Profile for Karrade > Reviews

Content by Karrade

Karrade (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
5V USB to 9V 0.7A - centre positive polarity - tip size 5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID length 12mm
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lead that powers 9v items from a simple USB socket, 20 Aug. 2015
I got one of these to see if it would power one of my korg Volca instruments from my laptop to save having to keep buying six AA batteries at a time for them.

It works perfectly :)

The lead itself is quite long so you don't end up struggling trying to fit the instrument right next to your USB socket.

Obviously you have to make sure you choose the right lead for the product you want to power (with the correct plug on the end and correct polarity). Other than that it is dead simple just plug it in and away you go... no drivers or software to upset your computer, just a 9v power output :)

Communion [VINYL]
Communion [VINYL]
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Top album but my vinyl version had a fault (big scratch across track 1 side 4), 13 July 2015
This review is from: Communion [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I love the Album but unfortunately mine has had to be returned... I purchased it on Vinyl which comes on beautiful heavy Vinyl as a double album. The first 3 sides played fine but side 4 had a big scuff on track one (looks like the vinyl press may have caught it). This is a terrible shame. Of course Amazons impeccable returns system means I can return it with no effort. I shall be ordering a new copy, hopefully the fault is a one off.... Still gave it 5 stars because the music is top quality :)

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player
Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player

3.0 out of 5 stars OK WiFi TV Streaming device but has a few issues., 20 May 2015
This is a difficult one to review because when it works it is brilliant but it has a few annoying issues.
When it arrived I opened the box... plugged it into the TV and put the wifi password in and away it went... no problems whatsoever with set up. My Prime account was already pre-programmed so I could watch programs instantly..... But that is where the joy ended :)

I already have 3 smart Blu-Ray systems with Amazon Prime TV and Netflix and 2 xbox360s with Amazon Prime on them in various rooms around the house and all work perfectly fine with no buffering or errors but this little box isn't the same. Netflix suffers from constant buffering every few minutes... I can tell when it is going to happen because the picture goes all fuzzy a few seconds before the dreaded red wheel appears in the centre of the screen. 20 seconds later I am back watching your show but then just as I get back into the flow I get another buffer. I don't get this issue on any other Netflix box in the house and my broadband is 50MB fibre.. speed test says running at around 28mbs in this particular room with 4 out of 5 bars of wifi so it should be ample to stream a bit of TV. I also get a "Licence" issue on a regular basis.... Choose a program on Netflix and instead of playing it I get a blue screen with "Unlicenced Media" (or similar) dislplayed on the screen but the sound is playing in the background. This can usually be rectified with a re-boot but it is still annoying.
The remote is great and works really well but the downloadable android phone app is a bit hit and miss... half the time the app can see my fire stick but can't connect to it for some reason, not sure what causes this. when it does finally connect it seems to work quite well but it is worth noting that the voice search facility only searches Amazon Prime Video and not the other systems such as Netflix etc.
Amazon Prime Video seems to work better than Netflix with far less buffering so perhaps it is just the app that needs tweaking. I've also tried the 5 on demand app but for some reason half the programs that are on "5 On Demand" are not available on the fire stick... it just has a handful of programs to choose from.

I purchased the Fire Stick on it's original Promo offer of £19. For this amount I consider it OK but for the full price of £35 I would be more inclined to advise home users to pay the extra for a nice little smart Sony Blu-Ray player with Netflix and Prime apps installed as these work much better (Amazon sometimes has these on half price at about £50).

If you intend using the stick for watching portable TV on a laptop on a train etc I would also consider some of the other Stick based systems before making a decision.

Korg Volca-Keys Machine Analog Loop Polyphonic Synthesizer
Korg Volca-Keys Machine Analog Loop Polyphonic Synthesizer

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Style Synthesizer, 3 April 2015
This is a great little box for the money but don't buy it if you don't know what you are doing or if you are looking for something to play a few show tunes on.

Basically it is an 80's style analogue synthesizer for making all those weird electronic sounds of yesteryear... Think Kraftwerk and you are in the right ball park.

It is fairly versatile but it lost half a star for not having a white noise generator, which would have made it so much better. Other than that I can't fault it. I chucked together a quick 2 minute piece of electro music with it so that you can get an idea of what it is capable of... Every single sound in the track was made up on the Volca Keys and then recorded into a simple recording and composing piece of software downloaded off the internet and built into the track

It is very simple to get decent old fashioned nasty sounds out of it and i would recommend it to any budding electro artist or DJ who is trying to make electro music. It's great fun, fits in a big pocket (Size of an old VHS cassette), it works straight out of the box and the batteries last ages.

Well done Korg.

Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS5200 3D Smart Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Good Features, 31 Mar. 2015
These are Fantastic Blu-Ray Players. I've not come across a Region 2 Blu Ray that they wont play yet. Fully compatible with older DVDs too and the massive bonus is the built in WiFi which basically turns any TV that this is connected to into a Smart TV.
Netflix works fine as does Amazon Instant Video. The WiFi signal is grabbed quite well and we have one of these upstairs at the opposite end of the house to the WiFi router and it works pretty well (lost signal a couple of times over the last few months but the rest of the time buffer free).

On initial set-up I recommend hard wiring the box to your Wi-Fi router as this makes the updates load ultra quickly and then move it to the room you require it in and then use it Wi-Fi (had zero problems setting it up this way).

Much smaller than expected (Smaller than an A4 sheet of paper) but they are a bit of a funny shape. the pointy top means you can't put anything on top of it and the point is just too high to slide under the edge of your TV if it is on a standard height stand. Hardly a deal breaker though. We love these players... We have two :)

III
III
Offered by Assai-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Album, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: III (Audio CD)
Average album, not their best work. Ok to have on in the background but it is not something i'd sit down and spend time listening to as I find myself skipping a lot of the tracks..

Tyrannosuarus Rex Board Game
Tyrannosuarus Rex Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality game, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tyrannosuarus Rex Board Game (Toy)
Great game based on Ludo/Frustration, my 7 year old loves it. He also makes his own versions of the game up (that of course make it easy for him to win). No fiddly setting up or really confusing rules. One read through and you've got the basics. Game doesn't last too long either so you don't get stuck playing for hours. Best out of 3? is usually the norm in our house :)

UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
Offered by Discount Office Supplies & Equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for picnics/camping or in the office, 31 Mar. 2015
Pots of UHT milk in a box... not much I can say really. none were damaged or split and the date was good on them. Nearly all gone now so i'll have to order some more.

My Size Condoms 57mm x10 Large Larger Condoms (German Engineering at its best)
My Size Condoms 57mm x10 Large Larger Condoms (German Engineering at its best)
Offered by condom-discount

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but material is a bit thick., 31 Mar. 2015
These are more comfortable than standard sized condoms but personally I found them still a little tight so I went for the next size up which are better. Only problem with these condoms is the material is a little thicker than I would like, buti suppose that makes them safer too :)

Pasante Large Condoms x 24
Pasante Large Condoms x 24
Offered by VitaHealthOnline

4.0 out of 5 stars More Comfortable than Standard size - But still a bit tight, 31 Mar. 2015
These are Ok, Slightly more comfortable than a standard size but still a little tight. Also a bit on the thick side, could do with being a bit thinner material. But they do the job :) - They don't have a box, just the loose condoms.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17