Profile for Donald Cook > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Merrell Mountain Diggs, Men's Trainers, Dark Earth J39465, 8.5 UK
Merrell Mountain Diggs, Men's Trainers, Dark Earth J39465, 8.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking shoe, 29 Dec. 2014
Have only just got them so only worn once , I normaly take an 8 so got the extra ,half size a little on the large size ,but o.k. I have put in an extra sole, I have several pair of merrel ,trainers, walking shoes ,casuals , and they all are hard wearing , comfortable , and like the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope Book 2)
Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars slow starter ,but good finisher, 18 Oct. 2014
This is my second Vera book , and a bit like the first slow to start, Vera does'nt really get into the book until about 35% , a lot of time spent on characters in the book which I thought a bit long winded. Once Vera really begins her investigation it became a page turner , out of her own area and into yorkshire she slowly unravels all the secrets which were not unturned in the original investigation and solves the murders , and it kept me guessing until the end so for me a good read.

Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 18 Oct. 2014
Well pleased with this cleaner ,light to move around ,does the whole place on one charge, easily emptied , even got a spare of filters, washed the others which took about 3 days to dry.but not a problem.charging takes about 4 hours for full charge.We looked at several others before deciding on this one , and as far as we are concerned it does was it says on the label!

The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I have watched the tv series which I liked, but this book is a bit disapointing for ..., 13 Sept. 2014
Not impressed, a bit long winded , to much time spent on individual characters, I expected it to be more police work , her sargeant has only been mentioned a few times , I have watched the tv series which I liked , but this book is a bit disapointing for me, certainbly not the page turner I expected it to be , I may try the next in the series to see if it improves , at present I am only about 70% into the book so it may improve hopefully

Sharpe's Trafalgar: The Battle of Trafalgar, 21 October 1805 (The Sharpe Series, Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars a little pedantic, 21 April 2014
this is my fourth sharpe , i found this one a little pedantic at times , however i did enjoy the descriptions of battles between the warships , having read similar before and also seen it described on tv it all seemed very realistic , injurties must have been horrific and if that did,nt kill you the surgery would . Sharpe has become ruthless now being a murderer and an accessory to murder added to his qualifications as an officer ,but not a gentleman. I am now started reading Prey and Sharpe is down on his heels with little cash ,

Sharpe's Fortress: The Siege of Gawilghur, December 1803 (The Sharpe Series, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars getting hooked, 7 April 2014
This si my 3rd sharpe When i read the first I said it was predicatable , and was'nt really sure wether to read any more ,however I find I am getting hooked , sharpe has a charmed life, as has sgt haweswill , and I am intrigued as to wether he will reappear , or wether the serpents got him. , I enjoyed the book found it to be a real page turner , and one thing I do like is that at the end the facts of the real events are revealed . whilst reading the book I imagined that there would be thousand of casuaalities , but in fact there were 150 on the british side,which comprised mainly scottish and indian troops .Sean Bean is well cast in the tv portrayal and he is the image I have when i am reading , a real yorkshire man who tells it the way it really is. I am now reading trafalgar , sharpe is on a sailing ship on his way back to england , with his loot from the wars and methinks he may not have it for long . We shall see!

Sharpe's Tiger: The Siege of Seringapatam, 1799 (The Sharpe Series, Book 1)
Sharpe's Tiger: The Siege of Seringapatam, 1799 (The Sharpe Series, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars predicable, 1 Mar. 2014
This is the first of the sharpe series I have read , having watched a few on tv , thought ir might be ok as a series of books, which I like doing because it really gives on ongoing picture of the characters lives around the main story , I only give it three because although the history around it is interesting I find the book story line predictable ,you just know that some minor miracle is going to occur as it gets to the end , abit like the U.S, cavalry charging over the hill with flags flying and guns blazing to save everybody from the nasty red indians . . I will read another ( i'm reading in historical order) and hope it will improve .

Harry's War
Harry's War

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Harry's War (Kindle Edition)
This diary tells it the way it really was , these men must have had hearts like lions to suffer the dreadful conditions they were living in let alone the fighting , Harry certainly had a charmed life in that he was only wounded once , and even then he carried on fighting and was decorated for it . The book does not mention that after the war he stayed single , I had to look this up on the net to find out. The book decribes the front line fighting, shelling ,snipers , and it is unbderstandable how men came home shellshocked with constant bombardments. also the contrast in other fronts like in italy where it was described as a good war. I thoroughly enjoyed this book

Craghoppers Men's Corey II Microfleece - Black, Medium
Craghoppers Men's Corey II Microfleece - Black, Medium
Offered by Texville

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 21 Feb. 2014
I have already a couple of corey shirts and they are all betteeer quality than this one , I was going to return it but it was going to cost me to do that , so i decid3d to cut my losses and keep it , ,but i wont be going back for more. also they don't make it very easy to return ,makes one wonder wether they don't make it difficult so you don't

Montalbano's First Case (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries)
Montalbano's First Case (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 5 Feb. 2014
I've read all the series , so this was a must , enjoyed it , it helps when you know who the characteers are , and having watched the the tv series its good to be able to put names and faces togerther .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4