Profile for chillinb > Reviews

90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonky!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: 90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
Having used a number of incinerators, I know that when exposed to fire and rain, none of them last awfully long. However with this one, it is difficult to even get started!. It arrived with 3 legs - all of which attach to one half of the incinerator, with nothing to support the other half. Therefore it keeps toppling to one side. We are having to prop it up with a brick. Sorry Gardman, you make some great stuff, but this is not one of your best

BOLTLESS SHELVING 1780hx1100wx450d, 5x Boltless Shelves (S12) @ 100kg/Shelf by Piranha Trading Ltd with FREE EXPEDITED DELIVERY
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 14 July 2014
Further to my previous review, I bought 2 more of these racking systems, so I now have 5 in total. I love them and cannot recommend them highly enough. My garage has been revolutionised. I am going to try to upload some pics showing how to fix the racking together.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Farming In Father's Day - Fenland Border Norwich/Cambridge
Farming In Father's Day - Fenland Border Norwich/Cambridge
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars A piece of history, 14 Feb 2014
I must admit that this will not be everyone's cup of tea, but when I saw that this dvd contains footage from a farm just down the road and over the river from me, I had to buy it. I live slap bang in the middle of farm land just like that on the dvd and it was fascinating to watch the old methods of working the land. If you have any interest in history and lost skills / old ways of doing things, then this will be the dvd for you.

Burlesque
Burlesque

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Surprise - Cracking, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Burlesque (Audio CD)
As I have never cared for Cher's or Christina's music, through sheer boredom I decided to watch this on an on line movie provider. To my surprise I was stuck to my seat and didn't want it to end. A predictable story line admittedly, but oh, what cracking singing and what fantastic choreography. I loved it so much it is now on my Amazon Wish list. It is one of the very few films I will be able to watch more than once.

LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
Offered by Five Season

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my husband, 31 Jan 2014
I really didn't want this in my house, but hub wanted it for Christmas, so I bought it. Now I am addicted. I love to mess with it by holding it over my morning cup of tea. It's also useful for when he complains that the house is cold. I can quite happily tell him that it is up to temperature. And who would have guessed that it is more humid in our house in Portsmouth than in our former flat in Bahrain?

Tallon 6x4 Plain Photo Album with 200 Pockets
Tallon 6x4 Plain Photo Album with 200 Pockets

4.0 out of 5 stars A photo album!, 31 Jan 2014
I wanted reasonably priced photo albums for my 400 holiday snaps. These fitted the bill perfectly. The only gripe is that the strip holding the pockets into the outside covers came away slightly from the spine when I inserted the 1st photo. I shall have to glue them back into place.

Balloons - Air Fill - 50th Golden Anniversary
Balloons - Air Fill - 50th Golden Anniversary
Offered by Partybitz Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balloons, 31 Jan 2014
These were great. I bought them for my parent's 50th and they stayed up for weeks afterwards. Sturdy and long lasting.

Gardening Without a Garden Hb
Gardening Without a Garden Hb
by Gay Search

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Jan 2014
This is the second copy of this book that I have bought. I have my own and then I bought one for my mum too. It tells you want plants to buy, what size container you need and how to plant the plants in the container. It then tells you how to maintain the container over the winter. I plan to do 3 of the containers this summer and I am busily accumulating the necessary plants. My only gripe is that I am unable to get hold of some of the plants suggested and I am not enough of a gardener to know what to buy in their place. I am resorting to trailing lobelias and fuschias instead.

Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with More Than 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
by Joni-Marie Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this for my vegan friend for Christmas and she absolutely loved it. Not only does it provide recipes, but it tells you how to make the packaging too. It was so interesting, I didn't actually want to give it to her, so I suspect that I will be buying my own copy sometime soon.

Ancient Egypt (Collins Gem)
Ancient Egypt (Collins Gem)
by David Pickering

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan 2014
This is the 3rd Collins Gem I own - the other 2 relate to Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece. All 3 books are superb. They are clear and concise, providing comprehensive information about the Ancient World in an easily readable format. Great for people who are curious to learn a little more, without being subjected to academic tracts. They would also be extremely useful for children, as there are plenty of pictures and they are easy to dip into.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8