Profile for ALFRRO > Reviews

Content by ALFRRO

ALFRRO "Flip the switch" (Dudley, West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech Z3 2.1 40W RMS Premium Speaker System - Wood & Silver Finish (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Z3 speakers - Good buy., 27 May 2009
I bought these speakers years ago, just so i would have a nice set of speakers lying around whenever they were needed.

When I first got them, I used them with my laptop; the sound quality is superb, however there is a slight lack of midrange, but this is pretty minor. The subwoofer is real powerful, but if you just turn the bass down and the volume up, it's not overpowering.

Right now, I use the speakers as part of a larger stereo system, mainly for the bass of the sub. They fit in well, and the sound of the speakers and sub blends nicely with the other four speakers. The subwoofer is perfectly capable of knocking stuff off the wall, 'n it's nice and tight.

Good speakers, would recommend, apart from the slight lack of mids from the satellites which lost these 1 star. People give things 5 stars too easily these days.

Philips DTR220 Ultra Compact Digital Freeview Set Top Box (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good for the price, 15 April 2009
I bought this digital tv box from asda about a year ago. It's been brilliant, and I can't understand why anyone has had problems with it, because it's NEVER crashed for me. The signal is always good and strong, and I use an indoor powered ariel. The only bad thing about this box is that sometimes the picture seems to get rather grainy. But for the price, amazing. I recommend this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuvi 200W, 4 Aug 2008
I bought this even though newer versions were available, of this and the equivalent Tomtom. I'm glad I saved £35! It does everything I need. Directions are good, as are the volume, route calculation time (a few seconds), re-calculation time, (if you miss your turn), notification of speed camera's, etc. You can find and download lots of extra points of interest onto the unit or onto an SD card. You will need the USB cable to download the software update, which is all very straight-forward. You can enter a post-code, town, street name, or my favourite: co-ordinates. I went on Google Earth, found the place I wanted on the map (a National Trust car park), and entered the co-ordinates from the map. The Nuvi took me right there. To be honest, when I was investigating which unit to purchase, I did not look at the expensive ones, so I don't know what additional features you get for your money. But I do know, that whatever they are, it would be 'gilding the Lilly'.

Page: 1 | 2