arkeology

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminder of Karl Wallinger's genius, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Arkeology (Audio CD)
Love Karl Wallinger and World Party and have been tracking this for a while waiting for the price to reach a certain level, which it did hence the order. Apart from popping up on iPod ocassionally, I haven't listened to World Party for some time and this is a reminder of just how good they were/are. Don;t think you have to be a World Party anorak to enjoy this, but if you know nothing about the band, go for a 'normal' album first as this is not a best of. Great album for people who like to delve a little deeper into their music.

3-Tier Clear Plastic Stackable Organiser Storage Hobby Craft Box Container Case- 30 compartments by Kurtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Loom bands a-go-go, 10 July 2014
Does what you would expect so can't argue. Packaged well and is ideal for my daughter to compartmentalise her various loom bands.

Nanoblock Eurasian Eagle Owl
Nanoblock Eurasian Eagle Owl

5.0 out of 5 stars Broken upon arrival, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Nanoblock Eurasian Eagle Owl (Toy)
Although this arrived in numerous minute pieces, it didn't detract from the fun as my daughter thoroughly enjoyed putting it back together. Maybe this is an idea the manufacturer/seller could investigate, selling these as a 'lego' type toy so it is not just decorative, but fun to construct as well. Not sure how it got broken as the packaging was very good, and my postman has a featherlight touch.
*******I've just been told this is supposed to come in pieces and be put together, which is the main idea of this item. Silly me!

Sass Belle Owl Cushion, Green
Sass Belle Owl Cushion, Green
Offered by Butterfly Nest Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Howl do Amazon deliver so quickly?, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Sass Belle Owl Cushion, Green
Ordered on behalf of my 12 year old daughter for a friend's birthday so imagine my delight when the parcel arrived and contained an owl cushion. We had discussed other presents, but my daughter told me that her friend didn;t give a hoot for most of my suggestions.

Wanted (Cd+dvd)
Wanted (Cd+dvd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Wanted (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
RPWL have gradually been moving away from their reliance on being a PInk Floyd type band, but manage to retain enough Floyd to keep old farts like me interested in their work. Since discovering them (by accident), I have bought all of their studio albums, driven by a love of Pink Floyd, and love the way they show plenty of originality coupled with a nod to PF. I liked this more on the 2nd listen, and the 3rd, 4th etc etc in other words, it's worth investing time in this album, and you'll be rewarded. Great band.

The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMS 3, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) (CD-ROM)
Bought for my daughter and the advantage of Prime is that you know it's going to arrive the nex day. Daughter delighted with the game and I have no complaints about delivery etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3