Profile for Mrs. Bruce > Reviews

WWE - OMG! - The Top 50 Incidents In WWE History [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Undertaker
Offered by Speedy Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Best WWE DVD to know about it's History, 27 Aug. 2014
I really love watching this WWE OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History, because it tells you so many incidents that has happened and you get for some of the incidents that made the list full matches which i like watching. If your new to WWE and want's to know about the history of the company buy this. 5 Stars

WWE Battle Pack Series 27 Tons Of Funk - Brodus Clay & Sweet T Wrestling Action Figures
Offered by Bolts Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Tons of Funk, 27 Aug. 2014
I got this WWE Battle Pack because one of the wrestler's Broudas Clay left the company and i thought it would be good to get him before it would become rare to try and buy him. I got to say this is a really cool battle pack, it comes with two hats and the detail on the figure's are just amazing. I would definitely recommend this. 5 Stars

WWE Mattel Elite Series 8 Undertaker Wrestling Action Figure
WWE Mattel Elite Series 8 Undertaker Wrestling Action Figure
Offered by Sophie110792

5.0 out of 5 stars My first and favourite WWE Elite, 27 Aug. 2014
This is my first WWE Elite and this is just brilliant. The Undertaker Ministry of Darkness jacket is really good and it is easy to take off and put it back on again. My favourite thing about the figure is the detail of the face and the tattos. Lucky for me i got it for £8 in my local shop but i would definitely recommend this figure. 5 stars

Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Offered by Zafash Pharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless Purchase, 17 May 2014
As a teenager who has faced a battle against getting rid of hairy legs for several years, I was attracted to this epilator by Braun, having been searching for a trustworthy product which would finally put my hair-tastic problem to rest. A cheaper epilator which I'd been using for a year or so just about managed to do the job, but I was getting frustrated with the lack of tweezers which took me longer to complete my most dreaded routine of all - shaving my legs! Yet, after being wowed by the amount of positive reviews as featured on Amazon, I knew that I had to buy this epilator, otherwise my hairy nightmare would continue to go on!

When I began to start using the Silk-Epil in February 2013, I wouldn't have given a second thought to giving this review a perfect 5 stars because it was indeed a dream to use at the very beginning; using an epilator with a light was somewhat of a revolution, along with being able to shave my legs under forty minutes or so. Although the epilator came with several heads which would enable me to shave the bikini area, underarms and any other oh-so-painful areas, I solely used it for my legs because it was a problem which was in need of being addressed - otherwise, how would I ever bear to show off my legs again?

At first, I managed to get rid of the majority of hairs on my legs which, after being left in the dark (no kidding!) with a basic epilator in the past, with which I had no problem. After all, I expected that, within time, I would get more comfortable with the device and the hairs would become easier to shave - or, as I'd hoped, would cease to grow back for long periods of time. The latter did occur, but for other reasons altogether: quite a few of hairs had become ingrown.

Needless to say, it was my very worst nightmare when I glanced down at my legs and were greeted with red patches of skin, extra long hairs growing underneath my skin. To make matters worse, not only were the hairs super dark (I'm a dark brunette), it was borderline impossible to ignore the redness which surrounded my pale-as-Casper skin. Good value for money? I don't think so.

Despite my many issues with the device, I carried on using it - and currently continue to do so, due to not being in possession of any other hair removal products - in the vain, yet unrealistic hope that my problems would eventually go away, but this review is solid proof of the fact that I'm still not happy with the epilator, isn't it? But my biggest gripes of all are relating to the worsening battery life which, even after being charged for an hour (as recommended in the booklet), only lasts me enough time to quickly shave the bottom half of one of my legs. Therefore, I'm literally left with no option than to wait for the epilator to finish charging before resuming my weekly shaving routine; and I wasn't exactly born with a patient nature! Cue many frustrated sighs and desires to destroy the useless device...

As the summer is only around the corner, I'm seriously considering a switch from epilators to razor blades which, despite carrying the risk of hairs growing back quicker and thicker, would save plenty of time in the long run. Perhaps epilators aren't necessarily the best method of removing my hairs, but there is one thing guaranteed: this epilator is rubbish. If only I had never made the most regrettable purchase of my life, but one cannot dwell on the past though my legs are still in a terrible state.

According to articles I've read, Philips produce good epilators which, in comparison to the Braun range, may be a better option. Yet this epilator - which, rather ironically, I received as a birthday gift - has confirmed my deepest fears: my days of epilating are long over. It's just a shame that I didn't realize this sooner - before I even thought about forking out over £70 for this product.

By Chloe (aged 15)

Nut Cracker / Bottle Opener * Cast Metal
Nut Cracker / Bottle Opener * Cast Metal

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Most Nuts, 17 Jan. 2014
As I picked up a bag of shelled nuts of various varieties around Christmas, a nut-cracker wouldn't all but guarantee a scream-provoking pinch on my finger was in desperate need - and this one, without being said, fit the bill nicely!
At first, it was quite difficult to position the nuts into the cracker (I used almonds, pecans and walnuts, which somehow managed to fit despite its large size) because I had never used one before, but I quickly got the hang of it and successfully cracked another shells for the whole of England!
The reason for which I excluded an extra star was due to my problems with cracking hazelnuts, which, in comparison to pecans and even small-ish almonds, was rather disappointing as I was faced with no other option than to throw the nuts away because nothing would break the shells! Still, all of my favourite nuts were cracked without any problems and I'm fairly satisfied with this nutcracker, which hasn't pinched my lobster-red fingers (yet)!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting, yet Difficult for Beginners!, 17 Jan. 2014
Since I first began to use a pencil eyeliner several years ago which, despite having an unfortunate tendency to lose its impact within a few hours, mostly satisfied me, it barely crossed my mind to give liquid eyeliner - famed for its difficulties of applying onto half-smudged eyelids - a try until I purchased this Rimmel product on a cosmetics-fuelled whim a couple of weeks ago.

As a cosmetics-loving teenager (I'm using my mum's account, in case you deem it rather odd for my having a title of a missus), Rimmel's pocket-friendly range just about hits the spot when it comes to moisturizing lipsticks and eye-popping colour, so I couldn't see why the liquid eyeliner - which, I must add, is the very first one that I have ever used - couldn't live up to the success of the fellow products I've bought from the range. And, as you can clearly tell from the 4 star rating I've chosen, this liquid eyeliner is rather good; in fact, I've used it almost every day since I brought it home!

On the basis that I wasn't particularly clued up about liquid eyeliners and had yet to see one, let alone using it, it hadn't dawned upon me that I could've picked up an eyeliner in the form of a felt-tip pen, which, in hindsight, probably would have been more convenient because I have continuously struggled to produce a straight line, therefore making myself resemble a groggy panda the morning after a late and not-so-fun night.

Sure, applying liquid eyeliner like you've been doing it all of your life is perfectly fine, but even to this day I still make embarrassing mistakes when it comes to getting a line as a supermodel's waist on my eyelids; poking the stick in my blackened eye barely helps matters after all!

Yet I probably would've thrown the eyeliner into the bin by now if I didn't appreciate the long-lasting effects and seemingly effortless beauty (try saying that to the one who got up ten minutes early to put it on correctly!), which truly brings home how great this product is. Practice, as I constantly remind myself, makes perfect and although it may be worlds away at the moment, I will eventually reach a stage where I can proudly declare myself as a gloriously made-up pro, whose remarkably highlighted blue eyes are capable of captivating one from outer space!

Try it for yourself, I suggest, and don't give up when you cry in frustration at the mess which previously was your face - it's a slow-burner perhaps, but one which is worth getting!

Soccerstarz Limited Edition Chelsea Champions League Celebration Pack 2012 (23 Figures)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Celebration Pack, 11 Nov. 2013
I got this as I'm a huge Chelsea fan. The packaging is nice, you also get cards of the players and having all 23 figures for the Champions League final is brilliant. It is worth the money and I would definitely recommend this product.

WWE Series 24 CM Punk Action Figure
WWE Series 24 CM Punk Action Figure
Offered by Brian Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Best figure in the World, 27 Mar. 2013
This is a figure you need in your collection because CM Punk is one of the best villains in WWE history. Really good figure, I love how the figure has been made and definitely worth the money. 5 out of 5!

WWE Global Superstars Figure Mexico Rey Mysterio
WWE Global Superstars Figure Mexico Rey Mysterio
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Figure, 3 Feb. 2013
I really like watching Rey Mysterio on TV, so I decided to get this one for Christmas. It's really good, like how they've made him and i would get another one of him in different color. 5 out of 5

WWE Defining Moments John Cena Figure
WWE Defining Moments John Cena Figure
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars WWE Best Defining Moment, 3 Feb. 2013
I got this a couple of days ago and I love it. It comes with loads of stuff and two championships belts, the WWE and USA belt. The United States belt does come off a bit but it's still good. The back of the packaging tells you how John Cena became the WWE champion and I really like that. I would definitely recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3