Profile for Alicat10 > Reviews

Never Look Away
by Linwood Barclay
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Never Look Away (Paperback)
Ive only just stumbled across Linwood Barclay, Where have I been!!!, books are amazing, addictive and a perfect way to spend a couple of hours, David is happily married to Jan with a lovely son and close family, a trip to a theme park, sends Davids world into a rollercoaster of shock, changes, surprises and many a shock. The book contains many red herrings and keeps you guessing till the end, COuld not recommened highly enough x

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.., 30 Jun 2014
After being dumped this weekend, needed a good book to settle into and this did not disappoint, could not put it down at all,. Carla, Molly, Mr Singh all meet in the Teashop and gradually become friends, all from different backgrounds and all with there own demons to fight and skeletons. The story develops quickly and you like the characters instantly but Harvey - although you should dislike him,. turns out to be a genuine man but like many of us he has flaws.
This book is beautifully written, the same as all Milly Johnsons Books, and thats what makes them a joy to ready, Everyday characters and everyday stories, all tied up with bow and delivered at the perfect pace and an absolute pleasure to read.

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable......, 10 May 2013
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Paperback)
First I have to say I love all the books from Sophie Kinsella and I really enjoyed this one except for one point - (and I could be being a bit pedantic here) - Poppy picks up a phone from a bin, and NEVER charges the phone - No mention of whether the charger came with it - If she had to buy a charger (why didnt she just buy a new phone!!) Anyway beside that - I really enjoyed the book and can and am still a devoted fan.

Good Husband Material
Good Husband Material
by Trisha Ashley
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Addictive, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Good Husband Material (Paperback)
Loved this book, to the point it took me 2 days to read! was totally gripped and made me reread some of her older books, It took me a while to like Tish, but that was part of the enjoyment seeing her 'get a backbone' and seeing her husband for what he actually was - while she fell in love with the cottage and out of love with her husband. Loved Fergal being dark and moody, but really liked him!

A Winter Flame
A Winter Flame
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful as ever!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: A Winter Flame (Paperback)
I have read Milly Johnsons book for a while now and she never fails to deliver on story and likeable characters, set around a winter fair and giving you excellent insights to the character ( and a very sad bit!) highly recommended

Windermere Witness, The (Lake District Mysteries)
Windermere Witness, The (Lake District Mysteries)
by Rebecca Tope
Price: 16.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 May 2013
I have always been a fan of Rebecca Tope, since reading the Cotswolds series, but being a fan of the Lake District, i was looking forward to this - and it didnt disappoint. Rebecca has a way of writing which makes to want to be in the are and be part of the story and also part of the mystery.

Rush of Blood
Rush of Blood
by Mark Billingham
Price: 7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Rush of Blood (Paperback)
This is the first book of Mark Billinghams which I have read, and other reviews say that this is different from his others, its certainly made we want to read them.

Rush of Blood starts with a young girl going missing in Florida and 3 couples who have never met before the incident are drawn together and over a series of dinner parties it bring a very chilling thriller which I thought was excellent, having decided a few times who I though the 'abductor' was, it changes with each chapter!

If you like a good thriller and can avoid reading the last page - its brilliant and will keep you guessing!!

An Autumn Crush
An Autumn Crush
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: An Autumn Crush (Paperback)
Another fantastic book from Milly johnson, Loved the characters and seeing how they developed, Okay its not a surprise how it ended, but is the prefect book for relaxing and chilling out! I always feel gutted to finish Milly johnsons books!!!

Bloody Valentine (Quick Reads 2011)
Bloody Valentine (Quick Reads 2011)
by James Patterson
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Read!, 11 April 2011
I have read a few of James Patterson - some I like some I dont, this one was a touch predictable, but I suppose quick reads are meant to be that - Its okay

A Minor Indiscretion
A Minor Indiscretion
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars **good**, 8 Feb 2011
This review is from: A Minor Indiscretion (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, I have read a few carole matthews and am beginning to like her style of writing, the only critisism I found, was that I would have liked Alex to fight more for her kids, than just walking out of the house and leaving them - But funny in places and a good read

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4