Profile for K. MCPOLIN > Reviews

Content by K. MCPOLIN

K. MCPOLIN "HIFI Fan" (Buckinghamshire, UK)

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Sim Free Smartphone
BlackBerry Torch 9800 Sim Free Smartphone
Offered by Mobile Phone Island
Price: Ģ99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this Blackberry, 25 Mar. 2015
Very happy with this Blackberry. The instructions were in Spanish but are available online. This lovely company actually sent me two and I had to send one back

Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black
Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones, 30 July 2007
I previously owned a pair of PX100 Sennheiser earphones with stretched foam covers which came loose and then fell off. I was really disappointed, so I thought long and hard about buying another model from the same company.

However, these are a superb set of earphones. They are light and comfortable with outstanding sound quality, and yet if you wear them round your neck for a moment you cant hear any sound at all, so they are ideal for travelling. Strongly recommended.

May Contain Nuts
May Contain Nuts
by John O'Farrell
Price: Ģ8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This could be any of us...., 16 Feb. 2006
This review is from: May Contain Nuts (Paperback)
I picked this book up with no real enthusiasm, but after ten pages I was in fits of laughter. It is a very funny book indeed, and sharp as a razor. The characters are exaggerations but if you have a children of school age, or even better, if you know parents who do, you will immdediately recognise the absurd behaviour of people obsessed with protecting and promoting their little darlings. A wonderful, hysterical, bitter sweet satire of our time!

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Is it me?, 3 Jan. 2005
I wish Dan Brown well with the success of this book. It is on every bookshelf in the country, both real and virtual. However, it left me cold. The plot is so ridiculous that it becomes comic!
The characters are paper thin, the coincidences bazarre and his spin on the Grail myth is wholely unbelievable. I did laugh once or twice, and I am sure I wasn't supposed to.
You may want to read this because everyone else has, but be warned, you will need a very elastic imagination!

The Vanished Man: Lincoln Rhyme Book 5
The Vanished Man: Lincoln Rhyme Book 5
by Jeffery Deaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Deaver back on form, 29 Aug. 2003
This is what Deaver does best! It is a pacy thriller, with twists and turns that keep you spellbound throughout the story. Deaver's books are uneven in quality, but he excels this time with a thrilling tale on a par with the Bone Collector. Can't wait for the next one!

Sharpe's Battle: The Battle of Feuntes de Oņoro, May 1811 (The Sharpe Series, Book 11)
by Bernard Cornwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Vivid tale of battle and honour, 27 Aug. 2001
This is my first Richard Sharpe novel and I had high expectations following the TV series which I really enjoyed. I wasn't disappointed. Cornwell does an excellent job of weaving the story into a real battle and the villaineous Captain Loup jumps from the page. Compulsive reading!