ARRAY(0xa526c12c)

Profile for Didz > Reviews

Content by Didz

Didz

Garmin nuvi 2445LMT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps, Lifetime Map Updates and Traffic Alerts
Price: 135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuvi 2445LMT, 25 July 2012
We already own a Nuvi 250W with Western European maps and it has worked very well for a few years. Because of this we bought the Nuvi 2445LMT as we need European maps and the offer of lifetime updates was compelling.
The satellites are acquired almost immediately when switched on, a great improvement on the 250W which can take a few minutes.
The menus are easily followed.
The 3-D mapping is good but other options are available if preferred.
I like the announcement of street names when told to turn.
The route planner is great and all the local amenities are accurately displayed.
I wish there was more information on paper about how the traffic facility works.
Also, I wish that all SatNavs were programmed to avoid narrow country lanes. They should not be available, even under shortest route. I haven't used passing places for years, and my wife found reversing down a lane to a passing place quite a challenge.
Tha traffic facilitiy is good and works well, but we had to discover how when we were automatically diverted because of an incident.
On the whole I'd say that this is a very good SatNav. Recommended.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 6:34 PM BST