Profile for kabanos > Reviews

Teak All Eye
Offered by beaches_music_canada
Price: 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favourites, 27 July 2005
This review is from: Teak All Eye (Audio CD)
This album is absoloutly gorgeous. Dont let these Americans have all the fun, snap this gem up today. I describe it to myself as Chilled music with an African tinge on a loose dance tip. Really beautiful! Please take a chance on this, you might just love it as much as me...which is allot of love!

Echo Parcours
Echo Parcours
Price: 16.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy now! Buy Now!! BUY NOW!!!!!, 8 Mar 2004
This review is from: Echo Parcours (Audio CD)
If you have been lucky enough to discover Boozoo Bajou - Satta and you loved it but can`t find anything elses that hits the spot like that, then this is your lucky day!
For your interest Boozoo Bajou's Peter Heider is one of the very nice people who brings this sound to your ears.
Do your head a favour and treat it to this little gem of a buy. Worth every one of those 5 little golden stars!

When It Falls
When It Falls
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 4.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear!! What a flop!, 2 Mar 2004
This review is from: When It Falls (Audio CD)
Does what it says on the tin. This is what happens when you take a good band with an awesome debut, and they fall. This is a real flounder and the title is quite ironic.
The instrumental solos that many of the tracks build up to lack any spirit or soul. They sound far too polite, not very adventurous and almost as though the musicians are embarressed to play too loudly because they know this sounds so like the last album.
But to say this is a carbon copy of simple things is unfair on 'simple things'. 'When it falls' is a more immature sound and may have sounded much better to our ears had it been released before simple things. So you see in my opinion the band have gone backwards quite drastically.
On the other hand it is exactly the sound of a second album gone bad!
It isn`t even more of the same which would have been ok for me, but this isn`t good enough to say that of this album.
i feel quite strongly of this as after a few listens I am of the same opinion and I will be sending my copy back.
If I can`t do that I would likely find it impossible to give this album away.
Please don`t make like a sheep and go buy this album like everybody else. It has spoilt the magic for me and I felt like I had to do what I could to protect others from making the same mistake as me, and so I write this review!
If you buy this album after reading this, then you are fool and I hope you say to yourself, I wish I listened to that Kabanos!! If you like this then fair play to you, you really have some extreme tastes!! But for me this albuum passes without a memorable moment.
How could it have possibley gone any worse? How did they slide like this?? There is no answer, it is simply the fall of what was once my favourite band ever in the history of music!! I am crushed!

Aliens vs Predator 2 (PC)
Aliens vs Predator 2 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, so I hear!! Not a Half-life beater!, 31 Dec 2001
I have an AMD thunderbird 850Mhz CPU, TNT2 ultra and 256mg of ram and it is still quite jerky. Not unplayable, just an annoyance. It is however alot worse than Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I consider having greatly superior graphics. I brought the two games at the same time and played alittle of both. Since sampling the delights of RTCW I have hardly touched AvP2. I had also found that AvP 2 quite frequently crashed on my system causing complete system freezes. Not acceptable when I think how RTCW hasn`t crashed once, yet!! This is probably a really good game and I`ll get round to playing it one day but not before I`ve completed RTCW. The moral of this review then would have to be, buy Castle Wolfenstein over AvP 2, not because AvP 2 is a bad game but because you will get better satisfaction out of your money with RTCW. Oh and the Aliens mostly come at you standing upright and that looks a bit silly, actually the whole alien graphics are a bit, unusual, the artists opting for a sort of honey comb skin texture instead of the bio/mechanical looking beasties from the second film, bit dissapointed!!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC CD)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC CD)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Satisfied! Get this!!!, 31 Dec 2001
Everything in this game is more finely polished than in any other FPS on the market. I purchased this the same time I got Aliens Vs Predator 2 and after being spoilt by the delights of this wonder, I have hardly touched A v P 2 as it withers by the side of this beauty!!
I`m running this on an AMD thunderbird 850Mhz CPU, KT7A motherboard with 256 ram and an old TNT2 Ultra graphics card and it is blindingly smooth even with all the details up! I thought a better card might have enhanced it someway but I couldn`t see how it could possibly run any faster/smoother, so I think that Mat from england has a few problems with his hardware conflicting or drivers or something cause I built my PC myself and I`m no engineer but installing the game and getting it running couldn`t have been easier!?? The only thing I would say is this game probably wouldn`t appeal to those closet phsyco`s out there who like nothing more than wasting ammo on trying to dismember enemies bodies, because you can`t, I`ve tried. None the less it is still a very excellent and fun packed gaming experience.

Throne of Darkness
Throne of Darkness

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I would have expected., 11 Dec 2001
This review is from: Throne of Darkness (Video Game)
Mine may be not a very helpfull review as I only played this for about 30 minutes before I decided I didn`t like it. Whats strange is that I am totally addicted to Diablo 2 so why didn`t I like this? My main gripe was that, (and I thought this would have been standard for these games now) even if you change the weapon from a club to a spear, it still looks like the club. The fact that there weren`t different graphics for different weapons put me off. I may be wrong and maybe as you progress different armour and weapons DO have different graphics but at that early stage I thought, Oh well, I`m better off with Diablo 2, especially now you can play in 800x600. My advice is get the Diablo 2 and expansion pack. The only game I have ever played solid for more than 10 hours!!! (Sad git)

The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy
by James Redfield
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind altering substance that leaves a perminent imprint!!!, 9 July 2001
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
Do you feel discontented with your life? Do you always find that no matter what you do, it never seems like your on the right path. Well if you don`t then you`ve probably read this book. By reading this you will learn more about yourself and the way we interact with each other than you would have thought possible. You will also sound like a complete space cadet when you try to explain any of its contents to your friends but you will find yourself recomending it to everyone you ever meet. Another side effect from reading this: I found that I uncontrollably analys my conversations to make sure I`m not stealing peoples energy!? Read it and understand!!!