Profile for Mr. Jeremy C. Guest > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jeremy C. ...

Mr. Jeremy C. Guest "jeremyguest" (St Annes UK)

Isle of Man (Landmark Visitor Guide)
Isle of Man (Landmark Visitor Guide)
by Marinda Fargher

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 28 Mar 2010
Excellent guide to the Isle of Man which should prove useful when I visit in July this year. Arrived quickly too.

Back To Bacharach
Back To Bacharach
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not Michael's best album, 17 Nov 2007
This review is from: Back To Bacharach (Audio CD)
This album is OK but to me Michael's voice is not best suited to these songs. The orchestra and arrangements are very good but Michael does not seem at ease with the songs. His album 'Music' was superb and the songs were a good mixture of slow and fast tempo. Also, there is a lyric error on Make it easy on yourself. Michael says 'if the way I hold you cant compare to his embrace'. The word embrace should be caress as the next line 'no words of consolation can make me miss you less' rhymes with it. A minor error but an unnecessary one. This album is for die hard Michael fans only. However, his latest dvd is superb and shows Michael at his best, in front of a live theatre audience.

Katherine Jenkins - Live at Llangollen [DVD]
Katherine Jenkins - Live at Llangollen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katherine Jenkins
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful concert, wonderful young lady, 23 Dec 2006
A great concert in which Katherines personality and doqn ti earth nature shines through. I am so glad O Mio Babbino Caro is on here as I have seen Katherine sing it live on 3 occasions, and it brought tears to my eyes everytime. I can also say that Katherine is the nicest, most down to earth persob you could wish to meet, and she appreciates that her fans have helped to get her where she is today.

Buy this disc today, you wont be disappointed!!!

Come Fly With Me
Come Fly With Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding but dodgy looking!, 9 April 2004
This review is from: Come Fly With Me (Audio CD)
I bought this set as soon as it came because I think Michael Buble is an excellent singer. What you get is a DVD of a concert plus 3 additional bonus tracks from a web broadcast. You also get an audio CD of the concert.
The audio CD is excellent and whilst I cannot fault Michael's performance at all or his band the presentation of the DVD is the biggest disappointment for me. I find it difficult to watch because instead of a few stationery cameras focusing on Michael and the band etc, the picture jumps from one angle to another too much in a very haphazard manner. The use of colour and black and white mixed together is also very off putting for me. This aspect is the only thing preventing me from giving this package 5 stars.
The performance by Michael and his band is nothing short of outstanding. His love of the music he sings shows clearly and it is obvious that his band feels the same way when they are playing. Michael is doing a great job of introducing this music to a new younger generation (like Tony Bennett did it the late 80s and early 90s).
As well as singing classic oldies like My funny valentine he also does some great interpretations of more contempary songs like Van Morrison's Moondance.
In short this is an excellent DVD/CD set let down slightly by the strange presentation of the DVD.
His second album is due out soon and should be worth looking out for!!!