Profile for Penelope Pitstop > Reviews

Content by Penelope Pitstop

Penelope Pitstop (Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Day Before You Came
The Day Before You Came
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Day Before You Came, 28 Mar 2014
Great track. Initially had problems with download when it didn't appear anywhere in any folder. Contacted Amazon, problem dealt with very quickly and it was re-sent to my computer where it appear where it should have done.

Thorntons Classics Dark 590 g
Thorntons Classics Dark 590 g
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorntons Chocolates, 13 Feb 2014
Bought these as a gift. Arived safely and on time. Recipients haven't advised me of any problems so assuming all is good!

4-in-1 Electric Facial & Body Cleansing Spa Brush
4-in-1 Electric Facial & Body Cleansing Spa Brush
Offered by P&A
Price: 25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this!, 3 Jun 2013
After much searching I found this spa brush as at a reasonable price unlike some others. All I wanted was a brush that would give a good cleanse and this does the job. I have noticed a difference in my skin.
The bristles are a little prickly, could be softer and you need care, don't press too hard.
But overall, very pleased. Hope it lasts as long as my first one ( a different make no longer made)

Some Days Are Diamonds, Some Are Murder! (The Carly McCloskey Mysteries Book 1)
Some Days Are Diamonds, Some Are Murder! (The Carly McCloskey Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to know ......., 21 April 2012
....what happened so I guess this means it must be a reasonably good read. The description of the relationship between the main two characters was a bit 'manufactured', the build up wasn't explained properly so I felt it was difficult to believe in. But basically not too bad and I kept reading til the end!

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones and mp3 players (30cm)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars MP3 car input cable - not disappointed!, 1 Aug 2011
After reading all the previous feedback about this item and seller, I decided to purchase. I was not disappointed. The cable arrived quickly and works perfectly. It appears to be well made and I'm hoping it will do the job for a long time. I did take note of other cheaper cables and decided that I would rather pay more for a cable (but it's still a good price) that doesn't break after a short while. It is very short (which is what I wanted due to the layout in my car)so would suggest checking what length you need before purchasing.

Rexel Prostyle Cross Cut 11-Sheet Paper / Credit Card Shredder with Large 20L Pullout Bin and View Window
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 16 April 2011
This shredder does shred well and the removable drawer on the side is far less messy than the traditional removal systems. However, we purchased this particular model as we wanted something more suited to office type conditions but it heats up after only a few minutes shredding so you have to stop and is much slower to shred that the cheaper one I have at home for half the price.

Philips HD4671/20 Brushed Metal Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Philips HD4671/20 Brushed Metal Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Price: 38.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Phlips Kettle HD4671/20, 6 Mar 2011
I bought this kettle because it was on offer, was a recognised make and I wanted a brushed stainless steel finish. It is fairly quiet to operate and and has a nice turntable stand. It boils quickly. I didn't find much use for the measuring device on the side of the kettle.Said measuring device,the 'window' across the lid and the lever to operate are all in a pale blue plastic which for me, spoils the look of the kettle.

It is quite heavy, I don't remember my previous one being this heavy and is chunky in appearance, probably emphasised by its straight shape. The lever to set it to boil is a little inconveniently situated directly under the handle. The button to open the lid for filling works fine. The brushed finish is easy to keep looking clean.

There's really nothing wrong with it except my personal preference for something a little less chunky without the blue plastic.

System 3 Acrylic Pad (Gummed) DALER-ROWNEY - A2
System 3 Acrylic Pad (Gummed) DALER-ROWNEY - A2
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies
Price: 20.68

5.0 out of 5 stars System 3 Acrylic Pad A2, 15 Sep 2010
I ordered this pad because I had previously used other sizes of System 3 paper. It was as expected, fit for purpose. I have used it to paint onto directly with acrylic paints and also to use as a base for paper/card collage work with no problems.

Wooden Folding Fold Up Portable Breakfast In Bed Tray
Wooden Folding Fold Up Portable Breakfast In Bed Tray
Offered by Roukenglen UK
Price: 8.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Portable Bed Tray, 12 July 2010
We bought this as a laptop table. It is sturdy, big enough for the purpose, not too heavy. Came ready assembled so just unfold and use!

Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0l
Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0l
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos stainless steel flask, 12 July 2010
This flask is exactly what we wanted with the Thermos name to back it up. It's used to take fishing so needed to be robust and keep drinks hot for the whole day. It does this,and looks good. Traditional screw top with drinking cup for over the top, not one of those annoying press down tops which sometimes leak and are also difficult to clean.

Page: 1 | 2