Profile for Biddsy > Reviews

Content by Biddsy

Biddsy

Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. (Vintage)
Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. (Vintage)
by Ron Chernow
Price: 11.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough, 21 Mar 2014
I bought this as I was interested to learn more about Mr Rockefeller. It is very detailed and shows how hard you have to be in big business. Would have given five stars but I felt it tailed off a bit towards the end when talking about Junior's life and career. Definitely recommended to anyone interested in the subject.

The Things We Never Said
The Things We Never Said
by Susan Elliot-Wright
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Secrets from the past, 21 Mar 2014
A good read. Maggies story was especially good. I really liked the way hers and Jonathans stories came together. It's been said before but this really did remind me of Maggie O'Farrell. Recommended.

The Great Gatsby (Wordsworth Classics)
The Great Gatsby (Wordsworth Classics)
by F.Scott Fitzgerald
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book!, 21 Mar 2014
I absolutely love this book. It is so wonderfully written and set in a beautiful, stylish era. I find Gatsby the most likeable character I've read about, but at the same time so tragic. This book really manages to show all that is bad about human nature. Gatsby tries to buy into a society to which he doesn't belong and pays dearly for it. Absolutely recommended.

Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase
Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase
by Louise Walters
Price: 13.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful debut, beautiful cover, 27 Feb 2014
I had the privilege to read this gorgeous dual timeline debut when it was still at the proof stage. I was amazed at the quality of the writing, Louise Walters has the assurance of someone who has been writing for years. The story flows beautifully between world war two and the present and keeps you interested the whole way through, urging you to keep reading. Not wishing to spoil things for anyone, but the ending is a real tear jerker, so have the tissues at the ready! The cover is simply amazing, it really stands out on the bookshelf. All in all, a dazzling debut, from the front cover design through to the last page. Hugely recommended and would love to read more from Louise Walters.