Profile for Henry.B > Reviews

Henry.B

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
4 Pair Boot Rack (long)
4 Pair Boot Rack (long)
Offered by Gap Garden Products Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and stable, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: 4 Pair Boot Rack (long)
To be honest with you, at first I thought, oh why not pay this much for a the boot rack, it is after all very practical. So I ordered it and I was (and am) happy with it. But, when I think about it, it is a bit overpriced. In my opinion at least. But, oh well, it does the job, the quality is good so I am going to keep it!

Mary Poppins [DVD] [1964]
Mary Poppins [DVD] [1964]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars MP - the best nanny in the world, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Mary Poppins [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
I still remember vividly how I fell in love with the best nanny in whole wide world when I was about 6! That's the first time I watched the movie and I was so fascinated by the Marry Poppins, by the music, by the decor - I wanted to BE IN THE MOVIE!!! I was really frustrated that I couldn't get in it and I know I bugged my parents for months to at least get me a Mary Poppins of my own. I don't know if all little kids felt the same about the movie, but I certainly loved it back then and I still love it today. It has to be one of the best kids' movies and one of the best musicals Hollywood has ever produced. I watched it with my own children and they liked it very much as well!

Pimpernel 10.5 x 10.5 cm MDF with Cork Back Coasters, Set of 6, Classic Emerald
Pimpernel 10.5 x 10.5 cm MDF with Cork Back Coasters, Set of 6, Classic Emerald

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine coasters, 6 Nov. 2012
I am certainly not the first and not the last person to have a passion for collecting coasters. There you go, I said it! :) Some people might find this passion a bit of a waste of money, but oh well. Coasters are not as expensive as other collectables. I like this particular set very much because it is a classical model, unlike the coasters I usually buy. So it's something different!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars All I ever wanted!, 6 Nov. 2012
:) hehe, yes, this oven is all I ever wanted. I am a very warmth loving person. As soon as it gets a little colder, I start freaking out. My partner is the opposite and she keeps making fun of me, but that's just the way I am. I always knew I was going to get one of these stoves one day. It was just a matter of time. Now I am the proud and more than happy owner of this lovely cast iron stove! And I spend almost every evening sitting in front of it!!

AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)

5.0 out of 5 stars good results, 2 Nov. 2012
What's a man without his knives? :) I always try to keep my knives sharp because one of the things I hate most is blunt blades. My wife bought me this sharpener knowing about my little "obsession". I can say it does the job. I find the result convincing. I wouldn't use it regularly though, because in time the blade will "disappear" completely. I use a normal block most of the time, and only when I need to take more drastic measures I also use the AnySharp gadget.

Salveo 1 kg Soap Nuts Bag
Salveo 1 kg Soap Nuts Bag
Offered by Blue Herbs

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 2 Nov. 2012
Soap nuts are eco-friendly - that's a great plus and the reason why I bought them. They do a great job and I wouldn't mind using them all the time. BUT! You do need to be patient and dedicate some time to your laundry if you want to stick to this great washing method. There is a lot to be tried out (you will find that there are plenty of "recipes" for whatever results and efficiency you're after). BUT! It simply takes time. I still would never go back to regular washing powder! My wife feels the same - and she is not a particularly patient person!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 6:22 PM BST

Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Offered by Inspire Plus+

3.0 out of 5 stars Depending on where you use them, 29 Oct. 2012
... At least that is my conclusion. I have used these bags in different places in my unfortunately humid home. And some bags were full after only 1 1/2 weeks. I really had expected them to last longer, at least let's say three weeks! So I don't know what to say. They seem to work fine, but you do have to change them very often in places that are very damp...

Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Oct. 2012
I have a question: Does anyone manage to make soup with this soup maker without precooking the vegetables? I haven't so far. Apart from that, I am happy with this kettle. It blends, it boils the blended vegetables. I don't need to stir or do anything else after throwing the veg into the soup maker! I think the Morphy Richards deserves 4 stars!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2013 6:52 AM GMT

Hammock for Several People 210 x 150 cm Red
Hammock for Several People 210 x 150 cm Red
Offered by SEDIVA UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful hammock!, 24 Aug. 2012
This is just the perfect hammock! It's so unbelievably huge that I can sit in there with my whole family!! :-) The fabric is really resistant and long lasting and it has the cheerful rainbow colours which really look super great in our garden between all that green from the bushes and trees! it's the perfect chill out place under trees and I'm totally happy I bought it! I hope it lasts many years, but the material looks promising!

Lonely Planet Eastern Europe (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Eastern Europe (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overview guide!, 24 Aug. 2012
When it comes about travel guides I always buy those from Lonely Planet because they served me always well and gave me so many clues and hints that I now don't dare to go somewhere on holidays without this guide in my hands:) So a Eastern Europe holiday wanted to be planned and this guide helped us a lot to decide for a round trip and which cities and countries we definitely have to see. It's a good choice if you need a general guidance, because this part of Europe included so many countries that it's only natural that those articles have to be summaries about certain places in this guide. But it gives the curious reader a great general overview about the landscapes and countrysides that have to be seen, so it was perfect for our purpose!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4