Profile for Ricardo Rebelo > Reviews

Content by Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo (Gondomar Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Can Make You Happy
I Can Make You Happy
by Paul McKenna
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book... The CD... Well..., 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: I Can Make You Happy (Paperback)
I bought several Paul Mckenna books and I enjoyed them very much. If you follow the exercises, most will work. The CDs are also very good. He has a deep voice, hipnotic tempo and gets it just right.

This CD is not like that. From the start I got the impression that when the recording was made Paul was in a rush to get to somewhere and just wanted to get the recording over with. The voice is not so deep, he talks fast. The tempo is all wrong. I had a hard time catching up and certainly didn't go into transe (which I do in every other CD he has recorded)...

I just wish he would release an MP3 to correct this mistake because a great book like this deserves a much better CD.

Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !
Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now !
by Paul McKenna
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A new twist on the same NLP techniques..., 13 Sep 2009
I am a loyal reader of Paul's works. In fact it was him that inpired me to stude NLP and become a Master Practitioner.

This book is great and is loaded not only with simple yet powerfull NLP excercises but some rather insightfull views on stress.

My only problem with this is that you can find most of the techniques in Paul's other books, specially Change Your Life in Seven Days (Book & CD) and Instant Confidence (Book and CD).

Other than tht, and specially if you have not yet read the above, this is a great book with instant results.

On the same league and more interesting to read (at least I prefer it) is from Michael Neill (Paul's associate and NLP Master Trainer and Life Coach) Feel Happy Now.

Enjoy!

Managing Projects in Health and Social Care
Managing Projects in Health and Social Care
by Vivien Martin
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, 9 May 2009
This is a great reference book.

I am a trainer and was invited to lecture a 50 hour trainning on managing social projects. This book really helped me. It is concise and yet has ample amount of examples and detal as to not be shallow.

I recomend it.

Dispatch (Signet Novel)
Dispatch (Signet Novel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Tired of this! I want stories!, 29 Oct 2008
I am sick and tired of Bentley Little's social satires poorly masked as horror novels.

I don't want to know about home owners association, giant stores that crush small businesses, insurance companies, disgruntled postal workers... and on and on and ON. Enough already! This book is just another way of Little getting back at something that happened to him... No credible story, cardboard characters, all the elements of a very bad novel are here.

What bugs me is that Bentley Little used to be a great writer. The SUMMONING and REVELATION are two of the finest horror novels ever. I love them! Somewhere down the line he has lost it and now the stuff he writes should be in the back page of some social magazine. Not in the horror shelve.

The other thing that bugs me is that I keep buying them (although only reading the first 50 pages or so before I give up in frustration) in hopes that he has somehow gotten back on track. Those hopes are diminishing fast...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2014 3:11 PM BST

The Store
The Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired of this! I want stories!, 29 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Store (Mass Market Paperback)

The Resort
The Resort

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired of this! I want stories!, 29 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Resort (Mass Market Paperback)

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2011 1:33 PM BST

Academy
Academy
Price: 5.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired of this! I want stories!, 29 Oct 2008
This review is from: Academy (Mass Market Paperback)

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2011 9:53 PM GMT

The Association
The Association

2.0 out of 5 stars Tired of this! I want stories!, 29 Oct 2008

Saw 2 [2005] "Unrated Director's cut"
Saw 2 [2005] "Unrated Director's cut"
Dvd ~ Donnie Wahlberg
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel!, 28 Oct 2008
This is a great sequel to SAW and generated a lot more sequels (the fifth of which is opening this week).

Anyone who enjoyed SAW will enjoy this sequel. Lot's of plot twists (with the biggest coming in the end!), bloody traps always involving needles or blades... You name it. It's there.

This special edition is particularly loaded with extras and you should get yours now.

On Writing
On Writing
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom from the Master, 28 Oct 2008
This review is from: On Writing (Paperback)
It's no secret that Stephen King is the world's bestselling author. How he does that, is explained by himself in this book.

The first part of the book is a short, although insightful, autobiography. In this part King talks about his childhood, how he first became interested in horror and in writing and how his life was before he became world famous.

The larger part of the book is about writing. How to do it and how to do it well. Unlike some books on writing, King is not orthodox about this subject. There are a lot of "DO"'s and "DON'T"'s, plenty of tips and the revelation that to write good fiction all you have to do is to grab the vocabulary you have and use it on a good story. That's really all there is to it.

In the third and final part, King talks about his near-fatal accident with the vivid description that he always uses.

All in all, this is a must read for anyone writing fiction and with King's humour and personal style, it's a pleasure to read for anyone who has ever enjoyed any of his books.

The Audio version is read by King himself and is absolutely superb!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3