Profile for Sam R > Reviews

Content by Sam R

Sam R

Accessotech 3 x Waterproof Dry Bags For Camera Mobile Phone Pouch Backpack Kayak Military Sailing Holiday
Offered by SellerVision

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason, 22 Jan. 2015
Initially these seemed great however I ended up really, really annoyed (understatement of the century) with them. I had my iPhone in one when I was on the beach to keep it by my side and protected from the sea. Yes - I made sure it was sealed properly as I wouldn't want to be without my phone would I? I was sat on some rocks with the waves coming in splashing me, so not even submerged, when I noticed it had let in water. As a result my phone was completely fried and I was left for the last 3 weeks of my trip without it until I returned home and got a replacement. These "waterproof" bags essentially left me out of pocket for the cost of the bags plus £50 excess on my phone insurance. They are cheap for a reason.

La Salamandra Dulce de Leche in Tin 1 Kg
La Salamandra Dulce de Leche in Tin 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven in a tin..., 22 Jan. 2015
After reading about the Uruguayan football team getting their dulce de leche stash confiscated on the way to the world cup it reminded me of just how much I was addicted to this stuff when I was in South America. I'm not ashamed to say how excited I was when it arrived. This brand of dulce de leche is heaven in a tin. It's amazing on toast, icecream, croissants, pancakes, crumpets... basically on everything - particularly on a spoon straight from the container.

Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Black, 15 Litres
Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Black, 15 Litres
Offered by MyoutdoorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a day bag when backpacking!, 22 Jan. 2015
This packable rucksuck by far exceeded my expectations. I used it for two months pretty much every other day when I was backpacking as a separate rucksack to primarily keep my valuables and bits I wanted on bus journeys safe. Trust me when I say I packed a lot of stuff into it including my 17 inch laptop. I was easily carrying 6 or more kilos to the point it was so full it looked like it might burst - but it didn't! At first I was wary about carrying my heavy laptop in it as I was convinced the bag would break and leave my pretty laptop smashed on the floor, but it didn't. It would have had a very different review otherwise! The bag also packed into a really small pouch so it easily fit in my main bag when I wasn't using it and took up hardly any room. It's a bargain given the quality and well worth getting if you want it for similar reasons.

Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD]
Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various Artist
Offered by Media Vortex

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun - but think twice if you have two left feet!, 30 Dec. 2009
Good fun and great workout music, but if you are like me and have rubbish co-ordination maybe think twice before buying! The dance routines are fab but i think its going to take me a good few weeks before i pick them up fully. That said, i dont mind the fact that i keep rewinding back to try and grasp the moves as it is definitely making me smile and getting the heart rate up. One of the better exercise DVD's i own that's for sure!