ARRAY(0xa54f74e0)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Heavy Photo User" (Rochester, MN USA)

The Origin of Financial Crises: Central banks, credit bubbles and the efficient market fallacy
by George Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars COOPER HAS WRITTEN A READABLE MASTERPIECE, 7 Oct 2008
I completely agree with the positive recommendations of The Economist Magazine and the reviewer. George Cooper combines a strong technical and practical investment background to produce a modern study of the best management of our complex economy. I feel Cooper opens this subject up to every thoughtful investor {regardless their background) by writing in down-to-earth English. He uses everyday examples, like a baker making and selling bread. His clear understandings of the material and deep sympathy for the reader motivate his use of these everyday examples to eliminate the need for mathematical equations. He still maintains the needed precision.
I was persuaded that economic crises are inevitable, and enjoyed his ideas on how we might deal with them. I would like to recommend Cooper's clear, cogent presentation to every investor and student who is curious about how to improve our economy.