Profile for Marcin Kulik > Reviews

Content by Marcin Kulik

Marcin Kulik

SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£1250-1500 Items)
SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£1250-1500 Items)
Offered by SquareTradeLtd

1.0 out of 5 stars Unprofessional repairs by the depot, managers lacking basic level of human understanding, terrible waste of time, 5 Aug. 2013
I would give zero star if I could.

My macbook pro stopped working, I called Square Trade and arranged my laptop to be taken for the next day.

My laptop was held for over 5 weeks during which I kept calling Square Trade and asking when they planing to send my laptop back.
Somewhere near the forth week I got a full refund on warranty as an apology for keeping my laptop for so long. All the warranty policy, however stayed in place.

I was happy with this solution until I received my laptop back. I did't work. Front cover was not mine, full of scratches and with few dents. On the receipt It was stated that only the hard drive was changed.

I contacted the SquareTrade and was advised to call Apple Support and take my laptop to iStore if needed, and that SquareTrade would cover any repairs. I took laptop to the local iStore after my call to Apple Support. They opened it and asked if laptop was refurbished showing me that some cables were in places where they should not be. They told me that it was repaired in a really unprofessional way.They tried changing RAM, it didn't help but after few hour computer started working by itself.

I took it home just to notice that my backlit keyboard didn't work, I had also problems with the key 's', and the trackpad was making very funny sounds at times, felt very uncomfortable, and on few occasions it was clicking just upon gentle touch without actual click.

I contacted SquareTrade many times, I told them that some parts of my laptop are not mine, that front cover and keyboard are not mine and that laptop is worse than it was before sending it to their depot. I asked for money back as they failed to provide the service. I kept calling them everyday for few days until finally manager called me. He totally ignored all my arguments. He said I should send a laptop for a rework but I asked how can I send it back if I have no trust in their depot. I asked for my money back but was told I cannot claim refund on laptop as I was already given a refund on the warranty.

I contacted Amazon, and they contacted SquareTrade. After that I received an email from SquareTrade in which they openely lied to me that they had never heard from me since the day when they advised me to call Apple and go to the iStore.

I wrote many more emails complaining about the matter unsuccessfully. Finally I decided to give another chance and I sent my laptop for a rework. I was told that they would aim to repair it within 5 working days as this is their policy. Guess what?
After two weeks of having my laptop taken to the depot, and after some of my further calls, they decided to pay me a full refund on my laptop.

It was an incredible waste of time and a really stressful experience. I spend about 8 weeks without a laptop and few more weeks with a faulty one, plus hours of writing of elaborate emails for which none one will pay me for ...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2014 12:11 AM BST