Profile for Inne Ongkodjojo > Reviews

Content by Inne Ongkodjojo

Inne Ongkodjojo (uk)

You Really Don't Look 50, Charlie Brown! (Peanuts miscellaneous)
You Really Don't Look 50, Charlie Brown! (Peanuts miscellaneous)
by Charles M. Schulz

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to know the man behind Charlie Brown's stories, 24 Dec 2003
When I bought this book, I only expected to see more comic strips. However, as it turned out, not only I get the comic strips, I also got to read Mr. Schulz's stories, sort of behind the strips' stories. They are very nice and I get to learn Mr. Schulz's life. I enjoy this book so much and will definitelly recommend it to everybody who loves Charlie Brown and his gangs.

The Bluest Eye
The Bluest Eye
by Toni Morrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written, 14 Dec 2003
This review is from: The Bluest Eye (Paperback)
This book holds the truth about girls stereotyping, that beauty only comes from blonde hair and blue eyes. The story flows very gracefully and beautifully. When you read it, you understand Pecola's feeling; her dream, her fear, her hopes. Your heart goes with her. You will also love Frieda and Claudia and astonished by how children's minds work. Pecola's dream of having bluest eyes is beautiful, sad and sorrowful.
I read this book for a few times and am still thrilled by the richness of words and the real meaning of it.
By the end of the book, I keep questioning why this thing happens? Sometimes life can be so unfair and there is nothing we can do about it.

The Conqueror (Dell Historical Romance)
The Conqueror (Dell Historical Romance)
by Brenda Joyce
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly wonderful, 14 Dec 2003
I love this book. I bought it few years ago and have been reading it again and again. The story is set during the William's prime time and Rolfe is the hero granted the land from Ceidre's family.
There were lots of conflicts in the story that makes it interesting. But what makes it most appealing is the relationship between Rolfe and Ceidre. I love the way Rolfe could not seem to get Ceidre out of his mind.
It is true that this book has lots of sex. All I can say is he is the lord and knows how to get what he wants :)