Profile for Uncle Fidgi > Reviews

Fur And Gold
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 1 Sep 2007
This review is from: Fur And Gold (Audio CD)
What do you get if you cross Bjork, Kate Bush, Goldfrapp and Portishead with a helping of Baroque-era choral music?

I can't answer in words, only in the sound of this album. Haunting melodies and echoing sounds aplenty in this debut release that just gets better with every listen. Everyone I know has been treated to a listen of this round my house, and every one of them has marvelled at the delicate, ambient sound.

You'll like this if: you like ambient sounds; you're disappointed Portishead haven't made an album for ages; you want a modern version of baroque choral sounds; you wanna chill-out.
You won't like this if: you're into riotous guitars or drumbeats; you like individual songs rather than albums; you avoid the chill-out room.

BenQ CDR-80 (52x) 100pk Designer Boxed
BenQ CDR-80 (52x) 100pk Designer Boxed

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they were, 8 Oct 2006
I bought and used loads of the previous BenQ CDRs - the golden topped ones in a similar purple box - and thought they were great.

However, this reincarnation is much poorer. While I managed to finish burning the audio I wasn't too pleased with the results: skips and unexplained crackles and pops. I also think the old gold discs looked much better. I've moved to another brand - at least until the gold ones are available at a decent price again.