Profile for Darthgeebot > Reviews

Content by Darthgeebot

Darthgeebot

Page: 1 | 2
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 July 2014
Loved this book. It was such a good read. Loved
the new take on the Robin Hood story. It was so good you just have to keep reading it to find out what happens next. It is quite violent and has quite graphic language in parts but this just adds to the atmosphere and feel of the story. Will be starting to read the second book straight away.

Toshiba 40L1333 40" Full HD 1080P LED TV with Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok picture, terrible sound. Stay clear of this TV., 5 Dec 2013
I bought this tele from Tesco after viewing it in store. Little did I know the mistake I had made in my purchase. I had it 2 days before I had had enough of the very poor sound.
No matter what setting I had it on I would get a very annoying and very audible vibrating sound from the speakers. So I have now returned this product for a full refund.

The Da Vinci Code: (Robert Langdon Book 2)
The Da Vinci Code: (Robert Langdon Book 2)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 20 Oct 2013
I read this straight after reading Angels and Demons. I thought that that book would take a lot of beating and this one did. It follows the same formula as A&D and again is set over the space of 24 hours. I have to say it is definitely on par with the previous book if not better.
The pace picks up quite early on in the book and doesn't let up till the very end.
All in all a very good read.

Lightning Bolt
Lightning Bolt
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing album, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lightning Bolt (MP3 Download)
I love this album. I am listening to it as I write this review. I downloaded the MP3 version of this for 4.99 a bargain for such a great album.
My favorite tracks so far are Sirens and the very mellow Future Days. This latest offering from Pearl Jam has the classic feel of old school Pearl Jam but also brings something new to the table too.
Would definitely recommend that you buy this album its great.

Angels And Demons: (Robert Langdon Book 1)
Angels And Demons: (Robert Langdon Book 1)
Price: 4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Best book I have read in a long time., 16 Aug 2013
Absolutely loved this book right from the start. The whole story takes place over a 24 hour period and has plenty of twists along the way.
Characters are very well developed and draw you into a great story.
This is the first Dan Brown book I have read and I bought both this and Da Vinci Code as a special offer. Yes the story is a little far fetched while still keeping some of the facts believable but isn't this why you read some fiction as a way of escaping the mundane tasks of everyday life.
Much better than the film and quite alot of difference too.
This is a real must read.

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Connected247
Price: 232.97

5.0 out of 5 stars do not be fooled by this phones size, 3 Aug 2013
I upgraded from a Samsung S2 to this. Do not be fooled into thinking just because this phone is called a mini it is inferior to its bigger brother the S4. Yes there are a few features missing but it more than makes up for it for the features that are included.
Like the S4 it has smart screen features and also has S Translator which can come in handy.
The screen is very sharp and the clarity when viewing photos is superb. When you use the Facebook app again it is crystal clear.
You can even personalize this phone to suit your every need such as font size, font style, screen lay out. You can even mute the phone just by covering it with your hand which is a great feature.
For a phone that is supposed to be a mini it certainly lives up to much more than that. I am very pleased with this phone so far and have only had it two days.
If there is one criticism then it must be when you use your phone for web browsing then you do have to zoom in to read text, but I had to do this on my S2 as well.
I am a male and I have average size hands but the size of the phone does not pose a problem to me either
I fully recommend this phone for anyone who can not afford the full S4, you will not be disappointed. I have it in white and it makes a change from having a phone in black and looks quite sharp and sleek in the white too.
I hope my review helps you in choosing the right phone. Thanks for reading.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 1:52 PM BST

Hide And Seek
Hide And Seek
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 11 July 2013
This review is from: Hide And Seek (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant book by Ian Rankin. I will definitely be reading more of his work.
Was not disappointed by the story at all.
We want more Rebus.

Knots And Crosses
Knots And Crosses
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty and gripping., 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Knots And Crosses (Kindle Edition)
It took me just over a week to read this book. Its the first in the Rebus series and what a great start.
You are thrown straight in to a real great story showing the more sinister side of Edinburgh.
In this first book you get to find out a bit of why Rebus is like he is and the difficult relationships he has both personal and professional.
I will definitely be reading more Ian Rankin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 May 2013
I had this for about 5 months and had to return for a refund it as it kept freezing. It would be a good tablet if you could use the Google apps store but instead you are stuck with Amazons very limited apps store instead.
Yes it backs up your books if you already have a kindle but its not so good as an e reader in its self. Its good for browsing the web once you have downloaded ES file explorer, Dolphin Browser and flash. Its not to say that Amazon are bad I just expected a better product from them.

Gallows View (An Inspector Banks Mystery)
Gallows View (An Inspector Banks Mystery)
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 26 May 2013
Loved this book. Couldn't put it down. Characters are very believable and give good weight and depth to the story.
This is the first of Peter Robinson`s books I have read will definitely be going back for more.

Page: 1 | 2