Profile for Bee77 > Reviews

Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones [DVD]
Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it 6 stars, I would, 27 May 2014
Just to give you an indication of just how effective this DVD has been for me, let me start by saying that a 3rd friend has now told me they've started Jillian's DVDs after seeing me. This should tell you that this programme ROCKS. It rocks.

I had already completed Ripped in 30, which incidentally I did on the back of a friend's recommendation after seeing HER results. I was already 'eating clean' - well in fact I was trying out all kinds of tactics to give my metabolism and weight loss a big kick start after really letting things slide last year. I have been a gym bunny on/off for over a decade, and when I've been 'on it' it's been to maximum effect. But nothing prepared me for the results I achieved with this baby. I have done this DVD more than any of my other JM DVD's (I have several) and now a family member - who is also a hardcore exerciser-has started on it after seeing my results. My frame is notably smaller, and my body firmer everywhere. I am starting to get in to size 8 dresses, despite my weight not having budged that much since my initial weight loss through doing all of these DVDs. I've lost about 1 stone, but a lot of inches. THIS is the DVD that I credit with friends and family suddenly noticing and being amazed at my change in shape. If you like hard exercise and the glow it brings afterwards, if you like to be pushed and feel as if you've really done something, then this is the DVD for you. If you want to see amazing results and are prepared to work for them, don't waste another second, and get this!

Just one comment regarding that - my aforementioned family member, who is an AVID gym bunny and works out like a beast decided to leap straight to this DVD after deciding that Ripped in 30 didn't make her sweat enough. She described NMTZ as 'horrific'. It is horrific....but horrific in a good way, if you know what I mean :)

I would advise if you do get it to invest in a really thick mat, or use 2 together if you're working on a hard surface, as there is a lot of floor/mat work. Apart from that, what are you waiting for?!

Low Carb Revolution: Comfort Eating for Good Health
Low Carb Revolution: Comfort Eating for Good Health
by Annie Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 27 May 2014
This book is superb. We have already got some favourites from it and have only really 'dipped' into it so far. Who'd have thought that broccoli mash could be so green yet so incredibly tasty? There are certainly some very different recipes in here, which help to keep following a low-carb ethos both interesting, and varied.

Bought on the back of a review I saw in the press, I actually purchased this originally as a gift for family member, also a low-carb fan. But I was so taken with the book on its arrival, I got one for me too :)

Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Orange, 3 kg (2 Piece Set)
Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Orange, 3 kg (2 Piece Set)
Offered by SportsShop4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 27 May 2014
Nice grip, vibrant bright colour, and exactly what I wanted for my workouts at home. I have another brand in smaller weights, which frustratingly seem to stop at just 2.5 kg. If I'd seen these ones first, to be honest I would have got these instead so I could build a whole collection. I knew I wanted neoprene coated and would definitely choose this every time over nylon or anything else.

I plan to get the next weights up in increment in the same range, so I think that says it all!

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by Empowered Media Productions UK

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're ready to push yourself HARD, 27 May 2014
Since being introduced to JM's workouts at the beginning of this year, I have become a serious convert. She is funny, warm and incredibly motivational - all of which shines through in every DVD I have seen of hers - including this one.

Now, having completed Ripped In 30 (which is tough) and No More More Trouble Zones (also very hard going but my fave), as well of some of 6 week 6 pack and Yoga Meltdown...(and yes I plan to get more!) I can categorically state that this DVD is the hardest I have done yet.

This is the first one that has actually had me swearing and "OOOWWWW!" -ing at the screen. This is the one my partner walked home to find me doing (level 1) and seemingly in some noticeable discomfort. His face of disbelief said it all. When Jillian says she's giving you killer buns and thighs, she is not messing around.

In the DVD, Jillian employs her tried and tested format of mixing strength training with high impact, short bursts of cardio (i.e. HIIT) and cranking up the level of each workout progressively until you feel ready to move on to the next one. And it works.

This is the first DVD where I felt scared to move on to the next level until I had done the first for at least a couple of weeks - and I was right to be so! I have a pretty good level of overall fitness, in no small way thanks to the other DVDs I've done, and No More Trouble Zones I credit with very rapidly and very noticeably sculpting my body. But I like to hit it from all angles, so thought I'd give this a whirl too.

I would echo the words of other reviewers on here and say, do not attempt this DVD unless you have at least tried some of JM's other work, as going in to this head first would be a killer! You must have a reasonable level of fitness to be able to manage the cardio bursts as even though they are very short, they are also intense. You must also be prepared to push yourself and want to break through the discomfort barrier to achieve results, or you will throw the towel in at circuit one. So get your head straight before you start!

However, please do not be put off. If you're looking to achieve results, this lady delivers. If you put your all in to your workout, it will reward you with an amazing new body. I am beginning to see changes in places that more than 10 years of on/off gym attendance has never achieved. Even though I actually weigh slightly more than I have in the past when exercising hard, my frame is undeniably smaller. If you stick it out and put your all in to it there is no reason at all why you, or anyone, shouldn't see results. You just have to want them enough. I don't know if I could credit this DVD alone as I have used them all in combination, but my goodness, it makes you feel pushed, and hard.

Jillian introduces level 3 by proclaiming "You FOOL for even attempting this workout!" Well yesterday, this fool attempted, and finished it. The fact that I can walk today is miraculous (although I'm stiffening up as the day wears on!) I nearly threw up from adrenalin in the 2nd circuit. I had to catch some air for a minute between circuits at one point. I nearly stopped entirely, but I'm too stubborn.

Am I going to do it again?

You bet!