Profile for sue gail > Reviews

Content by sue gail

sue gail "suze" (oxon uk)

Burt's Bees Watermelon Shimmer Lip Balm
Burt's Bees Watermelon Shimmer Lip Balm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all watermelon like in colour, 26 Aug 2014
Misleading colour name as the tint turns my lips an unflattering garish cool pink, definitely one to try on in a shop before ordering online. Mine has gone straight in the bin.

Lumie Zip LED Portable SAD Lightbox
Lumie Zip LED Portable SAD Lightbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great box and seller, 16 Nov 2013
Takebox were fabulous - the lamp appeared next day as promised and already I am feeling the benefits of using it (this is day 4). I did have a big SAD lamp but I found it impractical but the Lumie Zip is portable, adjustable, counts the time down and you only have to use it for 30 minutes - would highly recommend and Takebox do it at an amazing price with great service so win win.

The Longest Holiday
The Longest Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away by this, 15 May 2013
It started slowly but gradually I got into this story and wow what a story - this really is the love story to end all others! The emotions and the characters are written so well and the only thing I didn't like was getting to the end, It is 1.15 in the morning here because I couldn't stop reading until the end. I can't recommend this book highly enough

The Secret of Happy Ever After
The Secret of Happy Ever After
by Lucy Dillon

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 30 Dec 2011
Another fabulous book from Lucy Dillon - on a deeper level than chic lit but at the same time so easy to read. I have read 3 books over Christmas (the others not by Dillon) and this is easily the best. The friendship aspect between Michelle and Anna is explored beautifully, both the ups and the downs. Also the difficulties of being part of an extended family are looked at in a probing but sensitive manner. I loved the bookshop, if it existed in real life I am sure I would never want to leave in the same way I was sad to finish reading this book. A book about fiction, friendship, families, setting up small businesses, love and communities - this has it all.

Calling Romeo
Calling Romeo
by Alexandra Potter

1.0 out of 5 stars Old book REHASHED, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Calling Romeo (Paperback)
I keep falling for this as must others - this was actually written in 2002! Why can't publishers be honest and upfront about releasing old books as new ones! I wondered why the plot was so familiar, sadly was left fairly unbothered by the plot first time around hence not realising sooner. Just make sure you haven't read it and are happy to receive a story that probably didn't do much first time around.

Beautifully Soft Nativity Set for Children / Nativity Scene
Beautifully Soft Nativity Set for Children / Nativity Scene
Offered by Born Gifted Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Figures like skittles if not wobblier, 1 Dec 2011
Returned as for this price I would have hoped the figures might stand up on their own. Also baby Jesus cannot be removed from the crib. Still it looked lovely, especially the 3 kings with their presents

Sylvanian Families Pleasure Boat Playset (Figures Not Included)
Sylvanian Families Pleasure Boat Playset (Figures Not Included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good buy, 4 Oct 2011
My daughter is so happy to have this boat. I hadn't realised it could completely open up so this is complete bonus. The rails sometimes come detached but go back on easily. Am very tempted to buy a rowing boat to go with it next.

An Autumn Crush
An Autumn Crush
by Milly Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but...., 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: An Autumn Crush (Paperback)
Loved all the other books but found this predictable and the writing around strong/difficult emtions very cliched. Personally i couldnt identify with any of the characters, they seemed almost teenage. Wish I had waited for reviews before purchasing. Will still look out for next book as it would have been a hard job to better the last two but this is quite a drop but guess Autumn is not the easiest of seasons metaphorically to write about. Maybe get it from the library rather than buy it. .

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
by Jenny Colgan

2.0 out of 5 stars probably one to miss, 27 May 2010
I loved Jenny's last book Diamond's are a girl's best friend so eagerly looked forward to this. I wish I had taken more notice of Leah's review and saved myself from buying it. The synopsis on the back must have been written by someone who hadn't read the book as Posy's engagement is broken as a result of her going to see ex boyfriends and lying about this to her long suffering fiance.

It's tricky as Jenny must have spent a while writing this book and I feel bad but the only bit I liked was the brief visit to a Scottish Island and that barely took a chapter. Maybe if there had been something to like about the main character, Posy, it would have been easier to read?

A Summer Fling
A Summer Fling
by Milly Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend it hugely, 27 May 2010
This review is from: A Summer Fling (Paperback)
Another great book from Milly and once again I couldn't put it down definitely one to read!