Profile for ALFRRO > Reviews

Content by ALFRRO

ALFRRO "Flip the switch" (Dudley, West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
IOMAX SATA Drive to IDE Converter (Connect SATA Drive to IDE/ATA Motherboard)
IOMAX SATA Drive to IDE Converter (Connect SATA Drive to IDE/ATA Motherboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, 31 Dec. 2010
You know what. I plugged it in as per the instructions, and it worked. 5 minutes to install. Really good. My SATA drive replacement for the IDE seems faster if anything. Could be to do with the re-installation of the OS i spose, or a combination. Please overall with the unit.

Restless And Wild
Restless And Wild
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Restless And Wild (Audio CD)
I bought this for the amazing track:fast as a shark. Restless and Wild is great too, as are a couple of others. A essential addition to any 80's rock collection.

York Workout Tower (Old Version)
York Workout Tower (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Oct. 2010
I used to train in my garage and used various bits of wood and metal in order to do pull-ups, dips and hanging leg raises. When I moved house, I thought I would buy this item as I did not have a garage. And do you know what? It's great. I'm 80 kilos but I add 20-25kilos to exercise. The leg-raise exercise is much better than doing hanging leg-raises and allows you to isolate the muscles more, as you do not swing. The pull-up bar is solid. The only mild comment I would make is about the dip facility - it wobbles slightly. However, I have noticed that this has caused me to improve my form, and actually works the muscles more. I think someone in one of the other reveiws said that you tend to knock against it when exercising. This is not the case. It is plenty big-enough, if you are strong enough to train without struggling with your own body weight. So overall, it enables you to perform several fundamental exercises, with ease. I have mine in the spare bedroom on carpet and it still performs well. 5 stars - recommended - a great price too - I did shop around, and Amazon was the best.

Liteon  IHAP122-19 22x Internal IDE DVDRW Black Bare PATA + Software
Liteon IHAP122-19 22x Internal IDE DVDRW Black Bare PATA + Software

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, 1 July 2010
I opened the box, replaced the old drive, closed the box, turned the PC on, and it worked. I still use XP, and it found the driver itself. I did not need to install any software. End of story. Easy to install, works great.

Nokia 5800 Tube Xpressmusic Screen Protector (Pack of 5)
Nokia 5800 Tube Xpressmusic Screen Protector (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described, 12 Nov. 2009
Well, I have to give it 5 stars. For the type of product, it's easy to apply. Does not really retract from the look of the phone. Performs well. Still sticking after a couple of days, so yeah, 5 stars!

Sugar Town (2006 Digital Remaster)
Sugar Town (2006 Digital Remaster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow, 12 Nov. 2009
Heard it on the radio. Just 'nice'. I want to live in Sugar town !

Edimax Ew-7711utn 11n 150Mbps Mini-size Usb Adapter
Edimax Ew-7711utn 11n 150Mbps Mini-size Usb Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 11 Nov. 2009
I would say "for the price" it's great. But price has nothing to do with it. It's just plain great. Well, I don't want to over-state it, but it works - there is no reduction in performance just because it is small and competitively priced. I installed the software, plugged it in, it found the network, and that's it - working.

5800 (UK, Black/Red)
5800 (UK, Black/Red)
Offered by BLUE CRESCENTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 Nov. 2009
I love it. For the price it has all the features you want, and they work well. Interface is simple. Touch-screen is good. I looked around carefully before buying and although this phone has been out more than a year, it was still good value for money and the features are as good as the new phones I saw. Not sure what an iphone is like, but I'm sure it would just be gilding the lilly. The only niggle is that i can't just throw it in my bag like my old cheap phone - same with all touch-screens though I guess. I bought a leather case for it though.

iTALKonline BLACK SnapGuard Armour HYBRID Protection Clip On Case/Cover/Skin For Nokia 5800 xPress Music

1.0 out of 5 stars In the bin, 10 Nov. 2009
...Really, don't bother guys. I'm not a fussy person, but this is a cheap and nasty product. Comes in 2 parts - a back and a fixing frame with clips - the frame did not clip in and kept coming apart and the edges had sharp plastic 'flash' still attached. It was in the bin 3 minutes after opening.

Into The Valley Of The Moon King (Cd+dvd)
Into The Valley Of The Moon King (Cd+dvd)

3.0 out of 5 stars CD REVIEW, 8 Sept. 2009
...Unmistakably Magnum, but not of old - Music is professional but you won't find melodies and lyrics/mood changes etc, as found on Chase the Dragon, Vigilante, On a Story Tellers night. I don't know why. It's not just nostalgia on my part - those songs were great. These songs are ordinary and very samey. To summarise, I think they lack imagination.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2010 5:07 PM GMT