Profile for Chris Parker > Reviews

Content by Chris Parker

Chris Parker (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Komodo Leopard Gecko Starter Kit
Komodo Leopard Gecko Starter Kit
Offered by The Online Reptile Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for leopard geckos!, 2 Jan. 2014
It is just too small for anything but a leopard gecko under 1 year, and by that time you will sell this and buy a proper set up. Save yourself some time and buy a 2' long vivarium with proper climate control. Sure it costs a little more, but it will be cheaper in the long run. What is also terrible is that there is little insulation, so if you don't live in a place that is always over 20°C, then your gecko will not be warm enough.

The 4-Hour Body: An uncommon guide to rapid fat-loss, incredible sex and becoming superhuman
by Timothy Ferriss

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 21 Sept. 2013
What can I say... I gained 6KG of muscle and lost 2KG of fat in 5 weeks following this book... all in around 5 hours total gym time!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort of OK, 24 July 2013
On my old glass vivarium, it worked OK, although I did come down one morning to find it had fallen down. Luckily my gecko was ok. But in my new vivarium with wooden sides, they will no stick. SO I guess this product is OK, but bare the surface of your walls in mind.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, 6 Jun. 2013
It just doesn't look half as cool as other masks on here, mainly because it is too big and doesn't fit the face properly. Basically a waste of money if you want to look cool.

Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cookery
Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cookery
by Madhur Jaffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail!, 5 May 2013
I have the original edition, and there is only one way to describe it. Every time I have cooked ANYTHING from it for my Indian friends, they have been so impressed they could not believe I made it. This is simply perfect curry. What is even better is the range of dishes is so diverse in flavour, yet you only need a relatively small and repeating selection of spices. How that works I do not know, but all the recopies are VERY easy to follow and will bowl you over. The only downside is that it ruins take away curry for ever! Cook at your peril!

Common Existence [Deluxe Edition]
Common Existence [Deluxe Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 13 April 2013
A great album, although the first two tracks really carry it, but as a piece of music as a whole it is just great to listen to. It wasn't the first Thursday album I brought, but it is my favourite!

Komodo Thermostat 100 w
Komodo Thermostat 100 w

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Komodo Thermostat 100 w (Misc.)
Ok, I have a PhD in design and have worked as a lighting designer, measuring and calculating heat loss and management, so I have some experience with such devices. This piece of kit really is not that great. Its general design is OK, but the thermostat control is very poor. After hours trying to adjust the dial to maintain an 27-29°C temperature inside of my gecko's hide I gave up. Why does this frustrate me? The description says "Guaranteed +/- 1 degree centigrade accurate at the probe". Let me tell you, the dial is NOT sensitive at all! On a good thermostat you can put it on full, monitor the temperature and when it hits max just turn the dial until it clicks off; done! This one is just guess work up and I don't want to have to play around the with comfort of my pet.

SERIOUSLY thinking about returning this!

Komodo Plastic Feeding Tongs
Komodo Plastic Feeding Tongs
Offered by The Online Reptile Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, 13 April 2013
Cheap, but hey, they work and work pretty well. I pick up meal worms with them no problem as well as knock crickets into their housing box. I would but recommend them to a start leopard gecko owner!

Exo Terra PT2816 Worm Dish Mealworm Feeder
Exo Terra PT2816 Worm Dish Mealworm Feeder

3.0 out of 5 stars works, 13 April 2013
Well, within a few minutes of chucking the worms in I caught one escaping, so 'escape proof' it isn't. I think the lid just doesn't fit perfect. It is kind of big, but I guess that is ok as I can throw in a lot of worms and some carrot for when I am away for a day or two. Its ok, stinks of epoxy plastic and possibly a little toxic (even after washing) so as a little worried when Reznor started licking it. Well, could be worse, but not a quality item.

Leopard and Fat-tailed Geckos (Reptile and Amphibian Keeper's Guides)
Leopard and Fat-tailed Geckos (Reptile and Amphibian Keeper's Guides)
by R. D. Bartlett

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much useless, 13 April 2013
There is some interesting stuff in here, but as far as a practical 'how to care' guide, it is useless. I have just got my leopard gecko and this book is not helping me at all. I think I will return it and buy one which is actually useful in some way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14