Profile for Halesy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ADORN 28812 2-inch/ 50mm Master Craftsman Angle Sash Paint Brush
ADORN 28812 2-inch/ 50mm Master Craftsman Angle Sash Paint Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I survive using cheap brushes?, 24 Sept. 2015
I never appreciated how important a good paint brush was until I bought this. Can't fault it and it actually does make my decorating better.

How To Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon
by Cressida Cowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure story, 24 Sept. 2015
My 7 year old daughter loves the book as well as the TV series, will be buying the next book in the series.

Inov8 Race Ultra Mid Twin Pack Running Socks - SS16, Black, 10-12
Inov8 Race Ultra Mid Twin Pack Running Socks - SS16, Black, 10-12
Offered by Millets Sport

4.0 out of 5 stars Good running socks, with a minor quality concern, good service, 24 Sept. 2015
I like the socks, and would have given them 5 out of 5 apart from a bit of quality issue. After only a few uses one of the socks developed a whole. The seller however, Northern Runner, quickly provided a replacement pair. It's difficult to call them comfy as they're not cushioned (and not meant to be), but they work well as running socks and they resist water - important in Scotland! No more issues yet.

However, they've not made me go faster ;-)

BRAND NEW AC ADAPTER 19V 3.42A 65W FOR ACER Aspire V3-571G MAINS CHARGER POWER SUPPLY UNIT PSU - SOLD BY LAPTOP-ADAPTER
Offered by Laptop Adapters

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Sept. 2015
Does what its' meant to

CHOETECH LG G4 Flip Case Quick Circle QI Wireless Charging Receiver Cover - Golden
Offered by CHOETECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value product, wireless charging really useful, 24 Sept. 2015
Happy with the case and fits well on the phone. Minor concern about how long it'll last but at that price I'm only being picky. Wireless charging really convenient and works well, considering it for my S5/

Pack of 30 Plastic Toy Soldiers - Great Value Stocking Filler
Pack of 30 Plastic Toy Soldiers - Great Value Stocking Filler
Offered by the-home-fusion-company

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - not recommended, 31 Aug. 2014
Poor quality, not worth buying, it only took a few days for my 2 year old son to wreak these.

Kangol Hats Quilted Hudson Water Resistant Flat Cap - Brown Brown Large/X-Large
Kangol Hats Quilted Hudson Water Resistant Flat Cap - Brown Brown Large/X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and keeps the rain out, 31 Aug. 2014
Very happy with my purchase as it fits well and keeps the rain off. I wasn't sure how it would cope with Scottish weather but it hasn't blown away yet and has coped with the rain. Until some superstar starts wearing flat caps I don't expect they'll be seen as the most trendy of fashion items, but that doesn't bother me and I like mine.

Dunlop Purofort+ D760943 Wellington / Mens Boots (44 EUR) (Green)
Dunlop Purofort+ D760943 Wellington / Mens Boots (44 EUR) (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than I expected, 31 Aug. 2014
I bought these because they had good reviews but I wasn't much from a pair of wellies! It's years since I last had a pair and technology has obviously come a long way as these fit great, they're comfy and seem very durable. I wouldn't have a second thought about going on a decent walk wearing these, not what I expected to say before I bought them.

I may not be the target market i.e. I'm not a farmer and not involved in any such trade, and I only wear in the garden and out for walks, but I would definitely recommend them.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, good battery, 31 Aug. 2014
I got the original Kindle when it first landed in the UK and thought I deserved the new version, especially when Amazon were offering the discount on it. I was slightly put off by people's comments about battery life however, but I can now state I've not seen any such issues.

My new Paperwhite arrived about six weeks ago and I fully charged it at that time, and tonight have decided it needed its' next charge. While I don't read extensively, I do read a few pages most days and based on my experience so far I'm very happy with the battery life. I'm sure part of the reason the battery has lasted so long is because I've kept network connectivity off apart from when I've downloaded books, and only used the light when needed.

I've not given it a 5 rating because while it's good, there's nothing exceptional about it. I can't think of a better ereader but to get a 5 it would have to do something special. This is not a criticism though, it does what it's meant to do really well.

Anker Synthetic Leather Case Cover for Kindle Paperwhite with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for New 2014 2013 2012 Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 3G / Wi-Fi + 3G - Simple & Lightweight - Brown [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by PELI Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Definitely Recommended, 31 Aug. 2014
I'm very happy with this case.

I was looking for a case that didn't add too much bulk to my Kindle Paperwhite, otherwise what's the point in buying a slim Paperwhite? This fits the bill for me perfectly. It seems well made and holds my Paperwhite securely, wold definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5