Profile for S. K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. K. Wilson

S. K. Wilson "DVD Wizard" (Abbey Wood, UK)

Sheffield Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
Sheffield Street Atlas (spiral) (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaffield Plan, 11 Nov. 2010
A definite godsend - as I am now doing a bit of travelling around England it was good to be able to get this to help me find my way around.

Ghost and Divining Rod
Ghost and Divining Rod
by T.C. Lethbridge

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Ghostly Work, 26 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Ghost and Divining Rod (Hardcover)
I bought this as a present for my father who is utterly thrillexd with it. I told him not to be too spooked out by it though he does insist on reading it after dark with a torch under the bedcovers.

Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy [DVD] [1982]
Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ William Shatner

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontier of the Future, 26 Jan. 2010
A truly heart warming saga that would turn most trekkie fans to tears. From Spok's death at the end of "The Wrath of Khan" to his rebirth and making his reconnection with Kirk in "The Search for Spok" and the team re-population 23rd centuary earth with humpbacked whales in "The Voyage Home." This trilogy is the must have on the itinnery of any Star Trek fan and a definitely a must see for the passing enthusiast. The graphics for their time have been remastered fantastically in this DVD set.
This is a great set of family movies for any sci-fi fan and makes for good entertainment even if you aren't a particular fan, though "The Wrath of Khan" movie may need you to have a familiarity with the plot of season 1 of Star Trek: The Original Series.

Who Am I? [DVD]
Who Am I? [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars What is this?, 26 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Who Am I? [DVD] (DVD)
Is a fantastic adventure of a soldier with a lost identity and his quest to find out who he is. An action packed DVD with all the right moves and strikes the fine line between fear, wonder and action packed fun. I think it is a great family movie though would not want to show it to anyone too young.

Top Cat: Volume 4 - Episodes 19-24 [DVD] [1962]
Top Cat: Volume 4 - Episodes 19-24 [DVD] [1962]

5.0 out of 5 stars 4th Year Feline Antics, 7 Aug. 2009
Just another brilliant series from the masters of getting themselves out of trouble. I remember every episode as if I had only just watched them the day before. A true classic that should be bought for every child. I adored them as a kid and my 5 years old step brother does too (glad to see he's follwed in my footsteps). With plenty to reminisce about it is surely worth a trip down memory lane.

Top Cat Vol.3 (Family Artwork) [DVD] [1961]
Top Cat Vol.3 (Family Artwork) [DVD] [1961]

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Cat's Top Show, 7 Aug. 2009
Another fantastic series of Top Cat. When I first discovered these on DVD I was extatic because I got to relive a childhood favourite and I got to share it with my much younger 5 years old step brother. The thing that pleased me most is that he has seen more than one series and keeps wanting to see more and more. I am able to reminisce about my more youthful days re-enacting the antics of Top Cat with my friends and even trying to do so with my much younger brother. With hours of enjoyment time and again it is definitely worth the money.

Top Cat - Volume 2 [DVD] [1961]
Top Cat - Volume 2 [DVD] [1961]
Offered by direct-2-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Cat, Top Show., 7 Aug. 2009
Definitely a must buy for the children. A true classic that I adored as a child and was pleased to find that it still held good for my 5 years old adopted brother. It was fun to reminisce on the mischievous cat and his cronies and how my friends and I would always have our own Top Cat adventure.

Matilda/Madeline [DVD] [2003]
Matilda/Madeline [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Danny DeVito

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Plain Childs Play, 2 Feb. 2009
Two excellent DVDs in one pack. I was glad to find these on DVD as there are two favourites from childhood. They are definitely a great buy for young children as I often share them with my much younger brother, who always wants to watch them at least twice in a row. Plus, if you are a big kid like me then they are a must buy too. They bought back very fond memories from my childhood and the antics I got up to at a very young age. Apart from being a good reminiscence tool they have an enjoyable storyline that captures the imagination, definitely one to savour.

The BFG [DVD] [1989]
The BFG [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Friendly DVD, 2 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The BFG [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
An excellent children's classic. I use to watch it alot on VHS as a child and was delighted to find it remastered for DVD. I bought it originally to share with my much younger adopted brother though I watch it more than he does, he doesn't even get a look in. It features the classic songs; "Whizz Pop" and "Sometimes Secretly." It is definitely a must buy for your children (or if you are just a big kid yourself, too which I identify).